Gauge Interest in a Fit Product or Group Buy Use this sub-forum to gauge market interest in your Product or Group Buy.
If you decide to sell a Product or proceed with your Group Buy, create your listing in our Non-Fit Vendor Group Buys and Product Sales area.
If you decide to become a forum sponsor with "FIT Vendor" title, please Contact Us for details.

GAUGING: Interest For MUGEN Front Lip on Base GE8

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 03:06 PM
5 Year Member
GAUGING: Interest For MUGEN Front Lip on Base GE8

As the title reads I just wanted to see if there would be interest on the MUGEN lip from the sport model GE8 for the BASE model? If there is please post and let me know. I am currently working on something with a friend. Let me know guys!

Old 10-07-2011, 03:35 PM
5 Year Member
Sign me up!!!

Old 10-07-2011, 06:43 PM
mattgray_0127 will want one fo sho. But is that even possible to do without a sport front bumper? I assume you are fabbing one up? So that would be Mugen rep?

Old 10-07-2011, 06:59 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SxExCx
Sign me up!!!
Will do!

Originally Posted by Bthasht
mattgray_0127 will want one fo sho. But is that even possible to do without a sport front bumper? I assume you are fabbing one up? So that would be Mugen rep?
Yes we are going to modify the lip to fit the base model bumpers. It will be a replica, but we will name it something else since it will be intended for the base models.

Old 10-07-2011, 10:24 PM
rather you do a complete lip kit

Old 10-08-2011, 12:36 AM
5 Year Member
Lol. Jdp lip not good enough for yah?

Old 11-07-2011, 12:01 PM
5 Year Member
I could be interested but not 100% yet,
Would wanna see it first probably

Old 04-30-2012, 11:24 PM
5 Year Member
Id be quite interested too, do you have any concepts in mind?

Old 05-01-2012, 01:49 AM
5 Year Member
Not enough interest so the idea was put off. It would pretty much look like the MUGEN lip for the sport bumper, just modified to fit the base model bumper instead. I figured this thread would have taken off by now as there are really no options for the base fits.

Old 05-01-2012, 09:24 AM
5 Year Member
That's too bad. I agree there really aren't any options for the base front. If you look around the forums, there actually does seem to be quite a lot of interest in some sort of body kit for the base. (individual threads)

Would it be possible to pm me a photoshop of what it would look like? I'm pretty bad at imagining what something would look like in my head. I'd seriously consider custom ordering it(assuming you have blueprints) from you if that would be possible....

My front end has already been "modded" with the oem fog lights and blacked out lower grill in between them. If this looks good with my setup, I'd have a good excuse to get the mugen side skirts and rear bumper as well

Thanks

Last edited by connor55; 05-01-2012 at 09:41 AM.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:47 PM
Originally Posted by 1SickVeilsideZ
Not enough interest so the idea was put off. It would pretty much look like the MUGEN lip for the sport bumper, just modified to fit the base model bumper instead. I figured this thread would have taken off by now as there are really no options for the base fits.
It's the norm. For the fit world. People in this segment aren't as.......... What's a good word..... Ready or out going as other community of cars are.

Old 05-07-2012, 11:04 PM
5 Year Member
^^ Yes I agree, sad it is, but then again this car is mostly meant as an economical car that almost anyone can afford. I think it's a great platform and I have owned many cars in the past and currently, but it's kind of the bastard gen fit that gets no love like many other hondas in the past. We just have to work with we got and the awesome vendors that are willing to step up to the plate and create anything different for these cars.

Hopefully there will be a stronger aftermarket support in the near future.

Old 05-07-2012, 11:30 PM
^^ Yes I agree, sad it is, but then again this car is mostly meant as an economical car that almost anyone can afford. I think it's a great platform and I have owned many cars in the past and currently, but it's kind of the bastard gen fit that gets no love like many other hondas in the past. We just have to work with we got and the awesome vendors that are willing to step up to the plate and create anything different for these cars.

Only disagree on the "almost anyone can buy" part. This car is actually pretty expensive compared to other cars in its segment. Example yaris and the aveo.

Old 05-07-2012, 11:35 PM
5 Year Member

I agree that the Base or LX is kinda left out in terms of aftermarket parts. Its sort of a circle of not enough interest from buyers=no interest from manufacturers.

That said, I think if you actually post some pictures of the product to show people how great it could be, they would be more willing to actually buy these parts. There are definitely a lot of base owners scattered around the forum that would be interested in something like this. A picture(even photoshop) always generates more interest than just a description.