General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Hybrid waiting list gets first priority for Fit

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2006, 02:17 AM
Hybrid waiting list gets first priority for Fit

I spoke with a friend tonight who works at a local Honda dealership in my area and he tells me that people who are on the Civic/Insight/Accord Hybrid waiting list will have the option as first priority on placing an order for a Fit. This was told to him by one of the lead sales person at the dealership. Don't know if this is being done elsewhere, but if you're in the market for a Fit, I suggest you get on the list FAST.

I'm one of those types that don't buy the First year intro models. Going to weight it out and see what the Fit does in it's first year, you know the accolades and ownership satisfaction. If there's good things to be said in its first year, I'll buy a left over clearance model or a second year release. Or I could just wait for a full model change.

Old 01-14-2006, 12:27 PM
Why do those on a hybrid waiting list get special privileges? I'd be ticked off if I couldn't get a car because someone else, who wasn't even in the market for a Fit, cut in line ahead of me. I don't see the reasoning here. After all, the Fit gets worse MPG than the regular-gas Civic. In what way is the Fit a substitute for a hybrid?

Makes no sense to me. If I was at a dealership wanting to buy a Fit, but that other people were ahead in line who hadn't even made a decision yet because they were on a waiting list for a DIFFERENT CAR, I'd tell them where they can stick their Fit and go buy somewhere else.

Last edited by crazeditalian; 01-14-2006 at 12:32 PM.
Old 01-14-2006, 02:03 PM
Originally Posted by crazeditalian
After all, the Fit gets worse MPG than the regular-gas Civic.
How did you figure that?
Fit 33/38, 35.5 combined.
Civic 30/38, 34 combined.

Old 01-14-2006, 04:24 PM
Um, do we know this for sure, or just from your friend who works at a dealership and may or may not have the story right? Let's get the facts straight before we get all bent out of shape.

Old 01-14-2006, 08:53 PM
Even if it is true it might just be that single dealership with too many hybrid orders grasping at straws to keep potential customers....

Old 01-14-2006, 09:12 PM
Originally Posted by tulip
Um, do we know this for sure, or just from your friend who works at a dealership and may or may not have the story right? Let's get the facts straight before we get all bent out of shape.
There are only 4 Honda dealerships within a 25 miles radius from where I reside in South Jersey. Knowing that there is a waiting list, how many of those dealers can actually fulfill those on the waiting list? Not much. Unless one of those dealers trade off some off their new stock to other dealers in Pennsylvania for a hybrid model, which likely isn't the case. This is why the one dealership where my friend works at(the largest in South Jersey) is allowing those on the waiting list to have first priority. And since this dealer is a high volume dealer, they're going to get more than the allotted of which dealers get.

Old 01-21-2006, 02:08 AM
eh

Its all relative. I just went to diamond bar honda, near my house, and they had 4 new 06 hybrids sitting there, ready to make a deal. (they are considered a small size dealership down here)

Remember, these places are all individually owned. So its up to them to do what they want, and the demographic they are aiming for.

Last edited by carbnjunkie; 01-21-2006 at 02:29 AM.