General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

AMAZING auto photographer/Siphon cover

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 09:12 PM
in green below VVV (just wanted to mix it up a bit )

Originally Posted by Steeldog
Amen, Fury.
As a fellow photographer, I'm with you on this. Time spent in Photoshop does not equate to being a good photographer.
Who thought that time spent behind a computer makes you a good photographer?

I do think this is a cool shot, but it was less about photography and more about graphic design. It was well-done, unquestionably, but could have been done by a computer geek who didn't own a camera, using stock photos.
Ouch! ^^^ And a sculptor can make due with never touching clay and just putting other objects together. Heck even a computer geek can do that. As compelling as your line may seem to be to you and possibly others, there is no negation in the substance of it.
I'm sure the photographer would agree on this.
I wouldn't put money on that. Not after all the effort that is put in. It sounds incredibly belittling.

Props to him on his Photoshop skills, though. I don't have the patience to be that good in Photoshop.
He definately found a niche that he has become very adept at.

Old 04-24-2008, 11:14 PM
Well, as seeing as I posted my last comment in here way back and I intend that to be my last comment about the whole thing going on here.

This thread is obviously going way off topic to what it was originally intended for.

I have my opinions and I have expressed them and there are many others that have done so as well. If I didn't feel it was a complete waste of time I would have sat here all week ( it was my week off ) and posted and flamed you all to death.

Before this happens ( won't be me posting and flaming ) I think a mod should come to their senses and shut this down and mabey tell those still left in this argument to start up a new thread arguing the difference between graphic design and photography or say enough is enough.

Just what I think is going to happen to this thread and have seen happen to threads like this on many forums.

don't make me say I told you so when it happens.....

Old 04-25-2008, 04:06 AM
hmmm...what color now? hmmm... fine, blue FTW! heehee

Originally Posted by Fitcapo
This thread is obviously going way off topic to what it was originally intended for.
I think this is still on topic. As the thread title reads "AMAZING auto photographer/siphon". We have all mentioned and continue to mention-
*why we like or disslike it
*Is it Amazing?
*what is it constructed of (constituent parts...like maybe techniques or ideas of graphic design)
*This particular photographers work
*Is he a photographer
*And specific techniques
I think those are all ^^^ on topic
Should we just have stuck to "yes it's Amazing" or "no it's not Amazing" ?

I have my opinions and I have expressed them and there are many others that have done so as well. If I didn't feel it was a complete waste of time I would have sat here all week ( it was my week off ) and posted and flamed you all to death.
Thanks for taking the high road. It is much appreciated
As I don't see the point in this "flaming" idea that seems so rampant.

Before this happens ( won't be me posting and flaming ) I think a mod should come to their senses and shut this down and mabey tell those still left in this argument to start up a new thread arguing the difference between graphic design and photography or say enough is enough.
I hope it doesn't come to that, as it would be really sad, it still looks as if everyone here continuing to be civil. And I see no reason why it shouldn't remain that way.
The recent disscusions seem to revolve more around what is photography and what is not in the context of this photographers art. Graphic design is being thrown in to show an alternative to what some might classify it as.

Just what I think is going to happen to this thread and have seen happen to threads like this on many forums.
Again, I just hope we are better than that here, and I believe we can be

don't make me say I told you so when it happens.....
Just don't wish for it and we will be ok, thanks for your concern though.
Actually now that I think of it you won't be able to if it gets locked (PM's aside of course) heehee
hmm... having to justify this post though is a bit off topic
Does it count, even if I am trying to explain how it is on topic?
(runs back inside the Fit... slams the door and ponders things more deeply)

Old 04-25-2008, 05:15 PM
Originally Posted by Snap Fit
hmmm...what color now? hmmm... fine, blue FTW! heehee

hmm... having to justify this post though is a bit off topic
Does it count, even if I am trying to explain how it is on topic?
(runs back inside the Fit... slams the door and ponders things more deeply)
Hahahahahhahah gotcha going off topic!!!! mwuhahahahahahha!!!!!

anywho......

Everybody no matter how civil they are have their breaking point just would hate to see it come to that because some people feel very strongly about their opinion.

Just thought it may be a good idea for someone to keep an eye on this or mabey start a new thread discussing the difference between photography graphic design as is the guy who started this up was giving his props to a photographer not really asking for us to dweel deep into why this should or should not be photography.

This for sure for sure for sure for sure for sure my last post in this thread.

Old 04-25-2008, 05:26 PM
Someone lock this thread before Fitcapo has an aneurysm. lol

Old 04-25-2008, 09:07 PM
5 Year Member
Geez, I didn't mean to sound disparaging. I think the guy's work looks cool! I just meant there's a lot of post-capture work there that makes this shot happen. He started out with a vision of what he wanted, and made it appear. So it's cool. I like it.

And Snap, there was no negation intended in saying it could have been done by a geek. I meant nothing negative whatsoever from word one.

Last edited by Steeldog; 04-25-2008 at 09:15 PM.
Old 04-25-2008, 11:28 PM
Originally Posted by cavie187
Someone lock this thread before Fitcapo has an aneurysm. lol

too late my toes already fell off. ( aneurysm )

Jk... I know what an aneurysm is after all I do work in an E.R. .......

Old 04-25-2008, 11:44 PM
5 Year Member
I didn't think people were still gonna go on about this.

Old 04-25-2008, 11:53 PM
Originally Posted by Steeldog
Geez, I didn't mean to sound disparaging. I think the guy's work looks cool! I just meant there's a lot of post-capture work there that makes this shot happen. He started out with a vision of what he wanted, and made it appear. So it's cool. I like it.

And Snap, there was no negation intended in saying it could have been done by a geek. I meant nothing negative whatsoever from word one.
No worries
I didn't think you were being explicitly negative, I used negation to mean a refutation, or an opposition.

Anywho, I guess this thread indeed has run its course though, just like most threads eventually do (with out getting obsessed )

peace

Old 04-26-2008, 02:12 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JDMchris.com
I remember Steve from BACK in the day. He had such a clean EK! We were both on www.civichatchback.com. his photography has progressed alot. Here is his old site... optikdesign.net
Ah the days of the "Roaring Turtle". I miss CHB, and actually won a T-Shirt from one of their Photography contests back in the day.