General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

From GD to GE...My intitial comaprison

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 12:09 PM
From GD to GE...My intitial comaprison

Hey All,

I traded my '08 GD 5MT for a '11 GE 5MT this weekend and would like to give my first impression of the GE vs the GD.

The GD to me seems to be more athletic.
The GE understeers more and has increased body roll. The steering is not as quick as the GD, but has better bump absorption and interior quietness.

The GE feels a little more luxurious, and more upscale and bit bigger than the GD. In the GE, I haven't been cut off like 10x a day like with the GD. I do also like the mpg real-time indicator on the dash. Just makes you more conscious about the gas pedal.

GE has more power and definitely pulls better than the GD.

First upgrade is some better wheel locks and fog light covers. Already got my first rock chip on the hood

You rally can't go wrong with either car though.. Fit is GO!

Old 03-21-2011, 02:21 PM
Originally Posted by BigBird
Hey All,

I traded my '08 GD 5MT for a '11 GE 5MT this weekend and would like to give my first impression of the GE vs the GD.

The GD to me seems to be more athletic.
The GE understeers more and has increased body roll. The steering is not as quick as the GD, but has better bump absorption and interior quietness.

The GE feels a little more luxurious, and more upscale and bit bigger than the GD. In the GE, I haven't been cut off like 10x a day like with the GD. I do also like the mpg real-time indicator on the dash. Just makes you more conscious about the gas pedal.

GE has more power and definitely pulls better than the GD.

First upgrade is some better wheel locks and fog light covers. Already got my first rock chip on the hood

You rally can't go wrong with either car though.. Fit is GO!
Interesting comparison...I've seen similar conclusions from others on here.

Regarding the understeer...this isn't suprising on a completely stock car. There is an old saying, "if the car goes off the road front first...driver's fault. if the car goes off the road rear first...manufacturer's fault."