rear wiper blade

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 01:53 PM
5 Year Member
rear wiper blade

anyone replace the rear wiper blade if so what size and where did u get ..
what brand ...i went to replace today and guy said the michelan and other brands have too small of bar that the wiper arm fits onto blade

Old 03-08-2008, 02:32 PM
I ran into the same problem with mine, so I just got a factory replacement blade for $7.50. It lasted for around 32,000 miles of driving, so I can't complain about the factory part.

Old 03-08-2008, 03:20 PM
5 Year Member
yeah, i had to get a honda blade too.

Old 03-08-2008, 09:18 PM
5 Year Member
ok thanks...

Old 11-07-2008, 04:54 PM
Banned
I was at WalMart today, picked up a 14" wiper blade as this is the replacement size for the rear. Turns out swapping it for the original Honda blade is not possible as the connector area is different. Returning it in the morning and buying one directly from the Honda dealer. I have replaced the front blades with RainX brand, works better than the factory ones. Real sweet.

Old 11-12-2008, 01:08 AM
Originally Posted by kamakurakid
I was at WalMart today, picked up a 14" wiper blade as this is the replacement size for the rear. Turns out swapping it for the original Honda blade is not possible as the connector area is different. Returning it in the morning and buying one directly from the Honda dealer. I have replaced the front blades with RainX brand, works better than the factory ones. Real sweet.
Did you get a replacement/refill "rubber blade", or did it include the entire blade/wiper assembly?

Old 11-12-2008, 01:26 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by Mynute 1
Did you get a replacement/refill "rubber blade", or did it include the entire blade/wiper assembly?

The entire rear blade including rubber/plastic assembly is something like $26 CDN. Just the rubber blade, which slides into the original plastic wiper assembly is $5.75 CDN. You need the two metal strips from the old rubber blade, switch them over to the new unit. Takes two minutes.

The Honda parts guy told me the front wipers are together something like $140 CDN if they need replacement. That is just for the plastic and rubber sections and not the arms. Of course we can replace the same parts for $30-50, depending on quality from Walmart.

So do not throw out those front or rear plastic blades or the metal strip holding the rubber blade in place.

Last edited by kamakurakid; 11-13-2008 at 06:22 PM. Reason: clearer description
Old 11-12-2008, 01:35 AM
Originally Posted by kamakurakid
The entire rear blade including rubber/plastic assembly is something like $26 CDN. Just the rubber blade, which slides into the original plastic wiper assembly is $5.75 CDN. You need the two metal strips from the old rubber blade, switch them over to the new unit. Takes two minutes.

The Honda parts guy told me the front wipers are together something like $140 CDN if they need replacement. That is just for the plastic and rubber sections and not the arms. Of course we can replace the same parts for $30-50, depending on quality from Walmart.

So do not throw out those front or rear blades.
Thanks for the info!

Old 11-12-2008, 08:48 AM
5 Year Member
When the rear wiper rubber started to peel away I tried to find the same size at Can Tire. Not finding any I cut an old wiper blade with a plastic mount I had and with a little fiddling it is doing yoeman duty on the rear.

Old 11-12-2008, 08:02 PM
5 Year Member
think it is mostly a dealer item

Old 11-12-2008, 08:12 PM
HID Addict
Can someone tell me if this means i need new blades?

-streaks
-noiseless
-window still blurry (with defroster on yes)
-lights are "streaky" and looks brighter/powerful than it really is

If it doesnt mean i need a new blade, wtf am i suppose to do? its annoying -.- i dont want to use a liquid rainx that i had used before, it turned out hazy and foggy big time

Old 11-13-2008, 11:38 AM
5 Year Member
what u can try is some light grit sand paper on the blade partthat touches the window rub it few times then clean blade...then make sure it is seating good on the windows..might have to bend the wiper blade arm a hair to make better contact

Old 11-13-2008, 06:20 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Rubba Burna

-streaks
-noiseless

If it doesnt mean i need a new blade, wtf am i suppose to do? its annoying -.- i dont want to use a liquid rainx that i had used before, it turned out hazy and foggy big time
Try new blades from WalMart. Also, it sounds like your windshield is oily:

Use distilled white vinegar. You can dilute the vinegar 2:1 with water. Heavy spots may require pure vinegar. Either way, the vinegar will not harm you or your car.

Do you use Armour All or a like dash protector? The interior windows could use a good cleaning as well.

And finally, when was your last eye check-up? Really. You will notice lights at night tend to be an issue if you are in need of glasses. If it has been a year, time to see an eye chart.

Old 11-13-2008, 06:33 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Rubba Burna

-streaks
-noiseless

Hazy and/or foggy means you used too much solution and/or used a bad application cloth or technique. I have used RainX for years, no issues for me....when my wife tries to use it there are hazy bits. I am a master of application.

I hope you are NOT using RainX regular on your interior windows, this is a major NO-NO. You need the special Anti-Fog Rain-X and not the regular stuff.

Using the window squeege at the gas pumps? Not cool, tons of oil and dirt on those STD spreaders. Could be where you picked up the exterior oil issues on your windshield. Stay away from the anything near the gas pumps.

Rubbing Alcohol also works at removing window film, use a good window cleaner afterwards inside and outside.