General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Can you remove underbody kit from the sport?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 07:34 PM
Can you remove underbody kit from the sport?

Does anyone know if there is a way to remove the plastic addons? Front, side and rear underbody kit, and the rear spoiler. Don't like 'em.

I'm willing to give up the sport features to avoid the cheese, but if it's possible, then it's sport all the way.

Thanks!

Old 04-10-2006, 08:06 PM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
Whats teh poitn of getting the fit sport over the regular then? the cruise control?

Old 04-10-2006, 08:13 PM
Mainly the stereo and lack of hassle to install keyless/security system. I like the alloys, just not the plastic.

Old 04-10-2006, 09:34 PM
I am with chrismc. I would like the base with the cruise. While I don't crave the other extra features of the sport (stereo - alloys etc) I don't mind them, and could even be ok with paying for them. The skirts are a different matter - especially the one on the side (it just stick out too much). I would really rather not have them, and would pay more to have a sport that does not have them.

Are they factory installed or port installed? Is there anyway to get a sport without them? Can they be removed? Can one add a sport steering wheel to a base and get cruise? (this works with some vehicles)

Inquiring minds want to know?

Old 04-11-2006, 12:47 PM
i feel the same way. i heard that some of the mounting holes are the same if you wanted to trade, but then there's the hassle of that. i like most of the sport body parts, just not the rear spoiler (i call it a "butt wing" ). but then the rest of it grew on me, so maybe that part will too.

Old 04-11-2006, 12:54 PM
5 Year Member
I too wouldn't mind being able to remove the aerodynamic fluff of the Sport. So I decided to check out the Fit/Jazz service manual which can be download here http://www.bigupload.com/d=4D1D732A
If the method of mounting the side sill panels and rear tailgate spoiler are the same for the North American Fit's as they are for the Aussie/European models, then it looks as though there would be mounting tab holes and/or grommet holes that would need to be filled. The front and rear lower spoiler's mounting hardware holes are there, but would most likely not be visible, because they are underneath the lip of the bumper lower edge. I guess we will know for sure when someone can take a look at the first American or Canadian Sport Fit's.

Old 04-11-2006, 04:08 PM
5 Year Member
Just buy what you want as accessories

The sport model is like $1300 more than the base, why not just buy the base model and then add what you want through the dealer? The alarm and stereo stuff can be added for like $500. I also don't like the skirts (although I want the spoiler) and could care less for the CC so I figured I can just add what I need at the dealer or aftermarket. No point in spending that much for stuff I don't want.

Old 04-11-2006, 06:52 PM
I plan on getting the sport and removing the spoiler and side skirts and ebaying them. I really want the cruise control, auxillary input on the car stereo and 15" wheels/bigger tires and the fog lights are a bonus. If I get a couple hundred bucks back from selling the spoiler and skirts, I'm doing better than adding those items to the base--you can't even get the steering wheel mounted cruise on the base anyway.

Old 04-11-2006, 06:56 PM
5 Year Member
build your own fit

Too bad Honda doesn't have a build it site for the Fit. Maybe down the line but it seems like people want bits and pieces or don't want them and so it comes down to adding or taking those parts on/off once the car comes in. IF IT EVER COMES IN!!!!

Old 03-29-2011, 11:24 PM
do you want to sell those parts to me?

Old 03-29-2011, 11:26 PM
5 Year Member
Dead thread and wrong chassis for you. Check last post date next time please.

Old 03-30-2011, 01:26 AM
5 Year Member
I remember reading many threads like this before I bought my car.... The plastic crap was a hassle for people that had to drive off of the beaten path.... When VW came out with the Rabbit all of the air cooled VW owners that lived out in places like where I do had to drive as close to the house as they could and walk when the road would washout in the winter and spring or turn to powdered sugar in the summer.