Really stupid, crazy idea - a V10 Fit

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2018, 04:49 AM
Lightbulb Really stupid, crazy idea - a V10 Fit

So i have an '08 Fit Sport. Love everything about it, how it handles, shifts, etc; all except how little power it makes. Now, my family has a '97 Ford E350 15-passenger van with a Triton V10 in it, and it's getting a little old and rusty, but the engine is solid and it's a ball to drive (in a straight line at least). So I joke around with my Dad about sticking the V10 in the Fit when the Blue Whale (as we call the van) whenever it rusts out, since all the fit needs is a little more power and it would be perfect.

But that got me thinking...
What if i actually did such a thing?

It wouldn't fit in the front obviously, but as all the important bits are up there i could leave the front pretty much alone. I could take the rear seats out, put a rear end from something in it, plop the 6.8 in with an auto transmission and it would be good. (Maybe even a manual of some sort, but idk what i would do with the extra pedals and shifter)
Theoretically i could still drive around normally just running the front engine, with the V10 off most of the time, to drive to the track or whatnot. Probably put a couple upgrades to get more power out of the 1.5 to compensate for the extra weight.

Now I know what you're thinking, what kind of drugs is this kid on? Who comes up with these stupid ideas anyway? Why would you do this to a Fit of all cars?
But just you imagine pulling up to some lame mustang or camero, revving the little 1.5, letting him laugh at you, then fire up the V10 and smoking him.
Just something about that idea just tickles me and i want to do it sometime in my lifetime.

Anyone ever done anything remotely like this? What are some of your crazy ideas to do with a Fit?

My Fit

The "Blue Whale" V10 Ford E350