General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Official "ZOMG I saw a fit!!!" thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2006, 10:52 AM
Official "ZOMG I saw a fit!!!" thread

on my daily commute... a Honda Fit! And I commute on one of the busiest highways in the Greater East Bay area, 680 between Walnut Creek to Dublin. Sometimes it takes me over an hour and a half to do this 20 mile route! You'd think I'd see one by now! Those toyotas prius' rule the carpool lane, I'm really wondering if I've made the right choice.

Old 06-30-2006, 10:55 AM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
I have yet to see another Fit either man.. your not alone

Old 06-30-2006, 11:00 AM
5 Year Member
I saw one the other day as I was going home, gave them a little "honk honk" they waved back first one I've seen since getting mine.

Old 06-30-2006, 11:03 AM
since they have been out ive only seen two beside mine...I kinda like it like this though. I had a box when mine was the only one around also. Then everyone got one and had to get rid of mine..

Old 06-30-2006, 11:34 AM
I got one off the very first delivery into the Twin Cities (Mpls/St. Paul) and I haven't seen one either.

Old 06-30-2006, 11:49 AM
5 Year Member
i've seen a shitload haha, my neighbor even has one, too bad sh'es a 50 year old philipino lady =P i wonder if she has a daughter =P

Old 06-30-2006, 11:53 AM
I have seen one red Fit and one blue on my daily commutes via I-70 in Columbus, Ohio, as well as one blue in downtown Columbus (could be the same car??). Not too bad for this stage in the game!

Old 06-30-2006, 11:56 AM
5 Year Member
I saw a blue one at the Dublin post office. My 3rd Fit in 2 months.

Old 06-30-2006, 12:02 PM
I've only seen two in Dallas/Fort Worth.

Old 06-30-2006, 01:42 PM
Why would you see on a commute? I thought they where "chick" cars go cruse by a high school they should all be there Kidding aside I to have only seen one blue sports on the road and that lady is always eyes forward so no wave yet

Old 06-30-2006, 01:50 PM
June 2007 3rd Place Fit of the Month Winner
5 Year Member
Two blues. One waved at me. It's because dealerships don't have enough to sell. They've been on backorder. Just wait till fall and we'll see more.

Old 06-30-2006, 01:56 PM
I have one seen one on the road myself, but I think that will change in the near future

Old 06-30-2006, 04:03 PM
5 Year Member
I have seen quite a few around Los Altos and Palo Alto. I was at the Concourse de Elegance at Stanford last week and parked next to another White Fit! (it was a base, mine is sport...)

Old 06-30-2006, 04:14 PM
Build more cars!

I've only seen one, and it was driven by a woman. I have yet to buy a Fit, and am still considering whether or not to get one. As I've mentioned before, I think Honda has dropped the ball on getting this car to market. It's a catch 22 for Honda though, because they can't make any money if they don't sell cars, and they can't sell cars they haven't made, but if they provide too many, the price will go down. They need to find some middle ground. Unfortunately, the situation is definitely leaning to the "not making enough" scenario.

Honda shouldn't be worried though about making money on this car even when they sell it for less than MSRP, because they've long since recouped their investment on this design. Everything they build now of the current version is pretty much gravy in terms of profit.

To those of you who already have your Fit, and think it's great that they are so rare, think again if you want to customize your car. If there are very few Fits on the road, businesses have no compelling reason to make custom parts for a car that has a small customer base, and will generate very few sales.

Word to Honda....build more cars!

Old 06-30-2006, 04:50 PM
Originally Posted by crankshaft
I've only seen one, and it was driven by a woman. I have yet to buy a Fit, and am still considering whether or not to get one. As I've mentioned before, I think Honda has dropped the ball on getting this car to market. It's a catch 22 for Honda though, because they can't make any money if they don't sell cars, and they can't sell cars they haven't made, but if they provide too many, the price will go down. They need to find some middle ground. Unfortunately, the situation is definitely leaning to the "not making enough" scenario.

Honda shouldn't be worried though about making money on this car even when they sell it for less than MSRP, because they've long since recouped their investment on this design. Everything they build now of the current version is pretty much gravy in terms of profit.

To those of you who already have your Fit, and think it's great that they are so rare, think again if you want to customize your car. If there are very few Fits on the road, businesses have no compelling reason to make custom parts for a car that has a small customer base, and will generate very few sales.

Word to Honda....build more cars!
agreed.......but at the same time I am happy that there aren't that many on the road yet. I like having something different and I hate when something good gets overplayed by too many people having it.

I have yet to see one on the road, but a couple of my co-workers have seen them around town. One time my co-worker though it was me wizzing by and he was excited because he though: "Ted finally got his FIT!!"....but unfortunatly, it wasn't me

Old 06-30-2006, 04:52 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by pedaler
Those toyotas prius' rule the carpool lane, I'm really wondering if I've made the right choice.
Don't worry, that California hybrid carpool lane load of crap is going away soon.

Old 06-30-2006, 08:32 PM
Tucker2I have seen one red Fit and one blue on my daily commutes via I-70 in Columbus, Ohio, as well as one blue in downtown Columbus (could be the same car??). Not too bad for this stage in the game!
Hey! I'm the Storm Silver Fit driving around downtown and the East suburbs.

I have seen one NHBlack in Bexley and one VBP at the Port Columbus Airport, from Mansfield.

I imagine there will be many later. I see alot of pseudo Fits- Aveos, Vibes, Yaris.

Old 06-30-2006, 08:32 PM
5 Year Member
I had my first sighting about an hour ago. I was outside working in my garden and the Fit drove right past the house. And it was on a street where there is not much traffic - only the locals. I think they came by to check out my Fit!

Old 07-01-2006, 01:54 AM
Spotted in Austin, early June:

...and that's the only one I've seen.

Old 07-01-2006, 02:11 AM
Master FitFreaker
saw a couple now............

Quick Reply: Official "ZOMG I saw a fit!!!" thread