Gauge Interest in a Fit Product or Group Buy Use this sub-forum to gauge market interest in your Product or Group Buy.
If you decide to sell a Product or proceed with your Group Buy, create your listing in our Non-Fit Vendor Group Buys and Product Sales area.
If you decide to become a forum sponsor with "FIT Vendor" title, please Contact Us for details.

GI: Retrofit Bi-xenon Morimoto Mini Stage III Kit (D2S) from TRS

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 08:22 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Vanct
Does anyone know how difficult it is to also install CCFL Halos? Would it require additional wiring/splicing or is it pretty much plug and play as well? I was hoping to have the halos work as DRLs or the parking lights selection so they can be on by themselves while the bulb is not. Is that possible, or does everything just turn on all at once only?
You should be able to splice into your parking lights no problem. Then, the halos will come on with the parking lights. If you want them to be on independent of the parking lights, you need to wire them to the battery then a switch and then ground them. Splicing the parking lights is probably easier though (and safer for the battery...less chance of leaving them on accidentally)

Old 06-03-2011, 12:22 PM
For the ones that were interested in the D2S kit and how the back would fit here it is. I finally was able to take my headlights out to do a swap.

No bulb. D2S with the H4 adapter keeps it aligned and then the lock nut keeps it tight.

Now with the bulb in. Another lock nut keeps the bulb in place and behind the lock nut are a rubber and metal washer.

So no modifications are necessary on the headlights to make it work other than the bulb shield removal.

Old 07-25-2011, 03:15 PM
5 Year Member
Bump...this group buy is canceled for now. There was not enough committed interest, but I may start up another one later on or someone can pick up the torch from here.

For this week only though, you can save 10% with promo code TRSATL on theretrofitsource.com!

Old 09-01-2011, 02:33 AM
I will like to see the headlamp whit the product finish an if you going to make the group bye pms me to let me know thanks

Old 05-18-2016, 04:59 PM
So just so people are aware, I've actually just installed the Mini D2S. I will like to chime in on my experience. First of all quality of the parts are exceptional. The problem is that the kit that I got included a hexagonal ring instead of the circular ring which interfered when I was trying to lock down the projector to the housing. At this point I was SOL because I already cracked the housing open. I assumed that from the threads that the kit shold have been relatively the same. Inorder to go forward I had to trim the locking tabs on the H4 side inorderlock everything down. I'm not sure if I had just gotten the wrong kit or the new kits just has the hexagonal ring. Everything matched up, but I wish I had gotten the circular ring instead of the hexagonal ring.