Gauge Interest in a Fit Product or Group Buy Use this sub-forum to gauge market interest in your Product or Group Buy.
If you decide to sell a Product or proceed with your Group Buy, create your listing in our Non-Fit Vendor Group Buys and Product Sales area.
If you decide to become a forum sponsor with "FIT Vendor" title, please Contact Us for details.

Guage Interest for LED tails

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2014, 11:34 PM
Merchant / Group Buy Organizer ( non-certified )
5 Year Member
Guage Interest for LED tails

New Item from Colin Project Thunder LED tail lamps for Honda GK/GP

Name:  nEAeYctl.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  45.4 KB

Old 09-14-2014, 11:35 PM
Merchant / Group Buy Organizer ( non-certified )
5 Year Member
Maybe a group buy?

Old 09-15-2014, 02:05 AM
Man that's nice!!

Old 09-15-2014, 03:42 AM
I have no idea how these would be installed, but if they were available, I'd learn just to put them on my car.

Old 09-15-2014, 06:31 AM
Well, I know this is going to be a stupid question, but... is it legal to modify the car that way? Aren't there some things that identify the car to law enforcement in a quick way? (Honestly, I just don't know -- it never occurred to me that you could do that.)

Am I seeing amber blinkers?

Old 09-15-2014, 08:29 AM
5 Year Member
Those do appear to be amber blinkers.

Depending on cost, I'd totally be in! Anything to get some amber blinkers!!

Question though, where do we wire up the upper portion? USDM has no plug AFAIK... but I could be wrong.

Old 09-15-2014, 09:19 AM
Im in as well depending on cost. Black on a Black car would look fantastic! Smoke or Chrome would be a good choice too.

Old 09-15-2014, 09:34 AM
5 Year Member
I'm possibly interested… would need to know ballpark cost before committing.

Old 09-15-2014, 10:29 AM
There was another set that didn't have all the lines going up and down it.. I think that one would look sleeker

Old 09-15-2014, 10:34 AM
Depending on cost as well. Those look sweet.

Old 09-15-2014, 11:20 AM
5 Year Member
Basically these are currently being sold in Indonesia roughy $325 and up and i'm sure at other asian countires. They are produced from Taiwan and are called axis style.

they even have this replica:

Rp. 9,750,000 (roughly $600-$700 USD.)
PRODUCT DESCRIPTION :

HONDA JAZZ GK5 2014-ONWARD (RS/S/ALFA) MUGEN-STYLE FRONT-UNDER-STYLE BODY KIT

MADE OF HIGH QUALITY PP PLASTIC
CONSIST OF FRONT UNDER SPOILER, REAR UNDER SPOILER AND SIDE-UNDER SPOILER
INCLUDE LED REAR FOG LIGHT (F1 LAMP)
NO PAINT (RAW)

MADE IN TAIWAN

BRAND : UNCLE

Last edited by Fit2010; 09-15-2014 at 11:22 AM.
Old 09-15-2014, 12:03 PM
Interesting...

Old 09-15-2014, 01:00 PM
They look ok. I like the way they did the amber turn signal. Not so much the reverse lights since I think that LED setup would annoy a lot of people. The red LED strips look a bit tacky. Reminds me of Dr Octopus tentacles for some reason. I'd rather they have made it sleeker, maybe 2-3 long strips using light guide assemblies and LED diodes on each end. They can even make it simpler like how the Kia/Hyundai aftermarket tail lights are done. I mean, at least the Kia/Hyundai LED aftermarket tails (not the headlights) and the JDM GK Fit LED tails look OEM. This screams "rice boy" in my head. Definitely not for someone my age. =T <-- signs of getting old. LOL

Old 09-15-2014, 04:00 PM
How much?!

I like the red ones. The other ones say "ricer" and will draw the attention of John Law.

LED amber turn signals and backup lights are a bonus!

Old 09-15-2014, 05:17 PM
Indeed. They will get the attention of LEO unless they appear "DOT certified". I mean, my window visors, tinted windows, wheel spacer, led fogs, and stubby carbon fiber antenna already draw their attention. I got the window visors to add more "shade" to the windows so they would overlook the front tinted windows. But LEO sees me as a small little econobox, Honda, and then a Fit of all things, and drive off pacing another poor soul to write a citation to.

I wish all the Prius drivers in the world got citations. LOL. I test drove and wanted a Prius back in 2011. Awfully slow, horrible drive, but gosh do a lot of them here in SoCal have a smug driving attitude. I almost signed my soul away to the devil for such a boring car. Even a Fiat 500 is more refreshing. What's the point of having a hybrid gas sipper if they're gonna floor it all the time, speeding, cutting people off, and fixing it up to be a "sport" car. I see them often on the 10 Fwy! And they get to ride on carpool with their fancy bumper sticker.

Last edited by noripwr; 09-15-2014 at 05:20 PM.
Old 09-15-2014, 07:09 PM
Originally Posted by BLXFITTY
There was another set that didn't have all the lines going up and down it.. I think that one would look sleeker

I think you are talking about the ones from this post: https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...m-so-sexy.html right?

I think I agree but, I have not quite made up my mind yet. All I know for sure is that I want that tailgate lit up, dammit!!! You know, the way God intended it to be!!! Why doesn't it already come this way??? I was soooooooo disappointed the first time I saw my tail at night... I had just assumed that the tailgate lit up.

So yeah anyways... I am very interested in this mod and possibly participating in the purchase... especially if I can't figure out how to get my hands on the JDM(?) version from the post listed above.

Old 09-15-2014, 07:17 PM
Originally Posted by noripwr
...And they [prius] get to ride on carpool with their fancy bumper sticker.
Not any more, unless they have a new plug-in model with the green stickers. The old yellow stickers got their Smugness Privileges revoked and have to drive with us peons.

Old 09-15-2014, 07:19 PM
Other tailgate lights here too: https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...il-lights.html

Old 09-15-2014, 08:13 PM
Originally Posted by GeorgeL
Not any more, unless they have a new plug-in model with the green stickers. The old yellow stickers got their Smugness Privileges revoked and have to drive with us peons.

Lmao that bumper sticker is pure awesome! I got a fast track recently. Apparently if they got the bumper sticker they can still ride individually in the fast track for free.
Don't think it applies to regular car pool though.

Old 09-15-2014, 08:15 PM
Thinking about this thread, I've been searching for led tails since I saw the GK announced in Japan. I read on here that China was getting the Jazz too, so we'd be seeing a bunch of aftermarket parts. So far there's not much going on though, cept for the Asia market... Which for us US folk is difficult to source and the shipping costs is an eye sore.

Quick Reply: Guage Interest for LED tails