Gauge Interest in a Fit Product or Group Buy Use this sub-forum to gauge market interest in your Product or Group Buy.
If you decide to sell a Product or proceed with your Group Buy, create your listing in our Non-Fit Vendor Group Buys and Product Sales area.
If you decide to become a forum sponsor with "FIT Vendor" title, please Contact Us for details.

JDP Scoop

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 10:45 PM
These products are going to be design by John from jdp. He needs ppl to down because materials aren't keep. If you own any of his product, you would know. Besides me having majority of his products, you can ask Jamy because we were on the development list.

Old 01-24-2012, 10:51 PM
5 Year Member
I'm 100% in in this.

Old 01-24-2012, 10:54 PM
5 Year Member
j1n is kinda having to put money aside right now. He wasn't super pleased with Roguess design because it wasn't really oem or even oem+ looking, it stood out and didn't quite look like it belonged there now that I go back and look. I can understand if he wants to see a sketch up or something before throwing some money down.

I think I want to switch down to the FRP one. I'm thinking about getting it painted MR and would hate to paint CF.

Old 01-24-2012, 11:01 PM
I know how he feels because I wasn't too please with his design but he was the only guy that did the job. John on the other hand always design beautiful product. I have no doubt that he will be disappointed. I will put you down for frp. If you guys can, get three more ppl so we can start this project these week.

Old 01-24-2012, 11:03 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by vumiken
These products are going to be design by John from jdp. He needs ppl to down because materials aren't keep. If you own any of his product, you would know. Besides me having majority of his products, you can ask Jamy because we were on the development list.
Originally Posted by vumiken
I need commitment on the project and its not much. If you can't do it, please let me know and step aside for ppl would are dedicated to new unique development. Sorry for being kinda harsh but it seems like nothing gets done because ppl wants to always see the product but when it comes to the person making it, they have to take money out of there pockets to try and please you.
I have his CF OEM Hood so I know what I'm talking about. Jamy stated already that I am interested but am strapped for cash. I'm pretty sure John can make a mold easily not using CF or FRP (though I believe FRP is pretty cheap). Also as Jamy stated, I wasn't pleased with the one that Rogue designed, and I'm sure some people weren't either. To end this rant, I'd like to see something, anything that could show what this product would look like.

Would you really buy something that you don't know what it looks like?

Old 01-24-2012, 11:27 PM
5 Year Member
Maybe some of the guys from the Base Lip GB would be interested if someone wants to pm them and ask.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/gaug...-base-ge8.html

Old 01-24-2012, 11:31 PM
5 Year Member
Umm when you get a tattoo, wouldn't you have an idea in mind on what you want? I sure did when I got mine and the tattoo artist was more than nice enough to sketch it out real quick.

I guess the tattoo artist that you go to charges for a five minute sketch too...

Truth be told, I wouldn't mind paying upfront but like I said, I don't like Rogue's design and from what you've been saying, he's going to adapt Rogue's design into his own. Just want to see a sketch or something.

Rogue designed his scoop without having people to commit. What if some people commit and don't like the outcome? I'm just saying it's a possibility.

I guess I can wait for the initial ten to buy then see the product.

Old 01-25-2012, 12:45 AM
5 Year Member
I would like to, but unfortunately the right-hand drive models the cowl is replaced on the right hand side of the car. Some people in Indonesia, Malaysia and other areas around here have a scoop that can be seen, but it really isn't so beneficial as the intake doesn't reside there.

Not a bad price really. I still wish one would be made in a 2 or 3 piece setup where the scoop would actually connect up to a box with filter in place. Sort of like the GruppeM intake I had on my old 5R Teggy.

Old 01-25-2012, 12:52 AM
5 Year Member
I think a better analogy would be a sculpture artist.

put me down for an FRP.

Last edited by blassty; 01-25-2012 at 10:08 AM. Reason: Bold my choice so they can see it
Old 01-25-2012, 07:43 AM
Add me to the list of people interested.

Old 01-25-2012, 07:56 AM
5 Year Member
I've got the link to this thread in my sig (although for some reason the sig doesn't show when I post from the mobile version).

I hope that will pull in more people for the deal. Want to make this beneficial for John.

Old 01-25-2012, 09:22 AM
Okay, here is the updated list. Ppl who did not confirm, please confirm with me and choose either cf or frp.

List:
1. vumiken-confirmed CF
2. Fitsir-confirmed? FRP
3. Btrthnezr3-confirmed FRP
4. Jamy-confirmed FRP
5. Blassty-confirmed FRP
6. Cocowheat-confirmed?
7. Cowboy_fit-confirmed?
8. 09blackfit-confirmed? FRP
9. Charlottege8Alex-confirmed? dry carbon

Keep in mind the prices:
Cf= 175
Frp=100

Last edited by vumiken; 01-25-2012 at 10:52 PM.
Old 01-25-2012, 10:50 AM
5 Year Member
Still interested, but would like to see pics before sending off money as well. Will probably go with the FRP due to price & don't really have any CF accents, but still would like to see pics of both mock ups if possible before making a final decision. Wasn't too happy either with Rogue's design, looking for something OEM looking, I don't want it sticking out like a sore thumb.

Something like this possibly? Low profile, and inconspicuous.

I don't think interest will be a problem in less than 24 hrs we already got almost 10 people. Within a week we should be more clear on the list, and have more than enough for a minimum. Also wasn't thinking this was going to happen so quickly; was going to use my refund for this.

Old 01-25-2012, 11:14 AM
Dry look Carbon Fiber

Old 01-25-2012, 12:08 PM
5 Year Member
Curious to see how you all are going to tackle the design. It's not quite as straightforward as the GDs, due to the usable section being off to the side of the strongly curved cowl. I'm interested if it looks good and works.

Old 01-25-2012, 04:23 PM
5 Year Member
Bumping this for shiggles.

Old 01-25-2012, 09:53 PM
I think this will be a scrap project. John will not design anything unless he gets a deposit from at least 10 ppl to get materials. If ppl are waiting and hating the idea, take it up with John. Until I get some confirmation, this project is going to be scrap.

From John. "Can you please let people know that i will provide pictures of the prototype before development and will be sure the majority of people approve of the design before manufacturing the piece (not everyone...but the majority).* I wouldn't want people to buy something they dislike."

Old 01-25-2012, 09:54 PM
5 Year Member
I am ready to put my money down TODAY. Lets be proactive and recruit...and give it some time. Please don't let it die.

Old 01-25-2012, 09:56 PM
5 Year Member
And besides...this is a functional piece. It will bring cool air into the bay. Right where a short ram sits. It will look good because it will work well. And John has never made anything ugly.

Old 01-25-2012, 10:00 PM
5 Year Member
I think you're expecting this to happen over night. It's going to take a little time. That's why I was amazed we were getting so much interest to begin with. Give it at least a week. I'm pretty sure our base lip took longer than that to get every one in.

Quick Reply: JDP Scoop