General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

my Fit is bad luck!

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 10:11 AM
my Fit is bad luck!

first, some background: my wife and I have a combined 30 years of clean driving under our belts... no accidents, maybe one ticket when i was a kid.

in the 2 months we've had our '08 MR Fit sport, it's had 2 fender benders and now, today, a speeding ticket.

sorry, i just had to rant. anyone have any magic dust or special reset code to rid the Fit of bad luck?

Old 09-18-2008, 10:24 AM
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Awwww...it's not the car's fault! YOU are responsible for the speeding ticket, dude....time for defensive driving class! It helped me. The fender benders - whose fault were they? Yours, or the other guy's?

Then there's always the old adage that bad things come in threes...if so, you're good now!

Sorry about the run of bad luck. I like the idea of the Luck Reset Code. Can we do that with our lives??? Yeah, I guess we can...it's called hard work....

Old 09-18-2008, 10:38 AM
neither accident was our fault, at all. just stupid dumb luck things. the speeding ticket was dumb luck too, my wife got pinched less than a 1/2 mile from our house because she was being tailgated by some schmuck.

ah well.

Old 09-18-2008, 10:59 AM
dont be intimidated by tailgators unless they're waiving firearms at you. haha.
i think its not bad luck...there's just more careless drivers on the road today. Perhaps distracted and unskilled are better words than careless.
At least you guys are safe.

Old 09-18-2008, 11:08 AM
5 Year Member
hey... im in CT and you would be surprised how easy it is to fight your ticket in court and win.... just plead not guilty to it and if it was a local cop... 90% chance he wont show and you will be home free, sorry your Fit has been in 2 fender benders... I had mine backed into at school with 1500 miles on her... real nice, how the hell did they miss a bright red car!

Old 09-18-2008, 11:28 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by CTmatt
neither accident was our fault, at all. just stupid dumb luck things. the speeding ticket was dumb luck too, my wife got pinched less than a 1/2 mile from our house because she was being tailgated by some schmuck.

ah well.
It is still her choice to speed, no matter who is riding her tail. Since I got a speeding ticket in a school zone last year, I have stopped speeding no matter what. I don't care who gets pissed off at me. Not gonna do it. Defensive driving allows the other party to just pull around, or if you feel you are unsafe, turn off the street completely.

That's one reason I recommend the defensive driving course, because it really forces you to tighten up your driving habits. I was speeding a LOT and didn't really recognize it as such, and I had other bad habits. Now I am like a textbook driver, and my son has profited by watching me. I'm no longer saying "Do as I say, not as I do" when it comes to driving. It's only about $100 and you can do it on-line, and then your ticket doesn't cost you any points nor does it affect your insurance negatively - in fact, you get a discount for taking the course!!

Old 09-18-2008, 12:00 PM
Originally Posted by Firebat666
how the hell did they miss a bright red car!
Perhaps it was the bright red that attracted them into your car...lol. Just a thought.

Old 09-18-2008, 12:13 PM
5 Year Member
Sorry to hear that dude. Speeding tickets suck! Is it gonna go on your insurance record?

Old 09-18-2008, 12:33 PM
well she'll definitely fight it, and it'll probably get thrown out. but i hope the insurance doesn't get a hold of it, 2 accidents (regardless of fault) and a ticket in two months... not good!

Old 09-18-2008, 01:38 PM
5 Year Member
if it gets thrown out of court its like it never happend... your ins. wont know about it, and even if they did, they cant do crap about it, because you are found innocent, its like if you were put on trial for grand theft auto.... if you were found innocent... they cant throw you in jail just because you were accused of it, a ticket is an accusation of you breaking the speed limit, you are not guilty untill you pay it, or go to court and loose. since you are fighting it, go online, there are guides to help you fight tickets, i know i posted a link to a great guide, i'll see if i can find it

Old 09-18-2008, 03:01 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by CTmatt
well she'll definitely fight it, and it'll probably get thrown out. but i hope the insurance doesn't get a hold of it, 2 accidents (regardless of fault) and a ticket in two months... not good!
As I said above, if the court offers it, she can take a defensive driving course and get a discount on your insurance. Or, you can go to court, fight it, and maybe get an increase. Good luck!

Old 09-18-2008, 04:39 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
yah some cars are like that. i had a 94 civic EX coupe at one time long
time ago and it was a parking lot accident magnet. like every 1-2 months
it would get smashed by some idiot... and i wasnt even in the car most
of the time.

sold it in like 1.5yrs.

Old 09-18-2008, 05:40 PM
Originally Posted by Firebat666
hey... im in CT and you would be surprised how easy it is to fight your ticket in court and win.... just plead not guilty to it and if it was a local cop... 90% chance he wont show and you will be home free, sorry your Fit has been in 2 fender benders... I had mine backed into at school with 1500 miles on her... real nice, how the hell did they miss a bright red car!
LOL!

people must be blind.

Old 09-18-2008, 08:27 PM
5 Year Member
yeah they must be.... to quote Nikko in GTA IV "only in this country do they let blind people drive!" .... yes im a nerd... so sue me!

Old 09-18-2008, 10:28 PM
5 Year Member
I seem to get runs of bad luck when my wife goes on travel - she's in Japan this week so I'm playing Mr. Mom to my two daughters. Here's my list of bad luck this week:

1. Minor fender bender in my 1993 Saab, my fault, $900 in parts
2. Nanny got a moving violation - she's 1/2 hour late to work and so am I
3. Get a coke dumped on me at McDonald's - suit going to cleaners
4. Download mp3's from Amazon, payment failed
5. Youngest misses bus home, school calls in the middle of a contentious telcon
6. Meeting with a bunch of blow hard grey beards who already had their minds made up