General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Switching Performance From Asphalt To Water On Hondas

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 06:12 PM
Switching Performance From Asphalt To Water On Hondas

Instead of wasting my cash on performance on the highways I have decided to put my speed and HP on water! I now own 2 Honda Jet Skis, the F12X and F15X which is Hondas newest, most powerful jet ski at 200 ponies. When you think of 200HP in that 800 pound ski you realize how fast the damn thing is.
I used to look for performance on asphalt, nowadays I save it for the Florida Waters and save the cash driving the FIT! Only negative is I need my Toyota 4 banger Tacoma to pull the skis!
I remember when Honda sold only small scooters and motorcycles in the US and were considered a joke, boy how things have changed.

Old 08-03-2008, 07:30 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
man, that's a lot of power!!!

Old 08-03-2008, 08:06 PM
Where are the pics?

Old 08-03-2008, 08:38 PM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
yeah i'm in for some pics
that must be so fun to have double the horsepower of your car, ON A JET SKI!

Old 08-05-2008, 11:34 PM
So you have any pics?

Old 08-06-2008, 12:28 AM
5 Year Member
Can't tow a single jet ski with the fit?

I had thought of the towing of the car, thought I could tow one at some point in life.

Old 08-06-2008, 06:01 AM
5 Year Member
Old ads

Originally Posted by SlavetotheHonda
Instead of wasting my cash on performance on the highways I have decided to put my speed and HP on water! I now own 2 Honda Jet Skis, the F12X and F15X which is Hondas newest, most powerful jet ski at 200 ponies. When you think of 200HP in that 800 pound ski you realize how fast the damn thing is.
I used to look for performance on asphalt, nowadays I save it for the Florida Waters and save the cash driving the FIT! Only negative is I need my Toyota 4 banger Tacoma to pull the skis!
I remember when Honda sold only small scooters and motorcycles in the US and were considered a joke, boy how things have changed.
So do you remember when Honda's slogan was, "You meet the nicest people on a Honda"? And the magazine ads had these young people of the Doris Day - Sandra Dee ilk, smiling and sitting on their 50cc step-throughs? Meee tooooo.

Old 08-06-2008, 06:24 AM
They Still Make The Same 50 CC Engine

For over 40 years now. They certainly appear to be exactly the same as in the 1960's. They are sold by the tens of thousands throughout Asia and are as dependable today as in the 1960's.
I have owned ALOT of high performance cars and nowadays I will only go to two dealers: Honda or Toyota. Anything the US puts out is an absolute joke.
Frankly I cannot understand how an organization the size of GM can be so stupid. They continue to build inferior products that are always 5 years behind what the consumer wants.
Example: New Camaro, Who the Hell is gonna buy this type of car when the facts clearly show that gasoline will continue to rise over the coming years. China has become a powerhouse and is beginning to require the same amounts of petroleum as the US as is India. This is not rocket science GM and Ford.

Old 08-06-2008, 02:28 PM
...Example: New Camaro, Who the Hell is gonna buy this type of car when the facts clearly show that gasoline will continue to rise over the coming years.
Just wait and see how many people will buy one... you might be surprised. Not everybody in America is living paycheck to paycheck.

And as for your braggadocios post about your water toys, I bet you're "thanking God" that you bought the base model, otherwise you might be "screwed"!

Old 08-06-2008, 02:41 PM
GM Sure Is Doing A Hell Of A Job and The Camaro Will Be A Huge Winner!

Thats why Toyota is blowing away an organization that have multiple brands under it's umbrella. Anything GM touches they ruin. Saab used to be a quality, first rate car. GM has destroyed it. The Hummer is another GM "classic" or the numerous monster Tahoes, Pickups, SUV's, etc. that they continue to roll out. Wonder why BANKRUPTCY has been discussed???????? I see no European or Japanese car companies failing like Ford and GM. Face it, they produce cars that are 5-7 years behind the times. Sure some HILLBILLY will buy the Camaro but that does not change facts. BANKRUPTCY is not something to be proud of.

Old 08-06-2008, 02:43 PM
Administrator
5 Year Member
i thought you had bought this on 7/18/08 as quoted below.

I just bought the F15X with the 200 HP engine.
the f12x only has 165hp

and why is this in "Fit Talk" should be in "Off Topic"

Old 08-06-2008, 03:34 PM
Originally Posted by gimme
i thought you had bought this on 7/18/08..
That's right, isn't it from the "I should have bought a Sport" thread?

Anyway, further off-topic is that the Sea-Doo RXT-X has 255hp and does 0-50 in 2.9 secs. Damn!

Old 08-06-2008, 03:46 PM
Thats why Toyota is blowing away an organization that have multiple brands under it's umbrella. Anything GM touches they ruin. Saab used to be a quality, first rate car. GM has destroyed it. The Hummer is another GM "classic" or the numerous monster Tahoes, Pickups, SUV's, etc. that they continue to roll out. Wonder why BANKRUPTCY has been discussed???????? I see no European or Japanese car companies failing like Ford and GM. Face it, they produce cars that are 5-7 years behind the times. Sure some HILLBILLY will buy the Camaro but that does not change facts. BANKRUPTCY is not something to be proud of.
Do you just type away and not think about what you are writing? You say GM ruins everything it touches, give the example of Saab, which is a weak point at best, and then go on blathering about Hummer being a classic. What did GM do to ruin Hummer? All they did was buy the rights to the name, and slap it on a 100% GM design... which was wildly popular in case you don't recall. AM General still makes the original, albeit only for the military these days. Was Saab really ever that great of a car to begin with? There were never too many on American roads before the GM takeover, which tells me they weren't much of a car then either. It was a niche vehicle at best.
You seem to be holding the current fuel situation against GM and Ford only. Are you aware that Toyota has recently pared down their large truck production by 60,000 vehicles for 2008? Did you know that the plant currently under construction in Mississippi that Toyota had planned to produce Highlander SUVs at is now going to build the Prius? GM and Ford made a killing in the 90s by selling what was popular- full-size trucks and SUVs. Now that gas is between $3-$4, they are having to switch gears and of course that is going to cause financial trouble. Honda and Toyota only needed to decrease production on one vehicle type, and increase it on another, while GM and Ford have to develop new vehicles from the ground up. Sure, one could say that they had all their eggs in one basket, and that's a prime example of poor management, but their recent financial woes are most certainly not due to poor quality vehicles.

Pick up a magazine or newspaper once in a while if you want to correspond intelligently on any given subject. By simply stating that GM/Ford sucks, and then giving no support to your claim, you only succeed in making yourself look foolish. You seem to be good at doing that as evidenced by your thread that I linked to above.

And as for your Hillbilly remark, all I got to say 'bout that is- Shucks Jethro, I sho caint wait fo the new Camaro to come out. Ima gonna jack mine up real high in the back and put some Cragar SS wheels on 'er. Maybe paint flames on it too!

Old 08-06-2008, 06:40 PM
So in your opinion GM is doing a good job?
Please let me know your thoughts as I would like to comprehend why this would be the case when the government is considering bailing out the company.
BTW: I bought a Ford Mustang, the new model when they first came out. First US car in 20 years. Broke down at exactly 46 miles. I never had a Japanese car break on me, not once.
The F15X has 199 HP and Honda rates their marine engines quite conservatively.
If you have stock in GM then I can understand your opinion, if not I simply cannot grasp why anyone would possibly be able to say that GM is doing a good job without laughing. Poor design, poor management, poor quality control all factor into what you end up with when you purchase a US car. Granted they have come a long way from the late 70's and 80's where the cars would actually fall apart but they simply have not been able to duplicate the ability the Japanese have for designing factories and the robotics necessary to build a car that does not start rattling at 30K.
As for the OP riding an F15X is one Hell of an experience. I personally don't have the guts to hit 70 MPH on water. But the ski is far more than speed. Build quality is second to none and handling and comfort is first rate. It is the perfect blend of performance and comfort. Truly one of the top Jet Ski's on the market today and also one of the best in terms of fuel consumption.

Old 08-06-2008, 07:33 PM
So in your opinion GM is doing a good job?
Okay, one more time for the slow kids in the class.

You claimed that GM builds inferior products, and then gave the new Camaro as an example. I then stated that GMs problems are not due to the quality of their vehicles, but rather the end of the SUV era which was brought on by the price of fuel. Yes, GM management dropped the ball in having all their eggs in the SUV basket, but that has nothing to do with the quality of their vehicles. It was company mismanagement in the areas of product development, labor negotiations, and a few others that have GM in a bind right now. As for your example of the Mustang you bought, well, that happens with any make of car from time to time. If you were to ask me is the quality better in a Toyota or Honda than it is in a Ford or Chevy, I'd say yes, I believe it is. Does that mean that a Ford or a Chevy is a poor quality car? Not at all. That would be analogous to saying that Honda's and Toyota's quality sucks because Mercedes Benze and BMW build better cars.

Before I forget, do you suppose you could show me where you came up with the information regarding the inferior quality of the new Camaro? The production model has only just recently been introduced to the press, and everything I've read about it so far has been pretty positive.

Old 08-06-2008, 09:52 PM
BTW: I bought a Ford Mustang, the new model when they first came out.
And you are trying to teach us about saving money by buying a base instead of the Sport you wanted and by not "wasting my cash on performance on the highways" by buying a PWC that costs as much as a Fit?

Thanks for the financial info.

Old 08-07-2008, 11:16 AM
Administrator
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mdm427
If you were to ask me is the quality better in a Toyota or Honda than it is in a Ford or Chevy, I'd say yes, I believe it is. Does that mean that a Ford or a Chevy is a poor quality car? Not at all.
i think that is a very accurate opinion.

question for the OP....do you only post here just to stir the pot? just wondering because you seem to start some doozies and end them with rediculous comments. It's seems all you are doing is trying to get a rise out of people.

Old 08-07-2008, 11:23 AM
5 Year Member
Sport or Base?

I know everyone has read the "Glad I got a Base" thread.
Here's my take, in the wrong thread, but fcuk it.

Personally, I like the looks of the base Fit. The lines are very clean. However, the differences in accessories, keyless, stereo, etc. were enough to make me buy the Sport. Glad I did. But if it didn't have all the extra plastic, I would like it just as much.