General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

arguments against hypermiling

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 12:05 PM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
just ride a bicycle you greasy hippies!!!!!!!!!!

unsafe is unsafe. and it is much more unsafe for everyone around you when you drive at erratic, non consistent speeds. end of story. and if i was a policeman, i would pull over someone going ten miles under the speed limit before i pulled someone who was going ten miles an hour over.

Old 01-16-2009, 01:09 PM
Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
Yes you are missing it, the point of hypermiling is to get the lowest fuel consumption number irregardless of safety, increased mainentance or any form of common sense.

This isn't about saving money or the environment for a lot of people. It is about having a little ticker in your signature that says you have mad hypermiling skillz.

I can say that your statements above aren't true for me. I did it because I could. I wanted to see what the FIT can do. It was a challenge and frankly I didn't believe anyone could achieve 50, 60, 70mpg in a FIT until I did it myself(I would of watch someone do it but there wasn't anyone).

As for me, like everything I do it gets old. I would love to do a K20A swap in this thing to make it go fast but the $$$ isn't worth it. My next car purchase will either be the Prius III or an all electric somewhere around 2010.

Oh, as for the other poster and his comment, I am no hippie but I do get a little dirty and greasy now and then.

Old 01-16-2009, 05:52 PM
5 Year Member
Very easy to find fault with others when you have never achieved dick and are 100% clueless based on your statements!

Honda Insight II is what I'll have very soon.

Last edited by pcs0snq; 01-16-2009 at 05:58 PM.
Old 01-16-2009, 09:02 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by pb and h
I can say that your statements above aren't true for me. I did it because I could. I wanted to see what the FIT can do. It was a challenge and frankly I didn't believe anyone could achieve 50, 60, 70mpg in a FIT until I did it myself(I would of watch someone do it but there wasn't anyone).
Sorry for the sharp response, it isn't directed at anybody in particular. But even you have to admit it is pretty much true. There might be a small percentage people that actually do it to save money, but most people are after the ticker which has become a kind of forum status symbol.

You can argue until you are blue in the face about extra costs and safety... or common sense. Some things the hyper-milers have right, some things the opposition groups have right... but one thing is for sure, if it saves gas you can bet the hyper-milers will gather around it and defend doing it no matter what consequences it has. Anybody who takes a different stance basically gets demoted to a "moderate".

It is like how Greenpeace threw out it's founder after he expressed interest in sustainability rather than just taking extreme stances against things.

If your not with them, your against them right?

man what would you guys do without me around to argue with you

Very easy to find fault with others when you have never achieved dick and are 100% clueless based on your statements!
This must be a big dis on the cleanMPG forum lol

On another note, have you guys looked at the new Ford EV coming out? Apparently it will be to market in mid 2010 and has a range of 160 miles.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 01-16-2009 at 09:05 PM.