General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Intakes: Injen CAI vs. K&N short ram?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 02:07 PM
Intakes: Injen CAI vs. K&N short ram?

Hey Fit Freaks-
Looking for some knowledge from those who may have already deliberated and/or have experience...
I'm a new Fit driver, and looking to make my first mods. Of course, this means looking at the intake, and I've narrowed my options to two - the K&N Type 69 Typhoon (short ram), and the Injen CAI.

Before I go ahead and commit one way or the other, I'd really like to learn about what others' experiences may be.

Does the K&N Typhoon adequately avoid ingesting too much hot air (a concern here in the arid western US summer)?

Does the Injen CAI fit behind the Sport's foglamps without interference?

How much is the increased resonance noted in-cabin?

Any other thoughts, recommendations or advice are most welcome. Glad to be a part of your community, and thanks in advance. -R

Old 05-01-2008, 05:01 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by schnitzerphoto
Hey Fit Freaks-
Looking for some knowledge from those who may have already deliberated and/or have experience...
I'm a new Fit driver, and looking to make my first mods. Of course, this means looking at the intake, and I've narrowed my options to two - the K&N Type 69 Typhoon (short ram), and the Injen CAI.

Before I go ahead and commit one way or the other, I'd really like to learn about what others' experiences may be.

Does the K&N Typhoon adequately avoid ingesting too much hot air (a concern here in the arid western US summer)?

How much is the increased resonance noted in-cabin?

Any other thoughts, recommendations or advice are most welcome. Glad to be a part of your community, and thanks in advance. -R
For your own good, please read the TWO THREADS warning against buying the K&N Short Ram. There are more threads and many more comments, all negative, on the K&N Short Ram. Anything else is better.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...hlight=Typhoon

Old 05-01-2008, 05:31 PM
Originally Posted by manxman
For your own good, please read the TWO THREADS warning against buying the K&N Short Ram. There are more threads and many more comments, all negative, on the K&N Short Ram. Anything else is better.

Great - thanks.
I'll just go with the Injen, and include a hydroshield to mitigate any worry from rain / puddles. I'd like to hear from others who have installed the Injen CAI, and what experience has shown relative to concerns about ingestion of water during routine driving. -R

Old 05-01-2008, 05:45 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by schnitzerphoto
Should fit perfectly, also another vote for avoiding the K&N all together

Mods should move this thread into the appropraite catagory when you have a chance.

Old 05-01-2008, 06:03 PM
Banned
Member Wave destroyed his engine with water through a CAI, but I don't remember if his intake was an Ingen.

Besides, all of the water in the Rockies is on the Western Slope! (jk- I used to live in Grand Junction).