2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

*** Flashing Red Light on Dash??? ***

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 04:33 PM
*** Flashing Red Light on Dash??? ***

Ok hope this is not a noob question, but I noticed that after I lock my car, besides the radio red light, I have another, bigger & brighter flashing light coming from my dash. I'm not sure if there is a problem with the car, or it's just a standard thing?

It's the Sport trim if that makes any difference...

If it's not normal, has anyone ever had this and what was the problem?!?!

Thanks in advance!

Old 10-30-2009, 04:36 PM
My Lips Bigger!
5 Year Member
alarm.
face/palm
tehe

Old 10-30-2009, 05:21 PM
I get a flashing red light in my mirror from time to time, but I think that's something different....
Moon

Old 10-30-2009, 06:25 PM
5 Year Member
it means that your car is about to explode.....

Old 10-30-2009, 06:29 PM
5 Year Member
It's the alarm.

Old 10-30-2009, 09:10 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by M4psycho
it means that your car is about to explode.....
The thread would have been awesome if that was the only reply.

Old 10-31-2009, 05:21 PM
5 Year Member
When it blows up does the intruder lose an arm or what? I have not read the manual so no idea how sophisticated the alarm system is. As long as it is not annoying like a neighbours and beeping at all hours.

Old 10-31-2009, 06:04 PM
lol alrite just read my manual and it is indeed the security alarm.

sorry its my gfs car, I have a Si, so she just told me about it and I found it odd since my Si has a security system too but there's no flashing light..

Thanks for the comical replies!

Mods can close this thread

Old 12-19-2009, 11:31 PM
Wow. I just noticed the flashing light myself (first time in two months with this car that I locked the door with the door switch while getting out). Apparently it is only triggered by the door is unlocked without the key; kicking the tired and banging on the doorframe have no effect, nor does rocking the car like a Viper system. Anyone know if it broken windows trigger the alarm (don't want to test this out for obvious reasons)

Old 12-19-2009, 11:50 PM
Originally Posted by Occam
Anyone know if it broken windows trigger the alarm (don't want to test this out for obvious reasons)
why not try winding down the window before locking/arming the car/alarm. then attempt to open the car door from inside the car to simulate breaking glass to force open door from inside car.

Old 12-20-2009, 12:06 AM
The car would be responding to the door being unlocked and opened without the key, not to the breaking window.

Old 12-20-2009, 11:37 AM
5 Year Member
No it's a basic alarm, no sensors. It's too bad Honda doesn't offer an add-on shock sensor in their accessory catalog. Mazda did that for my last car.

Old 10-22-2022, 12:01 AM
Originally Posted by Occam
Wow. I just noticed the flashing light myself (first time in two months with this car that I locked the door with the door switch while getting out). Apparently it is only triggered by the door is unlocked without the key; kicking the tired and banging on the doorframe have no effect, nor does rocking the car like a Viper system. Anyone know if it broken windows trigger the alarm (don't want to test this out for obvious reasons)

My sister got drunk and when she gets drunk she gets angry. Just one of those "hot mess" kinda girls. Anyway she locked the keys in my mother's 2012 Honda Accord EX 2.4 and decided the best option was to throw a brick through the rear driver's side window. And YES the alarm went off and since she had parked in a post office parking lot there were plenty of cameras and cops showed up pretty quick and she was fucked. So the 2012 Accord Ex alarm goes off with broken glass.

Side Note. Don't give a f#@k what anyone says that round cigarette burn type blinking light on my dash has not been there before today. 2+ years driving this car and using fob to lock and unlock and it never blinked before today after arming the alarm so something changed to make it flash now. The radio tiny round red blinking light always has been there but that larger one on the dash with all the other idiot lights has not. I k ow this fo sho as I have armed the alarm while sleeping in the car at rest stop for safety and would most CERTAINLY have seen the damn thing so whoever says it has always been there is making an assumption that those of us experiencing this just haven't noticed but that BS there's some kinda hinky weird Honda thing to turn that red light within the guage cluster on and off and those of us suddenly seeing it for the first time must have accidentally done the steps necessary for turning it on. Many people have this sudden change and I can assure you we are not a bunch of unobservant idiots. My attention to detail is top notch and I would have noticed.

Just like you can set the e-brake While the care is running and then turn it off and restart it to turn off the marker lights that usually stay on despite setting the headlight switch to off and they remain on. So while the car is running you just put the headlights switch to the "off" position then set e-brake and turn car off then restart it and those annoying marker lights turn off so you can buy drugs on a dark street without attracting the attention of police LOL

Last edited by evets12982; 10-22-2022 at 12:03 AM.