2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Activate chirping sound when locking/unlocking the doors?

Old 01-13-2014, 11:52 AM
Activate chirping sound when locking/unlocking the doors?

Just got my new 13' fit a few weeks ago, and have been trying to figure out how to get the car's horn to beep 1x or 2x when locking/unlocking doors. Read the manual but nothing relevant in there afaik. The only beeping I've discovered is when I press lock 2x. Is this function simply not available, or is there some secret to unlock this that I haven't discovered? Thanks for any help on this!

Old 01-13-2014, 12:19 PM
The car only beeps on the 2ed lock press to tell you the alarm has been armed. It does not beep on the first lock as this only locks the door. Why would you even want it to beep on an unlock unless you have a nasty habit of leaving your keys out in the open for someone to steal them or you often drive home too drunk to figure out what button locks the car?

If a car beeped when I locked, armed the alarm, and when I unlocked it I would not be the only one on here asking how to turn it off. I don't really believe this to be a value adding functionality and it is just an annoyance.

With that said I do not know how the Fit's horn system but on my Scion tC you could connect the horn to a relay which controlled the lock from the FOB, that caused the horn to beep when you locked/unlocked the car from the FOB. I am unsure if you can do this with the Fit but maybe someone with more experience could help. The down side to this method is that it would have the same beep for lock and unlock.

Old 01-13-2014, 12:52 PM
I want the sound so I know for sure that I've locked/unlocked my doors. It's a simple function that's been available on cars for the last 15-20 yrs, yet Honda cut corners on this for the budget fit. Nighttime isn't so bad as I can see the lights flash, but during daytime I find myself pressing the remote more than once to make sure.

Old 01-13-2014, 05:03 PM
Yes, you press lock once to lock, and a second time to annoy the neighbors when you come home at 3 AM. If you're close enough you can hear the locks click on the first press.

You know it's unlocked with one key press because the doors open when you pull on the handle. And the reason they don't beep when you unlock is because then you might accidentally unlock and think you locked it because it beeped.

Old 01-13-2014, 05:59 PM
I guess u guys have never driven cars where 1beep is lock and 2beeps is unlock? :roll eyes:

Old 01-13-2014, 06:29 PM
The dealer installed alarm on my base beeps twice on unlock. I thought all cars were like that lol

Apparently the sport has a secondary alarm horn though? Not sure how you'd wire a function like that up.

Old 01-13-2014, 08:38 PM
Seems unnecessary to chirp on unlock.

Old 01-19-2014, 10:54 AM
The chirp is really unnecessary. I have only had it on rental cars and it is only really useful for waking neighbors at 3am.

Also
"You know it's unlocked with one key press because the doors open when you pull on the handle. And the reason they don't beep when you unlock is because then you might accidentally unlock and think you locked it because it beeped."

If you hit the unlock button it will automatically lock after about a minute if you do not open the door. Even if the door was unlocked to start with.

Old 01-19-2014, 05:22 PM
5 Year Member
I had the same thoughts when I got my '13 Fit. Thought it would beep, but it just makes a click noise you can barely hear. I did manage to set off the alarm sitting in the car in a parking lot, and stopped it by using the key. Arghhh

Old 01-19-2014, 11:26 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by two-five boy View Post
I guess u guys have never driven cars where 1beep is lock and 2beeps is unlock? :roll eyes:
No need to be a cheeky cunt about it.

Everyone here is just trying to help. As far as I can tell, it's just not an option possible with the factory alarm. A quick call to your local Honda dealers service dept would answer your question for sure.

If you really want the beep/horn-honk for unlock and lock, and it's important to you (which I totally get), just get an aftermarket alarm installed.