General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Hey! Buy a domestic!

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2020, 11:43 AM
I owned GM made products for years, whether they were Saturns of Chevys. I purchased an 08 Cobalt with like 10 miles new from the dealership. Did the regular maintenance on it and at about 100,000 miles the car had a computer problem relating to the engine. I took it to the dealership and they fixed it but they couldn't tell me why it happened or explained to me how it happened. I was never impressed with the fit and finish of the car prior to getting that fixed it was a reliable car that was inexpensive to maintain.

Long story short, I've had two kids in the past 7 years and needed something with four doors. I sold the Cobalt to Carmax and bought a 2008 Corolla which had 218k miles on it and ran great. I wanted something nicer and always wanted a Fit so we made the switch over to Honda last month. My wife drives a 17 Toyota RAV-4.

Previous to owning two imports I really didn't know the difference but there is a huge difference in everything about American-made cars and imports. Would I still prefer to own two cars made by American companies and by American workers, yes I would. But unless you're going to spend more than $40k on an American car the reliability and fit and finish is not there for me. And sometimes when you spend a ton of money and buy something from Ford or GM the quality is still not there.