General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.
View Poll Results: Did you have to wait?
Pre-Order and waited
46.48%
Bought off the lot, no waiting
53.52%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

How many of you actually waited for your Fit??

Old 05-29-2008, 04:00 PM
Late this past winter, I phoned a dealer about an hour's drive from here, and they said they had finally managed to get a Sport with manual transmission on order -- something that Vermont dealers have trouble doing, apparently, since we have so few people in our little state. So I swallowed and said: "What color is it?" The salesman replied "Red." I said: "I want to put a deposit on it." After that, I still had to wait about two months for the vehicle to come in. I was wanting red all along, and I'm really glad to have found this one, especially since gas has gone up about a dollar since I started considering a Fit. So far, I'm averaging 40.1 mpg after eight fill-ups. And even though the car is red, I haven't snagged a ticket!

Old 05-29-2008, 05:51 PM
5 Year Member
i guess i was lucky. when i went to the dealership, theyj ust happened to come in the same day.

Old 06-13-2008, 12:06 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

I'm waiting for the guy here in Vermont to call me when he gets a manual Sport Fit one in and I forgot to tell him the color I wanted but that is The Blaze Orange Metallic one and hope they get one soon I live in Barre! Can't wait for the guy to call me!

Old 06-13-2008, 02:00 PM
I picked up my BOM MT this morning. I think it's up to 25 miles now.

Salesman kept joking it wasn't hard to find since it was the only orange car on the lot. Hopefully suv/semi drivers will say the same thing...

Waiting > sucky color

Last edited by hammy; 06-14-2008 at 03:29 PM.
Old 06-14-2008, 04:09 AM
i ordered mine @ the start of may... I test drove an auto base, i knew i wanted the manual sport ( i guess its the hardest to find)... ive been to 6 dealers and have had a 500 dollar deposit down for over a month now and (the sales guy says) should be in next week... hope hes telling the truth

Old 06-14-2008, 05:17 AM
5 Year Member
I drove up to Irvine to get mine. They told me they had it, a Silver Sport AT. Turns out they had a Silver Sport MANUAL! Took them 9 hours to get my damn car, and they had to drive it over from Santa Monica, so I was stuck at the dealership for that long.

Good thing is my saleswoman took me out for sushi, free meal! Bad thing is she was in her late 40's.

Old 02-22-2011, 10:41 PM
5 Year Member
Post Finding the MzFiT

I looked at all the B-classes out there in '08 and thought they were some of the homliest cars I'd ever seen :,( then I saw a Fit advertisment and really liked the gasmilage & looks of the car. After that shopped around though the net for 60-90 days almost bought a purple one but the salesman wanted a 1500 dollar markup. Well gas just hit 4.00 a gallon and he said they were getting that if not more, he said he couldn't keep them on the lot and if I wanted this one to buy it Now! I turn right around got into my 13mpg 2001 Durango and drove off the lot. When I found The BOM it was list w/no markups, paid for it on the spot was @ that dealership for less than an hour & had MzFiT home and redetailing her that day. Love this car!
Still love driving her anywhere.

Last edited by Perrenoud Fit; 02-22-2011 at 10:49 PM.
Old 02-22-2011, 11:08 PM
5 Year Member
I waited 2 1/2 months and turned down a few automatics before one popped up 4 counties and 260mile round trip away on 14 July 2006.... It was the first and only one I had seen for over a year.. It was 2 1/2 years before another one showed up in this county. I knew it would be a lot of fun once the US after market and someone like Oscar Jackson developed a boost system with Hondata tuning for it.

Last edited by Texas Coyote; 02-23-2011 at 12:38 AM.
Old 02-22-2011, 11:40 PM
We went to the dealership to look at the CRV. Saw the Fit, drove the Fit and bouht it that day.

Old 02-22-2011, 11:48 PM
i was just online quoting one for shits and giggle. 2 days later i was waiting for them to find a 5 speed taffeta white =S. 3 weeks later it was sitting in my garage. 5 days later OE catback fell out of my prelude. GLAD I NOW HAVE 2 CARS! lol. note to self. i should probably get that fix.

Old 02-23-2011, 09:05 AM
Originally Posted by whaap
We went to the dealership to look at the CRV. Saw the Fit, drove the Fit and bouht it that day.
when I bought my first Fit, I went to the dealership to look at the Element. I was driving a 17mpg Ranger at the time and wanted versatility and good mpgs. When I drove the element I didn't like how it felt more sluggish than my truck, and took a Milano Fit for a test drive. Needless to say I fell in love with how it drove and the versatility it provided right off the bat.

after a few days of negotiating, I left with my old '09 ORM Sport. Now my wife and I both own '10 Fit Sport A/Ts

Old 02-23-2011, 02:14 PM
5 Year Member
I only waited six hours, how should I answer? It wasnt on the lot, but at another one in San Diego owned by the same company.

Old 02-23-2011, 02:48 PM
5 Year Member
How Long A Wait....

After seeing the new (to U.S.) Fit in a magazine, I decided I wanted to test 'Fit" it, having nixed the 6 spd Accord & Civic Si because of cost/premium fuel use only. I went from May-November '06, attempting to find one to no avail, as they were selling as fast as they came in. I spent a lot of time on the Honda interactive Fit website!! My work involves travel and I would stop at every Honda dealership. I finally found one in Savannah, Ga that had been ordered, but the salesman let me sit in it, and I was hooked. I contacted my credit union car sales rep, and arranged a test drive in Gainesville, Ga. I specifically wanted a VBP 5MT, but the salesman said that if I was willing to settle for any color/transmission, I could have the next one (Black) in. As this was my first new car purchase, I told him that I was NOT willing to "settle", and that I would wait for as long as it took. They emailed Honda of North America and ordered one VBP 5MT out of the dealer allotment for the southeast region of the U.S. and had it shipped to Atlanta. They delivered it to my credit union and I took delivery on 12 March 2007.
'07 VBP Sport 5MT w/ minor appearance & comfort mods!!

Old 02-24-2011, 02:39 PM
5 Year Member
I decided I wanted a Fit after the drummer in our band bought one back in '07. In March '09, I was ready to buy, but fully expected a long wait for a Fit Sport MT, as I'd heard they were scarce.

I went to my local Honda dealer and looked through the 8-10 Fit Sports on the lot-all autos. the salesman came out and asked if he could help me. I asked if they had any Sport MTs. He said they had one in the showroom. I looked, and it was an Orange '09 Fit Sport MT-even the color I wanted! I bought it on the spot.