General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.
View Poll Results: Satisfied or Regret
Satisfied
87.10%
Regret
12.90%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Anyone regret getting an aftermarket Intake?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 02:03 AM
5 Year Member
Post Anyone regret getting an aftermarket Intake?

Welp its been a month with my Takeda intake now, and it was a bit louder than i expected.. I knew the honda fit had a prety huge air box stock... but i didn't realize how much of a silencer the stock intake was.

Honda sure designed a prety nice stock intake box... i had a mustang prior to this car.. and goign from stock intake.. to Cold air... and than changing it all to being Boosted with intercooler, i never noticed a difference between engine noise (with the exception of the BOV).

i must be getting old... because I am kinda thinking about putting the stock intake back on, so i can enjoy a nice quiet ride again.

Old 01-07-2010, 10:49 AM
Aftermarket intakes are a waste of money IMHO.

myke

Old 01-07-2010, 11:48 AM
5 Year Member
I voted regret because I eventually put a super charger on my car..... The noise from under he hood is quieter now than with the after market intake..... I liked the idea of being able to listen to music and replaced my loud axle back pipe with the stock one..... It was great but it hurt my fuel mileage and in he distance it took me to reach 100MPH I could only do 90.... After quieting the intake and exhaust by going back to stock the tire noise is all you have to annoy you compounded by a constantly rattling dash if you are putting much more than the recommended pressure in the tires.

Old 01-07-2010, 12:49 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
I voted regret because I eventually put a super charger on my car..... The noise from under he hood is quieter now than with the after market intake..... I liked the idea of being able to listen to music and replaced my loud axle back pipe with the stock one..... It was great but it hurt my fuel mileage and in he distance it took me to reach 100MPH I could only do 90.... After quieting the intake and exhaust by going back to stock the tire noise is all you have to annoy you compounded by a constantly rattling dash if you are putting much more than the recommended pressure in the tires.
haha iam like you. i think its quieter because the sound is being dimmed from going thru the compressor. and your car must be amazing.. boosted with a stock exhaust system? thats my plan as well.

Old 01-07-2010, 01:35 PM
I did the Sid Short Ram intake at the end of the summer and I'm still very happy. I have gone back to stock exhaust for now. I too did notice a fuel mileage improvement, but I really do miss the rasp of the exhaust so I may remove the stock axle back when it warms up.

Old 01-07-2010, 02:13 PM
I have the SSR intake and I love it. Was pretty cheap and is very effective IMO

Old 01-07-2010, 04:13 PM
5 Year Member
regret.

i sold my fujita short ram intake at a huge loss, bought a high-flow k&n filter, and gutted my stock airbox (gd3). same throttle response without the sound and it looks totally stock. i couldn't be happier

Old 01-07-2010, 09:15 PM
Swapped out the OE stuff for the Tanabe A/B and a CAI shortly after i bought the car, haven't looked back. I love the sound and wouldn't want to go back to the quieter OE stuff.

Old 01-08-2010, 02:18 PM
Yeah the sound is what I love

Old 01-08-2010, 03:12 PM
I must have hearing issues because I don't think having an intake adds any "loudness" inside my cabin. Maybe if I switched back to the stock air box I would notice a difference. I have an AEM CAI and a Spoon N1 w/ silencer and I really enjoy the sound. When I'm listening to music I only have to turn it to about 4 or 5 to be at a comfortable level and still hear ambient noises like horns and sirens from emergency vehicles.

Performance wise, I heard that the stock air box is actually pretty good on the Fit and that is why you don't see Spoon and Mugen making replacement intakes, only filters.

Old 01-08-2010, 07:02 PM
I'm new

Hey everyone, what's up? My name is Sam and I'm new to the forum. I just wanted to say hey.. I hope I posted this in the right section.. if not, mods please feel free to move it.

Old 01-12-2010, 01:38 AM
My Introduction

Hey everyone, what's up? My name is Rebekka and I'm new here. I'm from Chicago, where are you guys from?

Old 01-12-2010, 06:12 AM
5 Year Member
Wink

Wow! new freaks..... I wonder what choice of intake or induction they prefer..

Old 01-13-2010, 12:29 AM
5 Year Member
too much money for no improvement besides noise, glad i went ssr intake seeing as how i used t for under 2 weeks.

Old 01-14-2010, 02:11 PM
5 Year Member
noticed improvement and nice noise

I put an HFit Supa Sucka intake within a month of taking delivery, and notice an immediate throttle response and low end power improvement, and I liked the sound of it. Have since change it out for a CAI (can't recall which brand at the moment) the same time I put a freeer flowing axle-back on, and really noticed some high end gains, along with the better sound from the exhaust. Am thinking about maybe going back to the SSI because I did lose low end power and better throttle response from the box over the longer cold air set-up.

Old 01-18-2010, 11:15 AM
No regrets......yet.

I have a 2009 Orange Fit that is now about 3 months old to me.I have already installed 8000K HIDs ,Yellow Fog Bulbs, Small Amp and BOSE subs and Replaced all the door speakers with Polk Audio MOMO components .As for the Intake I decided just to replace it with the K & N Filter . Its a brand new car and After further investigation into what had to be modified to install the aftermarket tube and factory MAF I thought the K & N filter alone would be enough. Now that the car has almost 4K on it it seems to work quite well and although it does not give a big boost in power I would say it is sufficient .And over all I am very happy with the car. The FIT is comfortable and overall better looking than other cars in its class. I do wish it had about 50 more HP with the same gas mileage but apparently Honda hasnt figured that one out yet!