General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

When's the latest I can wait to buy an '08?

Old 08-12-2008, 12:46 PM
Question When's the latest I can wait to buy an '08?

If the '09 models are coming out in October, will I still be able to find '08 Fits in October? I don't have the money now to buy an '08 and definitely don't want an '09. Also, I think I'll be able to make a deal if I wait closer to the 09's release.

Thanks.

Old 08-12-2008, 01:02 PM
5 Year Member
From what I've seen in the Dallas area, they are scarce, and the ones coming in are already sold. Where in Louisiana are you? I bought my '07 at Royal Honda in Metarie. They had some there when there were none up here in Dallas.

Old 08-12-2008, 01:03 PM
Originally Posted by redhatyellow2
If the '09 models are coming out in October, will I still be able to find '08 Fits in October? I don't have the money now to buy an '08 and definitely don't want an '09. Also, I think I'll be able to make a deal if I wait closer to the 09's release.

Thanks.
Sorry, but there is no way to get a definitive answer on this. Current Fits are already in short supply and that will rapidly decrease the closer we get to October. However there will certainly be at least some 08s left over somewhere around the country after October.

This is all imo, but hope it helps!

Old 08-12-2008, 01:05 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
depends. They have already stopped producing 08s. Hopefully there will still be some when you want one.

Old 08-12-2008, 01:18 PM
5 Year Member
In the dealership where I work there's only one unsold Fit left on the lot - alle the others are sold and the ones coming in have a deposit on them and are as good as sold.
You better hurry when you wanna get one

Old 08-12-2008, 04:41 PM
I was in the same boat as you and acted QUICKLY. I purchased mine last Friday. Woot!

Old 08-12-2008, 09:10 PM
I'm in Los Angeles so I have tons of dealerships to choose from.

Old 08-12-2008, 10:19 PM
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
They are scattered now. You might have to get one from another state, and in October? Likely to be very few left. If you have any color preference, you are probably going to be out of luck, unless it's orange. The Sport AT are the ones that are the hardest to find - there are still many Basics around the country if you don't mind shipping or going to get it. Some are higher than MSRP, some right on MSRP, none I found that were lower. Good luck, I hate the '09s too! I just have to finally make up my mind that this IS the right car for me...I thought I had done that but hmmmmm....it's not 100% certain.

Old 08-13-2008, 05:22 AM
Picked One Up At $889.00 Under Invoice 2 Weeks ago.

Dealers gotta move remaining inventory for 09's and will take a loss.

Old 08-13-2008, 07:35 AM
5 Year Member
Slave, you were very lucky then..at times we had a 6 week waiting list on the Fits and everything was sold before it hit the lot! But I'm sure this also depends on the area you live in.

Old 08-13-2008, 10:24 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SlavetotheHonda
Dealers gotta move remaining inventory for 09's and will take a loss.
Congratulations! You done good! I do wonder if most folks are now waiting for the '09's and the run on '08 Fits is over....I know I found several at MSRP around Texas, of course it would mean driving to go get it and driving back...but if I want the car I have to do it...Still on the fence about the darn car! I'm a nutcase.

Old 08-13-2008, 02:07 PM
We bought ours last week. We wanted the blue color Sport but a search in the 5 surrounding states didn't turn any up. We went with the second choice Milano Red. The dealer was willing to search further out but the cost of transport was going to be on us. Bottom line is if you want one in a particular color it may be too late.

Old 08-13-2008, 02:14 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by redhatyellow2
I'm in Los Angeles so I have tons of dealerships to choose from.

It doesnt matter. Fits are getting more and more scarce everyday. Im sure there might be some available, but will it be the one you want? Honda hasnt been producing 08s for about a month now... so the number will only shrink everyday.

also 889 under invoice is unlikely unless they made back end or UA'd a trade.

Old 08-13-2008, 02:20 PM
tin
5 Year Member
I vote buy it now and have a "classic" Fit.

Old 08-13-2008, 03:09 PM
Originally Posted by Juliane
.I know I found several at MSRP around Texas, of course it would mean driving to go get it and driving back...but if I want the car I have to do it...Still on the fence about the darn car! I'm a nutcase.
Sorry to hear you can't find one. We had not planned to buy one quite so soon last month, thought we'd wait and "get a deal" in September or so. When we realized the situation, we acted quickly and luckily got the VBP we wanted, but a dealer had to go get it, no extra charges.

We did scout around and I still get emails from dealers, so you might check San Antonio. Fernandez or Gunn Honda had a VBP sport the last I saw, and Howdy Honda in Austin had some coming in this month, probably any day now. There's also... Benson? Honda in San ANtonio?

We had to drive a couple of hours to pick ours up, but it was worth it. Our only other choices were black ones (this is west texas, I can't deal with another dusty black car all the time) or the Tidewater, which my husband refused to drive. Pretty, but a little delicate for him and too close to the silver of other cars we've owned and are tired of looking at.

Get a classic Fit, you'll be glad. I don't like the new one, either. Husband sort of does, but I don't care for the longer nose, it looks like a Prius to me, or almost a little van.

Get off the fence! JD Power insists, again, that you get a Fit! Get a 2008! Check San Antonio!
(do you need me to show you what a Fit with deployed airbags looks like? you'll RACE to get one, whatever color....)

njo/TexFit

Last edited by TexFit; 08-13-2008 at 03:12 PM.
Old 08-14-2008, 10:33 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TexFit
Sorry to hear you can't find one. We had not planned to buy one quite so soon last month, thought we'd wait and "get a deal" in September or so. When we realized the situation, we acted quickly and luckily got the VBP we wanted, but a dealer had to go get it, no extra charges.

We did scout around and I still get emails from dealers, so you might check San Antonio. Fernandez or Gunn Honda had a VBP sport the last I saw, and Howdy Honda in Austin had some coming in this month, probably any day now. There's also... Benson? Honda in San ANtonio?

We had to drive a couple of hours to pick ours up, but it was worth it. Our only other choices were black ones (this is west texas, I can't deal with another dusty black car all the time) or the Tidewater, which my husband refused to drive. Pretty, but a little delicate for him and too close to the silver of other cars we've owned and are tired of looking at.

Get a classic Fit, you'll be glad. I don't like the new one, either. Husband sort of does, but I don't care for the longer nose, it looks like a Prius to me, or almost a little van.

Get off the fence! JD Power insists, again, that you get a Fit! Get a 2008! Check San Antonio!
(do you need me to show you what a Fit with deployed airbags looks like? you'll RACE to get one, whatever color....)

njo/TexFit
I looked again at the photos of the '09 Fit from the side, and it's not just cosmetic changes that are ruling this car out. They've shrunk every single window surface, including the rear window AND the sides, and one of the key reasons I wanted this car in the first place (besides the gas mileaage of course) was the VISIBILITY! It has a huge advantage over the Matrix, the Yaris or the Mazda 3. What IS IT with these freaking car designers??? All the cars and SUVs are getting pinched windows and giant pillars. How do they expect us to SEE ANYTHING???!!! Grrrrrrr....I'm so irritated right now I could spit!

Old 08-14-2008, 10:38 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TexFit

njo/TexFit
ah this is great: chastisizing the new fit because it looks like a van.

last time i checked, ours did too. the new fit will be a better car, as good as ours is. there is no need to hate.

Old 08-14-2008, 10:39 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Juliane
I looked again at the photos of the '09 Fit from the side, and it's not just cosmetic changes that are ruling this car out. They've shrunk every single window surface, including the rear window AND the sides, and one of the key reasons I wanted this car in the first place (besides the gas mileaage of course) was the VISIBILITY! It has a huge advantage over the Matrix, the Yaris or the Mazda 3. What IS IT with these freaking car designers??? All the cars and SUVs are getting pinched windows and giant pillars. How do they expect us to SEE ANYTHING???!!! Grrrrrrr....I'm so irritated right now I could spit!
its not like they raised the beltline so that the windows are little slits. please. can you turn your head? then you should be fine.

Old 08-14-2008, 10:49 AM
5 Year Member
Just went to ALL the websites of the dealers in San Antonio and Austin - hardly any Fits at all, and none in BBP, of course. There were 2 in Dallas on Tuesday but I've called and they are both gone now.

Shoot. (not the word I really said.)

Old 08-14-2008, 10:52 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by eldaino
its not like they raised the beltline so that the windows are little slits. please. can you turn your head? then you should be fine.
Sorry, I can see a measurable difference, and yes, I can turn my head! I want a large field of visibility and I don't see why every car manufacturer is going to smaller windows. We are all entitled to our own opinions, and I said above that the greater visibility of the Fit was one of the reasons I wanted the car.

You don't have to defend the car - I like the '07 and '08, but the '09 satisfies fewer of my criteria than the previous models, including the all-around look of the car.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: When's the latest I can wait to buy an '08?