General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Nobody get crazy yet.

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 10:55 PM
I'm not going to go crazy until gas hits $2.50 per gallon. I'm driving less than 150 miles a week, so I don't bother buying anymore than $25 worth of gas...Why? well put it this way.

One thing to think about is... refineries won't stop refining gasoline and inventory count is taken every week. So if people who drive less don't fill up their tanks per week, they make the refineries store the extra gasoline. And when the gas companies have too much in storage, either the price of gas goes down or they scale back on production. But if they're caught scaling back on production at a time like this, they're going to get an earfull from congress and everybody else.

So, if oil companies refine faster than the rate of people using gasoline, there'll be much more gasoline in storage, which they'll try to get rid of by lowering prices. But if they scale back, the price of gasoline will remain the same, but they will use less oil, driving the price of oil down slightly.

LOOKS LIKE CONSERVATION IS A WIN WIN SITUATION. LOL

Old 08-03-2008, 11:39 PM
5 Year Member
you're not alone, i'd love to see $5.00/gallon for the same reason as well

in a perfect automotive world, NA would also get kei cars

Originally Posted by vtec just kicked in yo
Personally I like $4+ a gallon gas.

If that is the price I need to pay to start getting big SUV's off the road and more quality small, high MPG cars in American showrooms then I am OK with that. A return to $3/gal or lower will just mean more idiots in Tahoes and Escalades taking up my rear view mirror and destroying the planet.

I am happy to pay the "kill the fullsize truck in america" surcharge thank you very much. I hope it goes to $5/gal.

Old 08-04-2008, 12:29 AM
Originally Posted by vtec just kicked in yo
Personally I like $4+ a gallon gas.

If that is the price I need to pay to start getting big SUV's off the road and more quality small, high MPG cars in American showrooms then I am OK with that. A return to $3/gal or lower will just mean more idiots in Tahoes and Escalades taking up my rear view mirror and destroying the planet.

I am happy to pay the "kill the fullsize truck in america" surcharge thank you very much. I hope it goes to $5/gal.
Algore, is that you?

Here's what Bugs thinks of your idea!