no beep when you press lock twice

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 04:42 PM
Unhappy no beep when you press lock twice

ok so today after looking at my headlights i shut the door and pressed lock and walked off then i hit it again maybe 15ft away and nothing i went back to the car and it no longer beeps when you hit the remote i looked in the owners manual and it didn't say anything about being able to turn it off

has this happened to anybody or anybody know how to correct this i just dont fill like making the drive to the dealer for this

Old 03-15-2007, 05:18 PM
i believe it is not the distance but time interval between 2 press for lock.
pressing 2 lock withing 10 -15 secs will cause Horn sound (beep). but if the time interval is more than 15 sec than there no beep. then pressing lock again will beep..(this sound confusing )

does your parking light come on during locking process?
may be one of your door is not fully closed (like hatch door etc)

Old 03-16-2007, 10:35 AM
well i pressed it the same way since the day i got my fit i have always made it beep when i lock it its my lil reminder that it locked and this is the same way i locked it yesterday the lights blinked and all doors where closed i checked first to see if that was the problem and checked to see if all doors were really locking. well a couple of hours later i left to walmart and locked the doors and it beeped the second time i pressed the button

Old 03-16-2007, 11:35 AM
5 Year Member
you have a 5 second interveral between when u press once and twice and it will beep. if you press after 5 seconds, it will not beep it will just lock noiseless.

Old 03-16-2007, 12:28 PM
yeah i pressed it back to back within 2 sec and nothing but it seems normal now just not sure why it did this

Old 03-18-2007, 12:40 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fithouston
yeah i pressed it back to back within 2 sec and nothing but it seems normal now just not sure why it did this
Maybe you're hitting it too fast? Mine won't beep if I try to hurry it (typical chick lol).

Old 03-19-2007, 02:22 AM
5 Year Member
You have diffrent remote locking system in US too?
Over here in Norway (Europa), I just press once on the locking button and it locks all doors and blink twice in all direction lamps. If it only blink on one side, the doors on the side where it did not blink is open, or the hatch or hood is open. No beeping at all. I tried pressing twice, still no beep.

And there is another button to press for unlocking. It then blink one time, with no beeps and all door opens.

Maybe this have to do with the antitheft alarm?
I'm getting it installed this week.

Old 03-19-2007, 04:51 AM
you know i will have to take a look at it later but i noticed my hood was open after getting my oil changed but didnt think anything of it...so i will do some research and find out if it will not beep if the hood is open if i was not aware that would happen if it did

Originally Posted by F0NIX
You have diffrent remote locking system in US too?
Over here in Norway (Europa), I just press once on the locking button and it locks all doors and blink twice in all direction lamps. If it only blink on one side, the doors on the side where it did not blink is open, or the hatch or hood is open. No beeping at all. I tried pressing twice, still no beep.

And there is another button to press for unlocking. It then blink one time, with no beeps and all door opens.

Maybe this have to do with the antitheft alarm?
I'm getting it installed this week.

Old 03-19-2007, 07:12 PM
did som research today with my fit, the remote, a cold beer, and a open hood
and after ten long minutes i found out the fit will not beep if the hood is open but doors will lock

Old 03-20-2007, 05:20 AM
5 Year Member
Do your lights still flash and all the doors lock. If none of the doors/hood/hatch is open still. Maybe the horn is dead, have you used it alot lately?

Old 03-20-2007, 03:02 PM
yeah everything is working it was not beeping because of the hood being open

Old 06-13-2007, 08:45 PM
Simple. It does it with my Fit and my KIA. If one of the doors isnt completely closed, it wont beep. I just had the same problem with the Fit two days ago and I went around and opened and slammed all the doors. I tried it again without doing anything else and it beeped. Incidentally, does anyone know what the beep is? Fuel cutout?

Old 06-17-2007, 04:35 PM
Originally Posted by mjrossman17
Incidentally, does anyone know what the beep is? Fuel cutout?
Fuel cutout? Uhh I think its just a audio notification that your stock alarm was set.

Old 02-01-2009, 12:28 PM
5 Year Member
I know this is a really old thread, but last night I noticed the exact same problem, and it was the same answer; my hood was open!

I stopped on the way out the get some windshield washer fluid but the gas station wanted way too much for it, so I said forget it... Forgetting that I had popped the hood expecting to fill the washer fluid.

Anyway, wanted to drop a line and say thanks for the thread. Took me a bit to find it, but ya, saved me a ton of hassle.

Digi

Old 02-01-2009, 01:29 PM
5 Year Member
this happened to me as well, it was kind of unnerving. took me a while to notice the hood was popped.

Old 02-15-2009, 12:53 PM
Thought I could add to this thread... This summer I was on vacation in Canada with my girlfriend. We were going to visit the CN tower (i think that's what it's called). Anyway, it's just a HUGE tower with cell antennas on the top. Turns out, the antennas on the top were so strong it JAMMED my remote signal. I couldn't get it to lock the doors at all. No lock, no beep. I had to lock the doors manually!

Everything worked fine once we were over a mile from the tower.

Old 02-15-2009, 03:48 PM
5 Year Member
wow, that's crazy. you'd think that'd be illegal or something, it must eff up a lot of shit in that area.