General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

When's the latest I can wait to buy an '08?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 05:07 PM
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
To anyone who is going to want an '08 and not an '09 - You'd better try to get one now, in any color. Every time I find one on-line and then call the dealer, it's already been sold! It's getting rather pathetic at this point. I even decided I could deal with VBP but I can't even find a Sport AT now!! I'd curse but I'm trying to break that habit.

Pretty soon, it might be sayonara for me!

And I would remain Forever Fitless...

(cries)

Old 08-15-2008, 08:08 PM
Old 08-15-2008, 09:28 PM
ill find one in late september, and, in the color i want too. watch. i am predicting a VBP sp auto in late sep. ill show you the paperwork to prove it. youre all crazy. fits can easily be found in so. cali.

Old 08-15-2008, 10:05 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by redhatyellow2
ill find one in late september, and, in the color i want too. watch. i am predicting a VBP sp auto in late sep. ill show you the paperwork to prove it. youre all crazy. fits can easily be found in so. cali.

OK, I'll be interested to see what you come up with! Are you saying a NEW '08 Fit? Do you want auto or manual? There are about 2:1 manuals from what I can see, and about 4:1 base to sport.

Old 08-15-2008, 10:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BobbyK
Thanks, but I see only 2 Sports and both are MT. I need an AT b/c I live in a huge, insane city fully of traffic and lights.

Old 08-15-2008, 11:04 PM
Originally Posted by Juliane
OK, I'll be interested to see what you come up with! Are you saying a NEW '08 Fit? Do you want auto or manual? There are about 2:1 manuals from what I can see, and about 4:1 base to sport.
yep, a NEW one. auto.

watch and see.

Old 08-15-2008, 11:48 PM
5 Year Member
yep, a NEW one. auto.

watch and see.
OK, Cool guy, can you get me a blackberry pearl Sport AT? With tinted windows at no extra charge?? LOL.

Seriously, if you have a secret source, or some trick, let me know b/c I need some hope here.

Old 08-16-2008, 10:01 AM
Went back to the dealership where I got my FIT on Thursday and they had none, and said there weren't scheduled to get any in for a while. Apparently the three that were there when I got mine went out the door quickly!

Old 08-16-2008, 10:48 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by misfit83
Went back to the dealership where I got my FIT on Thursday and they had none, and said there weren't scheduled to get any in for a while. Apparently the three that were there when I got mine went out the door quickly!
Yeah, and they won't get any 2008s now at all. There won't be any more made or shipped, so whatever is left "out there" is all there is to choose from. Every time I call on one I see on the internet, it's already been sold, except one in St. Louis that has 1K miles on it and will run me 18K with shipping and 19K+ with TTL. I'm afraid I don't want one THAT badly!!

Old 08-16-2008, 07:03 PM
I was just able to pick one up on 08/13/08 at Desert Honda in Las Vegas. I checked the 3 other valley dealerships and each one was out. From there only one dealership was able to give me any info on an 09 Fit. I snagged the only blue Fit left. They did have a red one and the purple left and both were MT.

Old 08-16-2008, 09:45 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by RockManX
I was just able to pick one up on 08/13/08 at Desert Honda in Las Vegas. I checked the 3 other valley dealerships and each one was out. From there only one dealership was able to give me any info on an 09 Fit. I snagged the only blue Fit left. They did have a red one and the purple left and both were MT.

Congratulations! Did you get an MT then? And is yours a Sport? I think BBP only comes in the Sport edition, or am I wrong? I'm jealous....

I'm afraid I'm going to be...forever Fitless...

Old 08-17-2008, 07:44 AM
according to my vin number, the one I picked up last week that had just recently arrived at the dealer was a production number just shy of 56,000 so if they are only producing 60,000 for 08' in U.S. there should be 3 to 4 thousand new ones out there.

Old 08-17-2008, 09:51 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by familyfit
according to my vin number, the one I picked up last week that had just recently arrived at the dealer was a production number just shy of 56,000 so if they are only producing 60,000 for 08' in U.S. there should be 3 to 4 thousand new ones out there.
I'd like to know where they are! I sure haven't found that many, at least from searching the internet. Now, if they are all over hell and gone, and not listed on the net, I'm not going to find them at all, so it's like a needle in a haystack. Too frustrating for me, and takes too much time. I'll go a little ways out of my way, say 200-300 miles, but to spend day after day after day searching and finding nada...well...my time is worth something too.

Old 08-17-2008, 06:44 PM
call Richards honda in Baton Rouge LA and ask for Ricky Tullier or just go on their website and request what you want!

Old 08-18-2008, 11:16 AM
I wouldn't wait any longer than you absolutely have too. I bought my '08 last week and contacted 6 dealers before I found the color and model I wanted. I got a Milano Red Sport with MT and the dealer only had one other Sport with MT (Blue) to choose from.

Most of the dealers I contacted only had a few if any in stock to choose from and it gets really difficult if your heart is set on a specific color or transmission.

Good luck!!

Old 08-18-2008, 11:32 AM
3 Fits in stock - 08/18/2008

I bought my 2008 Fit Sport in NHB from Gillman Honda Houston. Love the car so far with about 3200 miles.

See new inventory at
Gillman Acura, Honda, Nissan, Mitsubishi, Pontiac, Chevrolet, Subaru, Pontiac, GMC, Houstin, San Antonio, Fort Bend, San Benito, Austin, Harlingen TX

The 09's are coming soon but I happy with my 08

Old 08-18-2008, 12:50 PM
OK, Cool guy, can you get me a blackberry pearl Sport AT? With tinted windows at no extra charge?? LOL.

Seriously, if you have a secret source, or some trick, let me know b/c I need some hope here.

hmm. maybe. nothing's free however. what will you give me in return? are you hot?

Old 08-18-2008, 03:49 PM
5 Year Member
I don't know but I am married - be 20 years in May of 09, so I'm probably old enuff to be yo mama...

Help! I've spent all afternoon calling all over the US! I can't even find a VBP Sport AT now! Let alone a BBP Sport AT. I'm just about ready to give up on this quest and just go freakin' buy a Matrix. At least I can pick which one I want out of current inventory. Sorry Honda...I want to cry. It really is the best car of its class and I wish I'd realized that sooner. Just one month would have made a difference, but the month went by and now I'm...fitless in Houston.

Old 08-18-2008, 04:56 PM
5 Year Member
If the '09 models are coming out in October, will I still be able to find '08 Fits in October? I don't have the money now to buy an '08 and definitely don't want an '09. Also, I think I'll be able to make a deal if I wait closer to the 09's release.

Thanks.
You can expect to see 08's on the lot til they sell off. That can be anytime. My advice is when you see only one left like you want its time to buy. 09's on hand will not change the value of 08's. In fact enhanced prices on 09's may make the 08 more attractive to others besides yourself. Thinking you'll get a better deal is wistful thinking.
According to AN there are only 4000 Fits in the whole US not sold. And the majority of them are in CA and the left coast..

Old 08-18-2008, 09:31 PM
I don't know but I am married - be 20 years in May of 09, so I'm probably old enuff to be yo mama...

Help! I've spent all afternoon calling all over the US! I can't even find a VBP Sport AT now!.
I know it's from one end of the state to the other, but Southwest Honda in Amarillo shows 6 Fits on their site. This is where ours came from in July, our dealer made a swap with them. Of course they are probably behind on the updating, but you never know.

They do have a VBP Sport auto --

Honda | New and Used Honda Dealership | Amarillo | Lubbock | Canyon | Hereford | Pampa | Texas | Southwest Honda

I feel for you ... it took us 2 weeks to find ours, purchased July 4. There were a few around but we only wanted either BBP or VBP, and we are glad we didn't settle. Luckily a dealer 2 hours from us picked up our car from way up there in Amarillo --we are in west-central Tx.

Yours is out there, don't buy a Matrix! Don't give up. Every Honda I've bought had to come from halfway across the state, it's just normal for me. Our dealer here can't be bothered to sell small Hondas.

nancy

Last edited by TexFit; 08-18-2008 at 10:01 PM. Reason: additional info

Quick Reply: When's the latest I can wait to buy an '08?