General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

I have my Fit!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 06:54 PM
Originally Posted by Hollybee
Well I took a whole whack of photos of my Fit and I put them up in a Yahoo photo album, to check them out go to:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/tenille15/my_photos
Thanks Hollybee, Congrats on your new ride, I can't wait till our launch date here in the lower 48 states.

Old 03-29-2006, 10:10 PM
I'll be picking my Fit up Friday or Monday. Got the silver in a 5 speed (LX). Here is a pic from the test drive today.

Old 03-29-2006, 10:18 PM
Originally Posted by Dañiel
I'll be picking my Fit up Friday or Monday. Got the silver in a 5 speed (LX). Here is a pic from the test drive today.
Dañiel;

Gongrats, now how about sharing what you paid for it? Are you leasing or buying? Payments? Paying cash?... detail, details, details, please.

Old 03-29-2006, 11:31 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by vtecboost
hey just to let everyone know im going to be getting ours tommorrow and just to let you know i saw the blue color one today at the honda dealership, Im also in Vancouver BC
The Lunar Mist? Or Vivid Blue Pearl? And if the Lunar Mist, is it more green or blue?

Old 03-29-2006, 11:36 PM
Originally Posted by SBC31
Daņiel;

Gongrats, now how about sharing what you paid for it? Are you leasing or buying? Payments? Paying cash?... detail, details, details, please.

I bought it, as I tend to keep cars 10 year+. Got free all weather mats and $250 off. The 5 speed tranny/clutch is soooo smooth. A baby could drive it.
Would of waited till June or so, but my current car is almost done.

Old 03-30-2006, 06:39 AM
5 Year Member
A discount! Good for you Daņiel.

Old 03-30-2006, 08:28 AM
Originally Posted by Daņiel
The 5 speed tranny/clutch is soooo smooth.
No surprise there as Honda is known for this and it's one of the many things I love about Honda. So what was the final tally for the car?

Old 03-30-2006, 08:31 AM
5 Year Member
After doing a month of online researching, reading every bit of information
about the Fit I could read, I find it too small for my long legs. Or I am too
big. As Johnny Cochran said, "If it does not fit...........".

I went to Winnipeg Honda, spent 15 minutes and for the second time not one salesperson even said good morning.
This was going to be prob. my last car I ever buy and my birthday next week was going to be the best of my life. I am crushed. It is going to be very hard to see all the Fits out there.

By the way I have read glowing reports of other guys 6'2" and even 6' 4",240 saying they can sit in a Fit. Only thing is I have never sat in the driver's seat of any modern car. Only once as a passenger in a Toyota Echo and had lots of room. With my huge 85 Olds Delta 88, maybe my mind is doing me wrong. The showroom Fit was also a standard and I kept my feet off the clutch peddle and could not recline the seat. And no offer to test ride until next week. Maybe the silver one I saw outside is the one Daniel got.

If anyone can advise changing the seat track for more leg room I would be
very thankful. Should I post elsewhere?

Maybe in a year the N.A.dealers will tell Honda we need more room for our bigger people. The front end had been changed to pass N.A. crash test standards.
And how much do you bet later on today I hear from TD Bank saying the money is ready and....

Sorry for the long rant, but I am crushed.

Old 03-30-2006, 08:40 AM
mav
Congrats on the new car.

Old 03-30-2006, 11:11 AM
No surprise there as Honda is known for this and it's one of the many things I love about Honda. So what was the final tally for the car?
Take the mspr, less $250, plus 14% tax, plus $14 tire tax, plus $100 A/C tax. They wanted to sell me other stuff like undercoat but I passed on it all. The papers are at home and can't remember the total to the dollar. I'll post that when i get home.

Question. In the USA, are buyers of new cars subject to an air conditioner tax like we re in Canada? We are charged $100 federal tax.

Old 03-30-2006, 11:12 AM
Take the mspr, less $250, plus 14% tax, plus $14 tire tax, plus $100 A/C tax. They wanted to sell me other stuff like undercoat but I passed on it all. The papers are at home and can't remember the total to the dollar. I'll post that when i get home.

Question. In the USA, are buyers of new cars subject to an air conditioner tax like we re in Canada? We are charged $100 federal tax.

Old 03-30-2006, 11:27 AM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
Don't forget the 100$ gas tax credit!

Old 03-30-2006, 11:48 AM
Originally Posted by b17gsr
Don't forget the 100$ gas tax credit!
Yes!!! Less the $100 tax credit. What is the criteria for that credit? Gas milage above a certain level?

Old 03-30-2006, 01:02 PM
Did you guys end up getting FREE carpets, mud guards or any accessories???

Old 03-30-2006, 01:14 PM
the only thing i got was free chocolates, lol. I was so happy to get the car i forgot all about doing any wheeling and dealing for add-ins for free. But after i realized i have no floor mats at all im going go back into the dealership and try to get some..we'll see how much mr. salesman of the year wants his 5 rating.

i also spent another hour or so at the dealership last night re-doing my financing. Somehow they forgot to bring to me the more affordable option of future value financing through Honda Canada at a 6.95% interest rate and instead only told me about the 60/84 financing option through my personal bank at the rate of 7.99%. After seeing the differance on Honda.ca I went back in and demanded it be changed. They did it and now im a happy camper once again.

Old 03-30-2006, 01:20 PM
Originally Posted by Hollybee
....But after i realized i have no floor mats at all im going go back into the dealership and try to get some..we'll see how much mr. salesman of the year wants his 5 rating.

I got the all weather mats, not the carpet mats. I think they list for $169.00. You can buy online for half that, but they'll have to be shipped from the USA, so it's easier and the same price to buy at the dealer.

I hate the mats you can buy at Canadian Tire, the orignal mats from Honda fit the Fit and have the Fit logo on the mat. Fits better and looks WAY nicer.

Last edited by Daņiel; 03-30-2006 at 01:23 PM.
Old 03-30-2006, 02:17 PM
5 Year Member
So I emailed APA to see what kinda deal they could hook me up with, and this was the reply I got:

We won't have pricing until next week. There will be a discount, but it
will probably be two to three hundred dollars.

Sincerely,
Joe

Old 03-30-2006, 02:20 PM
I heard from my broker that max discount for the Fit LX is $300, anything more than $300 they will be making a lost.

Old 03-30-2006, 02:20 PM
Originally Posted by crimsona
So I emailed APA to see what kinda deal they could hook me up with, and this was the reply I got:
What is APA? You should email them the link to honda.ca with the pricing and everything.

Old 03-30-2006, 02:43 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by tchen
I heard from my broker that max discount for the Fit LX is $300, anything more than $300 they will be making a lost.
How do you figure that? Do you know their actual cost?

Quick Reply: I have my Fit!!