General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Any real issues to be aware of?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 03:01 PM
Any real issues to be aware of?

Hey all, looking to replace my DD with a 2008 Fit 5MT. This will be my mileage hog, and I just am looking to get something better that my '99 Cavalier. My Cav had been rock solid reliable, and I know Honda has a great reputation for making reliable cars. But everything has little quirks, and I just want to know what they are for this car.

Thanks,
Fury

Old 08-03-2008, 03:44 PM
some issues

Some people think it's too slow especially the automatic. Others think the gas mileage should be better. Typically the manual does better in the city and the auto on the highway but, in my opinion, both will do OK if the driver's technique is good. I'd say that the paint IS quite fragile and the carpet is very thin. All things considered the car is a wonderful people and stuff hauler. Every car has some issues if that critical light is turned up bright enough. The Fit has less flaws than most.

Old 08-03-2008, 03:53 PM
5 Year Member
if reliability is what you are looking for, you'll get it. i have not had any 'real' problems. the only i have encountered was my electronic power steering having a hiccup, and it went away after i turned off the car.

this was after 11 1/2 months, and with a fresh 30k on the clock.

Old 08-03-2008, 04:10 PM
5 Year Member
The only issues ppl dont like about the fit...

-No Map Light
-No Passenger Visor Mirror
-No Center Console
-No Lumbar support on Seats
-Cheap carpet
-No power when A/C is on (thats a given)

..thats all i can think of...

oh and if you get Silver Metallic, prepared to be turded on.. by birds, i mean.

Last edited by rawrItsJello; 08-03-2008 at 04:15 PM.
Old 08-03-2008, 04:24 PM
Originally Posted by rawrItsJello
The only issues ppl dont like about the fit...

-No Map Light
-No Passenger Visor Mirror
-No Center Console
-No Lumbar support on Seats
-Cheap carpet
-No power when A/C is on (thats a given)

..thats all i can think of...

oh and if you get Silver Metallic, prepared to be turded on.. by birds, i mean.
What is the interior like? I understand that we aren't talking about a BMW, but how is the overall setup? I see that the Sport has the aux jack for my Ipod, where do you put it?

Old 08-03-2008, 04:30 PM
5 Year Member
its a simple interior. The seat hugs the bum quite well IMO. The seat itself only will tilt back and forward on the upper side.. and the seat itself move closer or farther away. I forgot that the fit doesnt have telescopic adjustable steering wheel.

The sport has the auxillary jack next to the cigarette lighter thing in the cup holder section under the stereo head unit.. i forgot what you call that adapter port...

Last edited by rawrItsJello; 08-03-2008 at 04:32 PM.
Old 08-03-2008, 04:37 PM
nice

Originally Posted by Renesisfury
What is the interior like? I understand that we aren't talking about a BMW.
People may argue with me but, I believe, IF BMW made a true "econobox" it would be like the fit. In short the interior is well thought out and NICE. The magic seats are truly miraculous as well.

Old 08-03-2008, 05:51 PM
5 Year Member
no real issues with the fit... as said its not a "luxury" inerior, but the seats are comfy nd the steering wheel isnt cheap. i have a MT and with the addition of a scanguage i am seeing low-mid 40's for MPG, its not a fast car but it feels quick (like a big go-kart), and because of the quick steering you can pretty much out manuver anyone... take one for a test drive, you will see, for the price you cant beat it, most cars slightly more than the Fit dont even compare, and yes, it beats the hell out of a civic.... several members here have traded in their Si's for Fits... and reliability, it a honda, gas and oil when needed and your good, we also have a metal link timing belt.... no need to replace ever !

Old 08-03-2008, 09:16 PM
How roomy is the interior? I am about 6'2" and would like to be able to tote my greyhound as well. Do the rear seats fold down?

Old 08-03-2008, 10:37 PM
5 Year Member
yes the fold down... you can even fold the seats so u can store something from the windsheild to the hatch.... the fit looks a lot bigger on the inside!

Old 08-03-2008, 10:47 PM
5 Year Member
Biggest problem I had with mine was when you reach 15,000 miles the car stops and quizes you on Fuedal Japanese History. I failed it and had to get the car towed .

Old 08-03-2008, 11:39 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Renesisfury
How roomy is the interior? I am about 6'2" and would like to be able to tote my greyhound as well. Do the rear seats fold down?
I'm about 6'1 and it is roomy enough for a small car. A little more legroom would be nice, but its not bad enough to really complain about it.

With the rear magic seats in the UP position, that greyhound should fit no problem.

Old 08-04-2008, 01:52 AM
My biggest complaint about the Fit is that it's so damn and badass. :[

Screw you, Honda.

The interior of the Fit is very nice, the person up there that said it's hella cheapish is buggin'.

Old 08-05-2008, 07:50 PM
5 Year Member
yeah i'm 6'2" as well and I am perfectly comfortable. the bucket seats aren't bad at all and do a great job of holding you in place. the fabric attracts lint and pet hair so a lint brush is a must. the dashboard is well thought out and is comfortable for every day use. tall mode would be great for your dog too in the back. power is adequate for what you would expect since it is a 4 cyl. economy car. i can't complain about it, it isn't hard to get the car to 75 on the interstate on ramp. if you push it on the highway the car and handle 100mph pretty well. as far as 4 cyl. engines go this thing sounds surprisingly nice in my opinion. another thing that i love is that most of the time i don't need to down shift on hills, there is usually enough low end torque to maintain my speed. its just awesome because i'm the one passing people while everyone is slowing down and reving up. on the back roads is where it shines. the handling is great! my car beats out the new ford focus that my father just bought. gas mileage is very consistent for me. my commute is 80 miles round trip to and from work purely on the highway. i average 70-75 mph, 80 mph to pass cars, and i get on average between 35-37 mpg, and if i feel like seeing how good i can do on mpgs i will drive 60-65mph and get in the low 40s mpg.

as far as fitting stuff and the roomyness of the interior you need to actually be inside to appreciate it, i've already had a 50" flat screen tv and tv stand in the car plus myself and another passenger. i've seen people fit all kinds of things into this car, like 16 bags of landscaping mulch, quite a number of 2x4x8 lumber, furniture.. it's quite versatile

i don't like the lack of a center console (i just bought one for $350 because i got sick of not having one) the air conditioning is weak but that can be helped a lot with tint, i felt the operation of the foglights was annoying but not an issue if you get the base, the paint is nice but it is thin, so you might want to keep it waxed and not use a car wash pressure washer (at full pressure) on the front of the car so you just have to keep 6-8 feet away to be safe. i don't have too many complaints, i didn't feel that these things were a deal breaker

Last edited by Fat Ping Cat; 08-05-2008 at 08:09 PM.
Old 08-05-2008, 08:05 PM
5 Year Member
if there were any REAL issues with the Fit, I'm sure it wouldn't be an issue, since a TB would have been noticed and fixed. If you're just asking for quirks, plenty of them, like any car.

Old 08-05-2008, 10:04 PM
Originally Posted by Arisenfury
Biggest problem I had with mine was when you reach 15,000 miles the car stops and quizes you on Fuedal Japanese History. I failed it and had to get the car towed .
Damn! And here I thought I was the only one who had trouble with the 15K Fuedal Japanese Quiz. I can never keep all the damn dynastys straight, and that question about Commodore Perry just screwed me all up....

Old 08-06-2008, 07:35 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by grtpumpkin
Damn! And here I thought I was the only one who had trouble with the 15K Fuedal Japanese Quiz. I can never keep all the damn dynastys straight, and that question about Commodore Perry just screwed me all up....
I'm Chinese so instead of quizzing me, it just stabs me

Old 08-06-2008, 09:15 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by coupdetat
I'm Chinese so instead of quizzing me, it just stabs me
rofl...................