2016 Honda Fit red flashing lights

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2015, 12:08 AM
5 Year Member
2016 Honda Fit red flashing lights

I bought a basic 2016 Honda LX Hatchback today and noticed that there is a small flashing red light near the CD player after I shut the car off. In addition, another blinking red light (somewhat larger ) on the Left side of the dashboard that comes on after I shut the car off and lock it.

I'm not aware of any alarm system that I bought and couldn't find anything in the owners manual. Are these two lights some type of security system ? Is there a way to disable them or should I just leave it alone My concern is that the blinking lights will run down the battery.

Thanks in advance for any help/advice. This is my first Fit.

Old 11-18-2015, 12:28 AM
5 Year Member
Stereo light is a LED that id's it as a theft protected radio.

The battery should run the LED for about a year.. The pain to get them actually off would be endless..

Old 11-18-2015, 09:41 AM
The one on the stereo is to tell would-be thieves that the factory stereo system requires a code so they shouldn't steal it. I don't know how many people would actually be interested in stealing the factory stereo for a Fit anyhow, but that's what the light is for.

The other light is an indicator for a simple car alarm that Honda includes. There should be something in the owner's manual about it. To see it in action, roll down your window, lock the car with the remote or the outside key slot, wait for a minute for it to finish arming (the blinking changes), and then unlock and open the door with the inside handle. The horn should start honking obnoxiously and the lights flashing until you press a button on the remote. I don't suggest trying when people around you are asleep, even given that the Fit's horn is not too loud.

Don't worry about them in particular running your battery down. If you need to park your car for several weeks at a time it might be wise to start thinking about a battery tender of some sort or disconnecting the battery to keep it from running down.

Old 11-18-2015, 08:56 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DrewE
The one on the stereo is to tell would-be thieves that the factory stereo system requires a code so they shouldn't steal it. I don't know how many people would actually be interested in stealing the factory stereo for a Fit anyhow, but that's what the light is for.

The other light is an indicator for a simple car alarm that Honda includes. There should be something in the owner's manual about it. To see it in action, roll down your window, lock the car with the remote or the outside key slot, wait for a minute for it to finish arming (the blinking changes), and then unlock and open the door with the inside handle. The horn should start honking obnoxiously and the lights flashing until you press a button on the remote. I don't suggest trying when people around you are asleep, even given that the Fit's horn is not too loud.

Don't worry about them in particular running your battery down. If you need to park your car for several weeks at a time it might be wise to start thinking about a battery tender of some sort or disconnecting the battery to keep it from running down.
Thanks ever so much, Drew.

Old 07-24-2016, 09:06 PM
5 Year Member
Where would it be in the owner manual i cant find anything about the red flashing light on the dash ive only had one before in my previous fit

Old 07-24-2016, 09:31 PM
Originally Posted by charmed_6719
Where would it be in the owner manual i cant find anything about the red flashing light on the dash ive only had one before in my previous fit
Look in the index under "Security System." In my manual, it's page 90, with a subheading of "Security System Alarm."