General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

"Easy to break in?" - Security concern

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2006, 10:56 PM
5 Year Member
"Easy to break in?" - Security concern

This question is for all of those in other countries that already have the fit. I have noticed that there is that little triangular window by the A-pillar.
Since honda decided to place the door lock and release lever by that window, has anyone had any problems with people breaking that window and reaching in to unlock the door?
Now this has got me thinking about filling that window in.

Old 02-13-2006, 02:09 AM
Someone that Posts too much
It would be near impossible to reach from the A pillar window up to the door lock to lift it up unless your elasticman. With the break ins I've seen they just smash the whole front window as they can do on any car.

2 Good reason to tint the windows.
1) prevent window shopping
2) makes glass harder to break and if broken makes less mess

Old 02-23-2006, 05:53 AM
5 Year Member
When my new honda jazz 2004 was about 3 month old, some amateurs tried to steel it from a garage. They manage to open the left front door, with some kind of an iron. after that they remowed the plastic from the panel and tried to start it. Thanx to the electric system they did not manage to start it, and left with a pair of 4 dollars sunglasses and 2 cd´s........after this incident i installed an alarm, which seems to keep the amateurs away :-)

Old 02-24-2006, 04:23 AM
Someone that Posts too much
Noise makers (alarms) are not deterrant in Australia. They don't even slow them down. Vehicle gone in 10 secs. Data dots and vehicle tracking systems are the only way to get your vehicle and parts back.

Increasingly, thieves are making off with vehicles after first breaking into the victim’s home and stealing the keys. Since the thieves now have the means to disable most alarms and immobilisers, the only solution is locating the vehicle once the theft is noticed.

http://www.quiktrak.com.au/
http://www.datadotdna.com/