General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Getting body damage fixed, and gonna have cash left over . . .

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 11:16 PM
5 Year Member
Getting body damage fixed, and gonna have cash left over . . .

So it looks like I'm finally getting the body damage on my Fit fixed! On June 1st someone backed into my car in the middle of the night. I saw it when I was getting up to drive to the airport to catch a flight to Tulsa where I was working for two months. So I'm back and the insurance adjuster is coming out to look at it and cut me a check (minus $500 deductible). I know a guy from a body shop who's doing the work for me after hours. He looked at it today so next week after I get the check we are gonna do the work. So instead of having to pay a $500 deductible and lose money, I'm gonna have the work done professionally AND have about $400 left over. I'm very happy.

But I've been trying to find a spoiler for it. Mine is base model cuz the only thing I like body kit wise for my car is a rear spoiler. But I can't find anything nice online. Could anyone recommend a good one or a site that could get it to me by next weekend so he can paint it and put it on while we do the body work? Getting the spoiler painted and mounted for free would be nice. I like Mugen and the OEM spoilers are not bad.

Old 09-13-2008, 11:24 PM
5 Year Member
heres a bunch: HondaFittuner.com :: Aero Styling :: Spoilers

i'm curious too if anyone knows of better places..

mugen style fiberglass $145, OEM style fiberglass $89

and theres a bunch of others, either fiberglass or carbon fiber

they were pretty good when i bought from them, reasonable quick shipping too

Old 09-13-2008, 11:34 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah I was looking at those. Honda Fit Tuning seems to be the best source I've found. Does anyone know how much for an OEM spoiler from the factory? Maybe I can ask the body shop guy how much we could source an OEM spoiler for. I was out there today and he was putting an OEM hood on a Pontiac Grand Am that he said only cost the car's owner a $100.

Old 09-13-2008, 11:38 PM
5 Year Member
haha ohh sorry well then true OEM USDM style Fit Sport spoiler already painted to match 201.24... then you need to add the hardware and covers and s/h, from Majestic Honda.

check it out...

Honda Automotive Parts

they're good too, i just bought a set of headlights from them

Last edited by Fat Ping Cat; 09-13-2008 at 11:42 PM. Reason: i like to edit things.. lol
Old 09-19-2008, 10:37 AM
5 Year Member
I just got a $500 dollar loan to fix my old beater (need to get it fixed so I can get the pollution testing, then plates and insurance to be legal) so with the left over cash from that, I bought a Seibon Carbon Fiber SP spoiler. It doesn't come in until Monday, but the body shop guy said he would paint it for free next week since it won't be in time to do it this weekend. He didn't say he would put it on cuz we didn't get that far into the discussion, but I how hard should it be for me to do it? I've never put a spoiler on my car myself, and it's the base so it doesn't have any existing holes or anything.