General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Why you buy the Honda Fit?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2011, 03:18 PM
5 Year Member
Why you buy the Honda Fit?

This question maybe will be the most important one that anybody will ask you for the reason for you to buy a Honda Fit.Some friends maybe buy the Fit because it has a great MPG.Some because this little big car can carry a lot of things and it's a fun to drive car.Some because this car look great with new rims,a drop and adding mods to it.They must be a lot of answer.For me a buy the car because the car looks very nice to the eye and for the MPG.Why you buy a Honda Fit?Let see what our friends will said.

Old 06-19-2011, 03:41 PM
Lets see...

-because I don't believe in dropping a whole lot of funds into a vehicle and the Fit is affordable to purchase new.

-because it is economical to operate both in terms of maintenance and fuel.

-because it is reliable and bought it to drive not sit in the garage being worked on.

-because it has a versatile interior that has some capacity for cargo.

-because my Honda dealer is right down the street and very handy should I need their services.

-because I find it reasonably comfortable.

-because having previously owned Ford, Chrysler and Toyota products I wanted to give the Honda a whirl this time.

I spent a year considering my decison and during that time looked at a few other vehicles but always landed back up with the Fit.

I'll do some very light mods and call it a day, so far...

-wheel locks
-tint
-billet front lower grille
-locking gas cap
-body side moldings
-shorty antenna

Next may be a few Honda interior bling accessories and perhaps an A pillar GPS mount.

Old 06-19-2011, 04:17 PM
For 10 years my wifes car was a Toyota 4Runner. She wanted something a little more green and we went to the Honda dealer to check out the CRV. Wife saw a Fit on the show room, sat in it and that and a short test drive was all it took. Nice car.

Old 06-19-2011, 04:25 PM
Super Moderator
I bought the Fit because when I first saw it I feel in love with the car. I was looking for a car that got decent mileage and would be fun to drive. From the beginning I knew I wanted to modify the car and the Fit was something different then what you usually see, all though I never imagined I would have taken it this far.

Old 06-19-2011, 04:33 PM
utilitarian

It's the swiss army knife of cars! It gets a nine out of ten in most categories (except acceleration perhaps). It's not perfect but very well rounded.

Old 06-19-2011, 05:25 PM
A variety of reasons:
Honda's reputation for reliability - this is our fifth Honda between my wife's cars and mine.
Fuel economy and 87 octane compatibility
Price/value for money
Hatchback, interior volume and flexibility
Not a sports car or GT by any stretch but sort of fun to drive

We would buy another Fit if we were shopping for a new car today, the release of the Mazda2 and Ford Fiesta not withstanding.

Last edited by LostHighway; 06-19-2011 at 07:01 PM. Reason: correction, fifth Honda not fourth
Old 06-19-2011, 05:29 PM
5 Year Member
I don't own a Fit but was strongly considering one and recommended it to a girl in my office (and she ended up buying a black one last year). I liked it for a lot of reasons, though some of them may already have been mentioned.

1. Price -- It's not too expensive and within reach of most people and still affordable as a second car (though I ended up not picking one up as a second car to use as a DD and just garage my Evo). Maintenance on it should be fairly simple.
2. Looks -- I hate a lot of Honda's lineup these days along with their styling philosophy, but the Fit still manages to look pretty sporty but not to the point where it looks like a poser car. Inside, it also looks nice without looking like a dumb ass space ship like the Civic. The steering wheel is also pretty sporty.
3. Size -- Inside, it's VERY roomy, but outside, it's still pretty compact. I live in Newport Beach and only have so many parking spots dedicated to my house, so being able to parallel park and squeeze into tighter spots is a plus.
4. Fuel economy -- Nobody buys these things for performance, but it's peppy enough for a DD to not suck. That being said, its efficiency is pretty decent, as it seems like most people don't break a sweat trying to stay in the 30 mpg range. Given its roomy interior and good gas mileage, it would probably make a great car for taking to Vegas.
5. Utility -- Again involving the roomy interior, that combined with the folding seats and hatchback rear really allow you to fit a lot of stuff that was normally requiring an SUV or something to move. Obviously you're not going to be moving a bed or anything, but you could probably throw in a desk, possibly a small kitchen fridge, etc. You should definitely be able to move a big widescreen TV too.

Old 06-19-2011, 05:35 PM
Gas mileage, Reliablility, Hatchback!!!

Old 06-19-2011, 06:24 PM
5 Year Member
Gas prices gas prices gas prices.....and I like the styling. Before my little honda I drove a 400whp 98 trans am that on a good day got 15 mpg...putting $25 bucks every 2-3 days gets old very quick. Oh and my commute is less than 10 miles a day

Old 06-19-2011, 07:21 PM
5 Year Member
My accord had a crack in the block and I needed a new car ASAP. Fit looked good and was the right price.

Old 06-19-2011, 07:31 PM
I bought a FIT because of the MAGIC SEAT!!! lay it down n make some Magic =) if you know what i mean...

and i like the way it looks and good mpg... lol

Old 06-19-2011, 08:24 PM
5 Year Member
I originally got my '07 because I'd never seen anyone else with it, and I figured it would be a fitting replacement (pun intended) for my '88 CRX that was dying.

Plus the MPGs.

Old 06-19-2011, 09:16 PM
5 Year Member
It fit my needs and low total cost of ownership.

Old 06-20-2011, 04:08 AM
My main reasons for buying an used GD1 from 2004:
-One of the best track records in yearly motor vehicle inspection failure statistics even for over 5 years old vehicles in Finland.
-Well balanced fuel economy and performance.
-Excellent flat cargo space.
-Doesn't look too ugly outside or inside.
-I loved my 4th gen Honda Civic 1.4 hatcback I had some years ago, before it got too rusty to be repaired anymore.

I was seriously considering also Toyota Yaris T-Sport 1.5, but Jazz/Fit won because of much better fuel economy and trunk size (I play in a band and carry ofter guitar cases, some drum stuff, etc.) and I guess I also got a bit newer and less-driven Jazz for corresponding price.

Old 06-20-2011, 07:34 AM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
I decided to trade in my 1996 Ford Ranger XLT in 2007 since the gas prices were just starting to rise and I wanted to get back into a car since I no longer had my horse. I got on the internet and decided I'd driven Ford and Chevy since 1978 and wanted to try an import. My uncles, cousins and my old boss were all Honda guys. I got on line and found the Honda site and saw the Fit - never saw it until that moment and thought it was an great car. I joined Fit Freaks in Feb. 2007 (and might I add the site was a lot faster with less banners to slow it down) and I learned alot about the car. I took my first test drive in March and bought my MR in May. The gas milage was the big draw for me, the fact that it was a Honda was second and then finally the fact that I just loved the way it looked. I never did tint on a vheicle until the Fit and then I started modifiying and could not stop. First time I've owned a car that I can drive down the road and not see 100 just like it and I love it!

Old 06-20-2011, 01:50 PM
I needed a new car, didn't want to spend a lot of money, but didn't want to break down on the freeway regularly either. The Fit fit the bill! And with gas prices on the upswing, it was a no brainer.

Old 06-20-2011, 02:11 PM
5 Year Member
^ Luckily gas prices are coming back down... crude oil is in the $92/barrel range and dropping

Old 06-20-2011, 02:25 PM
5 Year Member
the fit provided the best combination of utility/cargo space, mpg, reliabilty, fun to drive factor and price.

Old 06-20-2011, 02:47 PM
5 Year Member
Why did you choose this car over some others?? Well I actually didn’t start by choosing the car, I started by choosing which motor for a future swap. As a Honda fan, of course I chose Honda’s K series. Then I asked myself which platform to put it into? What is uncommon? What is something new? What has been tracked and proven with this setup? My question was answered when I randomly stumbled upon J’s Racing Honda Fit one late evening.

the rest of my interview is found here
2008 Honda Fit Sport Custom Car

Old 06-22-2011, 03:17 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
i bought the GD cause i had a second kid and did not want to deal with the infant carrier in my G35C...and also buckling up a baby 5point in a coupe is a pita especially when raining and in a rush. another reason was that i had a 06 civic EX (AT) at the time and didnt like AT.

i bought the GE because i liked the GD a lot and my legacywagon went to craps.

Quick Reply: Why you buy the Honda Fit?