General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

anyone k20a a fit?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 08:17 AM
anyone k20a a fit?

anyone here k20a an automatic fit what is needed? I have a k20a3 but no fit. I do need a Fit, any donors? Im thinking a high performance torque converter also.

Old 04-23-2006, 11:35 AM
Avid FitFreak Poster
There is Demensional 1 that will have theirs supposedly up and running in a month or so..

Old 04-23-2006, 08:13 PM
got a site or keep me posted?

Old 04-23-2006, 09:17 PM
Wouldn't the manual tranny get more out of that engine?

Old 04-23-2006, 09:23 PM
it may but if you drove the sport shift.... WOOOO HOOOO... high performance torque converter and sport shift and 160... that what im talking about.... 180 bhp with bolt ons!!!!!

Old 03-19-2007, 09:20 AM
5 Year Member
To revive this topic, was wondering did u manage to do the swap?

I am actually looking at doing the same k20a3 with auto trans swap and was wondering if anyone has done it before, or knows of any complications etc.

Old 03-19-2007, 09:39 PM
bad idea.

We have a 350z with an automatic sport shift and it lags when you want a higher gear. you shift but it takes a while till it shifts. you better off with a manual... unless you dont know how to use a stick.

Old 03-19-2007, 10:08 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by navadv
To revive this topic, was wondering did u manage to do the swap?

I am actually looking at doing the same k20a3 with auto trans swap and was wondering if anyone has done it before, or knows of any complications etc.

I haven't done so. Im sure it can be done but you will have to modify a few things. My guess is that if you want to keep auto you need a RSX base or TSX trans (if you want a tsx pm me, I have a new one) .... you can then keep sport shift. also a RSX or Si engine harness and ecu. the primary reason for this is the Fit is a D-Series car... (if my memory is correct) and the Si is a K-series. if you just got a conversion wire and used the OLD ECU you wouldn't get the true (100%) performance of the motor but it will still be much better than the 109BHP.

If you had a total of 5k im sure you can do it... and may have money left over if you do the work yourself or cheaply and you get the right deal on parts. but you definitely would need bigger and wider tires to handle the K-Series engine. and better springs at a minium to make a good driving car as well as a handling car. Your next step would be rear disc brakes. I would then focus on bolts ons ... if you think you may want more power than the Si get a RSX S or do the internals before you drop the motor in. Post back... once your done. i want to drive it. You can borrow my civic....hehe.. check it out. Welcome to TeamKO.net

PS- Honda / Acura Sport Shift doesn't lag it intergrates "drive by wire" I can't speak for nissan.

Last edited by TeamKO; 03-19-2007 at 10:10 PM.
Old 03-19-2007, 10:11 PM
Originally Posted by TeamKO
I haven't done so. Im sure it can be done but you will have to modify a few things. My guess is that if you want to keep auto you need a RSX base or TSX trans (if you want a tsx pm me, I have a new one) .... you can then keep sport shift. also a RSX or Si engine harness and ecu. the primary reason for this is the Fit is a D-Series car... (if my memory is correct) and the Si is a K-series. if you just got a conversion wire and used the OLD ECU you wouldn't get the true (100%) performance of the motor but it will still be much better than the 109BHP.

If you had a total of 5k im sure you can do it... and may have money left over if you do the work yourself or cheaply and you get the right deal on parts. but you definitely would need bigger and wider tires to handle the K-Series engine. and better springs at a minium to make a good driving car as well as a handling car. Your next step would be rear disc brakes. I would then focus on bolts ons ... if you think you may want more power than the Si get a RSX S or do the internals before you drop the motor in. Post back... once your done. i want to drive it. You can borrow my civic....hehe.. check it out. Welcome to TeamKO.net

PS- Honda / Acura Sport Shift doesn't lag it intergrates "drive by wire" I can't speak for nissan.
Fit is a L-series

Old 03-19-2007, 10:27 PM
5 Year Member
Yup L15A1 USDM Fit ENgine Code

Old 03-19-2007, 10:31 PM
anyone here k20a an automatic fit what is needed? I have a k20a3 but no fit. I do need a Fit, any donors? Im thinking a high performance torque converter also.
If you plan on doing this swap plan on spending some money and doing some custom fabrication. Reason is that the auto trans out of the base rsx does not fit with out making mods to the frame. The auto trans is larger than the 5 and 6 speed transmissions. Also you will need custom trans mounts because the auto and manuals have different mounts. Then on top of everything else comes the wiring. It will be much more difficult especially if you plan on keeping the paddle shifters. There is one guy on the forum that is doing this swap. He said after all said and done it would cost him over 10 grand. Personally I'd rather just do the manual trans. The auto trans swap would be cool and different but, the swap would be easier and better with a manual trans. I am thinking of doing a K20 swap to my fit but I will go with the 6 speed trans. If I do this I plan on an all motor build. If boosting the K20 than the 5 speed base rsx trans is a better choice. For some reason they hold up better to boost and it has longer gear ratio's than the 6 speed.

Old 03-20-2007, 01:35 AM
5 Year Member
Yeah - im sry i should have mentioned this - im not in the US.
I live in the UAE, in Dubai. Out here the K20a3 comes out of a Honda Stream and i can get the auto trans from it as well (cant find a manual stream). It has the same specs as the base RSX.
The engine is cheap as well. People here havent yet realized its potential - so the engine goes for about US $900. Whereas a k20a2 or k20a would be about US $6800. We used to get ALOT of engines here for cheap. The importers found out they could ship to US and make more money....

Besides that, i have been looking into the parts needed for the swap. Cant really get my hands on ony RSX parts (cause the car isnt sold here)...... Right now it looks doubtful i can do it....

Old 03-20-2007, 01:36 AM
5 Year Member
Forgot to say Thanx for all the replies

Old 03-20-2007, 01:47 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
the k20a3 isnt really performance oriented, but still an improvement to the L-series. If u're planning on swapping, might as well go for the best motor setup if possible. Ever look into a k24?

if you're stuck on using the a3, then think about using a a2 cylinder head on it and it will make almost the same HP as a stock k20a2.

for more info on Fit K20/24 swaps, Honda Fit K-series Swap - K20A.org .:. The K Series Source . Honda / Acura K20a k24a Engine Forum

Old 03-20-2007, 08:54 AM
Originally Posted by navadv
Yeah - im sry i should have mentioned this - im not in the US.
I live in the UAE, in Dubai. Out here the K20a3 comes out of a Honda Stream and i can get the auto trans from it as well (cant find a manual stream). It has the same specs as the base RSX.
The engine is cheap as well. People here havent yet realized its potential - so the engine goes for about US $900. Whereas a k20a2 or k20a would be about US $6800. We used to get ALOT of engines here for cheap. The importers found out they could ship to US and make more money....

Besides that, i have been looking into the parts needed for the swap. Cant really get my hands on ony RSX parts (cause the car isnt sold here)...... Right now it looks doubtful i can do it....

Where is Dubai? Sounds like the best bet is to get a Dubian Engine and Trans? and ECU? etc..

Old 03-20-2007, 08:21 PM
Where is Dubai? Sounds like the best bet is to get a Dubian Engine and Trans? and ECU? etc..
Middle east by Saudi Arabia/Oman.

Dubai is part of the United Arab Emirates.