General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

I was afraid this might happen...

Old 12-31-2008, 05:24 PM
5 Year Member
I was afraid this might happen...

I have to park my car in downtown Louisville overnight while I'm at work. Last week, I couldn't get any FM radio reception on the way home from work. At first I thought that it was something to do with the sub-zero temps we were experiencing, because the radio started working the next day. Today, I noticed that my antenna had a definite tilt to it and the base no longer sits flush to the roof. Apparently, some worthless low life scum from 'da hood' next door decided that my antenna looked like a play toy. Sorry adzholes!

I wonder if there is a flush mount antenna that will work with the Fit antenna's end plug? Something like the satellite/navi antenna on the Accord would be nice. The 'VG shark fin' antenna would work, I suppose, but I really want something that's flush. Aside from leaving a twenty taped to the antenna and sitting on the roof of the building with a rifle, any ideas?

Old 12-31-2008, 07:52 PM
5 Year Member
dude that sux... ppl are such douches.... i like the idea of involving a 20 and a rifle.... don't have a better one myself...

Old 12-31-2008, 08:58 PM
Fit Gadget Freak
5 Year Member
ELECTRIFY the whole car!

Think: Stun gun

40,000 volts will make them think twice, and sheet their pants, too!

Its not the volts that kill ya, its the amps!

Old 12-31-2008, 09:47 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by E = Mc2
I have to park my car in downtown Louisville overnight while I'm at work. Last week, I couldn't get any FM radio reception on the way home from work. At first I thought that it was something to do with the sub-zero temps we were experiencing, because the radio started working the next day. Today, I noticed that my antenna had a definite tilt to it and the base no longer sits flush to the roof. Apparently, some worthless low life scum from 'da hood' next door decided that my antenna looked like a play toy. Sorry adzholes!

I wonder if there is a flush mount antenna that will work with the Fit antenna's end plug? Something like the satellite/navi antenna on the Accord would be nice. The 'VG shark fin' antenna would work, I suppose, but I really want something that's flush. Aside from leaving a twenty taped to the antenna and sitting on the roof of the building with a rifle, any ideas?
Real shame, you have some real bad ass dudes in the city. Just replace the antenna, the scumbag is not gonna do it again, it was a one off thing. I have read of zero positive reviews of the replacement antennas. Perhaps a window type antenna might be better.

I had my Fit for 13 days and some gangster decided to key the passenger door side from mirror to rear door latch in the wee hours outside my quiet residential street. Carved an initial in as well, "YC" I am looking for you!

Nothing to do but get on with your life, parking in public is a risk. Whatta gonna do? And yes I would love to see a car bomb for these little useless wads of.......off topic.

Last edited by kamakurakid; 12-31-2008 at 10:05 PM.
Old 12-31-2008, 10:03 PM
5 Year Member
honestly... what inspiers some one to just F-up a car FOR NO REASON.... really how stupid are people...

Old 01-03-2009, 07:18 AM
have you seen the car alarm that who ever touch it will face a flame thrower?

Old 01-03-2009, 10:17 AM
5 Year Member
i have seen the flame thrower alarm! totaly sweet... but it must ruin the paint lol

Old 01-03-2009, 12:36 PM
Banned
I like the idea of Crazy Glue, the idiot is stuck to the vehicle when you come out in the morning. Would make the morning commute rather more interesting, would need a special song to go with the morning, something theme based. Maybe just The Chicken Dance.

Old 01-07-2009, 04:20 PM
5 Year Member
A little off topic, but the little antenna on the Fit is awfully weak at pulling in a signal. A flush one would be even worse, I would assume. I have satellite radio, so it is no thang, but still, it's nice to be able to turn on the regular radio when I want storm or traffic information. Wish it was a bit better.

Old 01-07-2009, 06:09 PM
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Firebat666
honestly... what inspiers some one to just F-up a car FOR NO REASON.... really how stupid are people...
Really really stupid.

And we have a whole government full of them. Yippee!

Old 01-07-2009, 08:20 PM
5 Year Member
I went to Lowes today and procured a 5mm socket head screw and a plastic cover for it. Since the idiot decided to play with my antenna, I've been unscrewing it when I park, leaving the threaded hole open to the elements. With all the snow and ice we've had lately, this occasionally leaves me with no way to put the antenna back in because the hole is plugged. I'll post pics once I get the screw cut down and the filler plug in place.

Old 01-07-2009, 08:26 PM
5 Year Member
Oh... I have to think that maybe, just maybe, the f-ker was one of those 'buy American' jerks. The place I work is a Union shop, and Louisville does have a couple of Ford plants. The guy working at Lowes who stopped to ask if I needed anything was very curious as to why someone would mess with my antenna, and later I heard him exclaim loudly how he'd never buy another car that wasn't a Ford. I didn't bother trying to explain to him how I've owned 12 American cars and only one import.

My keys were hanging from a carabiner on my belt loop, with the Honda 'H' clearly visible.