General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Rochester NY - HELP - need test drive

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 05:41 PM
Exclamation Rochester NY - HELP - need test drive

Does anybody have any ideas on how I can get a test drive? Nobody has responded to my offer for $20 dollars to try their Fit. I know everybody loves their cars here, but I'm 6'2" and Im concerned about the leg room. Any ideas would be really welcome!

Original message
No dealership around Rochester has Fits to try. I dont want to wait 2 month to test drive one , then another 2 months to get one! I will pony up $20 to anyone in Rochester, NY who can give me a short test drive (think of the extra mileage!) If I cant try one I'll probably have to settle for a Nissan Versa - I can meet anywhere around Monroe County. Thanks!

Last edited by lhurst; 04-15-2007 at 11:25 PM. Reason: No responses
Old 04-16-2007, 08:03 PM
I though John Holtz had a fit to test drive but maybe they sold it. I'll let you sit in my Fit and I'll drive you around it in but I don't let anyone else drive it. You don't want a Nissan Versa My BF is 6'2" and he's comfy in it. E-mail me at Bumblebeeforsale@hotmail.com and we can set something up if you want although it's going to Dick Ide tomorrow night for the airbag recall reprogram for the work to be done wed.

Old 04-17-2007, 08:57 AM
The saga continues ....

Thanks for the offer! I got a line on a used Fit at Hoselton through Craigslist. I'll see if I can get a drive in it tomorrow .... I'll keep you posted.

Last edited by lhurst; 04-17-2007 at 01:06 PM.
Old 04-19-2007, 09:50 AM
Update - got my test drive

I did get a test drive yesterday - a used black sport AT with 6500 miles on it. It was a blast - The Fit is GO for me! I'll post later when I can get away from work. Thanks again for the offers!

Old 04-20-2007, 08:10 AM
Glad you got to go on a test drive, although why anyone would have sold their fit, I don't understand but it worked out for you so you could take a test drive.

Old 04-20-2007, 07:52 PM
Thanks Luna, the saleswoman said the owners wife hurt her back so they traded for a taller car.... At least I will now be able to wait for it to come in with a little piece of mind. I am just trying to decide which color to order now and which dealer to go with ...

Old 04-21-2007, 09:04 AM
Well if it helps, I got my Fit at Dick Ide and they were nice, no pressure sold to me at sticker price didn't try to get me to buy any extras, gave me an awesome trade-in amount on my PT Cruiser and the car came in when they said it would. I didn't like Holtz because they bashed Dick Ide when I was there offered me $2000 less than Dick Ide did for my trade in and the spent the whole time trying to convince me that I could trust them and what they were offering was the best deal. But that's just my two bits about those two dealers.

Old 04-21-2007, 09:30 AM
Originally Posted by lhurst
Does anybody have any ideas on how I can get a test drive? Nobody has responded to my offer for $20 dollars to try their Fit. I know everybody loves their cars here, but I'm 6'2" and Im concerned about the leg room. Any ideas would be really welcome!

Original message
No dealership around Rochester has Fits to try. I dont want to wait 2 month to test drive one , then another 2 months to get one! I will pony up $20 to anyone in Rochester, NY who can give me a short test drive (think of the extra mileage!) If I cant try one I'll probably have to settle for a Nissan Versa - I can meet anywhere around Monroe County. Thanks!
I know you already road tested the Fit, a black Sport AT like mine, I love this car... but I'm curious, why no Honda dealership in Rochester carries a Fit, any Fit, where I live in Toronto ALL Honda dealers have Fits for sale, of course Toronto is way bigger than Rochester, but still not one dealer in Rochester Or maybe the Rochester people not ready for such type of vehicle? Are there any Toyota Matrix, or Ford Focus, same size as the Fit, or smaller than Fit like Mini-Cooper or Toyota Yaris on Rochester streets?
And btw, is the Rochester-Toronto Ferry still running?
If you go for a 5AT Sport all I can tell you, you won't regret the investment, you will love it, especially driving with the paddle shifters and the cruise control... the Sport body is very aggressive, cargo is HUGE, very easy to park, mpg is average (the one advertise by Honda is wrong unless you drive like an WWI vet, God Bless them all, never exceeding 40 mph city or 60 mph hwy)...
Best of luck and drive safely
Chris

Last edited by CB19; 04-21-2007 at 09:32 AM.
Old 04-21-2007, 06:47 PM
The saga continues ....

Thanks for the advice Luna - I'll check it out. I think the reason there are no Fits in Rochester are they just cant keep them on the lot. There are about 4 dealers in the Rochester area but they all have 2 month waiting lists for cars. Toronto may have gotten more because it is more metro (love it!) They may not be selling as well because of the proposed rebate up there, which it misses out on.

The Ferry is no more . It just sold to Germany. We lost 20 million bucks on the deal. At least I got to ride it once - it was FABULOUS! GRRRRRRRR..... you'll just have to drive around the lake again.

Old 04-21-2007, 07:17 PM
Originally Posted by lhurst
Thanks for the advice Luna - I'll check it out. I think the reason there are no Fits in Rochester are they just cant keep them on the lot. There are about 4 dealers in the Rochester area but they all have 2 month waiting lists for cars. Toronto may have gotten more because it is more metro (love it!) They may not be selling as well because of the proposed rebate up there, which it misses out on.

The Ferry is no more . It just sold to Germany. We lost 20 million bucks on the deal. At least I got to ride it once - it was FABULOUS! GRRRRRRRR..... you'll just have to drive around the lake again.
17 GTA Honda dealers/5 mil people, all carry the Fit but no idea how long you have to wait for the 5AT Sport...
So back to Niagara/Buffalo border crossings, what can we do
Chris