General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

What you DO like about your Fit

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2022, 03:06 PM
5 Year Member
What you DO like about your Fit

Ok..I'll start it off.
The Honda road handling is near the top. For a car that has a body of a van...it does great. (I measured almost a mile straight...with my hands off the wheel last week.)
Gas mileage...always 40 in the summer...a few less in the winter.
Cargo capacity...with the magic seats, there is no other that compares.
Fun to drive...I'm cheating a little here because I use a Sprint Throttle controller. Along with a sai and tanabe exhaust...it rips through the gears. The m/t is the best.
Comfort of driving...The drivers seat fits me perfectly. I added the Honda center armrest and it's like driving from my living room recliner.

Last edited by steve37; 02-09-2022 at 03:10 PM.
Old 02-09-2022, 04:33 PM
Agree with you. Plus: the Fit is small outside so it's much easier to squeeze into tight parking spaces in NYC. I honestly don't know what other car is "small outside, big inside" like the Fit. Also, I have a golden orange Fit, so it's beautiful and easy to spot in a big parking lot. Basically, the Fit is the perfect urban car. I even moved furniture using it.

Old 02-09-2022, 06:14 PM
5 Year Member
^^^ I forgot about that...when driving through a parking lot and an empty spot appears...no need to swing out to park.
Just nose it in....while watching the others back up and pull ahead to get room.
The turning radius is great.

Old 02-10-2022, 01:22 AM
I like most the performance, manoeuvrability, convenient outside dimensions and spacious interior. I also like the looks of the car in skyride blue as well as the red/orange stitching in the upholstery of Sport/RS/Dynamic trim level.

Old 02-10-2022, 11:56 AM
Mileage, ease of parking in NYC and the supportive and helpful group on the internet!

Old 02-14-2022, 09:39 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by steve37
Ok..I'll start it off.
The Honda road handling is near the top. For a car that has a body of a van...it does great. (I measured almost a mile straight...with my hands off the wheel last week.)
Gas mileage...always 40 in the summer...a few less in the winter.
Cargo capacity...with the magic seats, there is no other that compares.
Fun to drive...I'm cheating a little here because I use a Sprint Throttle controller. Along with a sai and tanabe exhaust...it rips through the gears. The m/t is the best.
Comfort of driving...The drivers seat fits me perfectly. I added the Honda center armrest and it's like driving from my living room recliner.
You covered it. Love my red GK. Been all over the US in it east of Idaho from our home in Tampa Bay.

Old 02-23-2022, 03:15 PM
5 Year Member
I second what everyone else has said. It's the first car I ever loved. I mean both of the ones I've owned.

Old 02-24-2022, 02:39 PM
Originally Posted by Surviver of the Fittest
"small outside, big inside".
That was my main reason for getting a fit specifically.

Less practically, I like that the form-factor is different enough that it stands out on the parking lot.

Old 02-25-2022, 11:05 PM
5 Year Member
For a small car it's well designed for safety. I just noticed this in the paper today. This is what happens when two semis decide to play whack-a-mole with a 2016 Fit:

Fit accident

Old 02-26-2022, 12:27 AM
I love the aftermarket support. You mod it to your taste.

Old 03-16-2022, 03:51 PM
5 Year Member
I really like the built in pocket on the left side of the dash. Perfect for coins or what-not. It never flies out.

Old 03-16-2022, 04:18 PM
I like the hill start assist if you have a manual. It really makes going up steep climb easier.

Old 03-17-2022, 04:11 AM
Originally Posted by RD36
I like the hill start assist if you have a manual. It really makes going up steep climb easier.
I understand you opinion, but personally I find it a bit annoying. I've so used to use hand brake for that.
I like pretty efficient electric mirror defrosters and seat heaters.

Last edited by TnTkr; 03-17-2022 at 04:17 AM.
Old 03-17-2022, 04:26 AM
Originally Posted by TnTkr
I understand you opinion, but personally I find it a bit annoying. I've so used to use hand brake for that.
I like pretty efficient electric mirror defrosters and seat heaters.
Yeah, I still use the handbrake the old school way. But I find that much reassuring knowing you wont be rolling back and have to give a tap tap of gas to keep it from stalling etc. I also like the cruise ctrl on this. These are the two things I want to keep if if engine swap it. I almost forgot the rear view camera makes parking a breeze.

Old 03-17-2022, 04:20 PM
5 Year Member
I love that after going 400 miles on a tankful of gas...it only takes 10 more gallons to fill it back up.

Old 03-18-2022, 01:35 AM
Originally Posted by RD36
Yeah, I still use the handbrake the old school way. But I find that much reassuring knowing you wont be rolling back and have to give a tap tap of gas to keep it from stalling etc. I also like the cruise ctrl on this. These are the two things I want to keep if if engine swap it. I almost forgot the rear view camera makes parking a breeze.
I would love to exchange the lane assist and parking sensors to a proper rear view camera!
I like the easiness of the front map lights, and the front footwell lighting. I'm planning to extend it to rear footwell as well.
But still the best things are performance and nimble handling!

Old 03-18-2022, 12:46 PM
5 Year Member
I really like the fuel efficiency. I like its cargo carrying ability. I like that it is durable. I like that I have had to invest very little over the last 12 years to keep it in top working order. I like that in 12 years it has never left me stranded. I like that the engine is silent at idle.

I just like it. It's not a perfect car but it fills the role that I need as many would use a truck for. I daily drive it to a desk job and use it to haul stuff for projects like drywall, lumber, large trash to the dump, etc. Great little car.

Old 03-18-2022, 04:59 PM
5 Year Member
^^^ excellent.
Ditto to all the above....plus I love that there are no ashtrays.

Old 04-13-2022, 02:58 PM
5 Year Member
There's so many things I love about my Fit. I have a 2016 red one that replaced my 2009 dark gray one. I'm super-bummed that Honda discontinued making Fits in the US. That really sucks. I don't want an HRV or a Civic (had a few Civics, they're good cars, but don't compare to the Fit).

I love how easy it is to maneuver into tight parking spaces. I see all these huge SUVs and trucks that barely fit in a space. I just zip right in. Obviously I love the gas mileage. I love how roomy it is. People are always surprised to hear or see how much stuff I can fit in mine. We've driven from Indiana to South Carolina on vacation many times with my family of 4...never had issues fitting in the luggage.

Do you think Honda will go back to making Fits in the US? I can't believe they didn't sell well. I see them everywhere I go.

Old 04-13-2022, 03:11 PM
5 Year Member
Actually the Fits were never made in the US. They were mostly made in Mexico and sometimes Japan (2017 model I think). They were sold in North America until recently. Honda's two Mexico factories now make the HRV.

Quick Reply: What you DO like about your Fit