General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Pre-production 2014 Honda Fit Spotted in SoCal

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2013, 05:34 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Wanderer.
^Yes, looks like it, bottom right downturn muffler.

That is one thing I like about the GE, the muffler and cutout look thought-out and more classy than the random piece of metal thrown on the back of most B segment cars. The downside of it to me is it limits universal muffler choices a bit.
dang, that sucks. and look at that tiny tip.

anyway yah, the tanabe muffer i use fills the exhaust cutout perfectly and looks great.

my '12 is the last hatch of this class i buy for myself, so im fine with the new shape.

Old 10-09-2013, 06:29 PM
Administrator
Just noticed that the car my friend spotted has a wing but not the rear bumper pieces nor sideskirts that the RS I posted has.

Hmmmmmmm

Originally Posted by Triskelion
With the architecture of the bumper in your last photo, I guess that I could get used to the reflectors. But I am not a likely candidate for purchasing the next Fit edition considering the extremely low mileage that I have collected on my '09 Fit. If the '14 and later Fits offer some extremely interesting tech. options, I might be persuaded to trade up, but it would take some pretty extreme options.
We'll see what happens, I'm with you though I would rather just keep my GE for awhile

Originally Posted by martymcfly
"USDM" rear bumper? The "lines" in the rear bumper are different from the JDM version.
Interesting, might be some shadowing but we'll see

Originally Posted by MTLian
I'm not a huge fan of the compressing of the rear window. It gives the car more agressive lines but I don't like a small rear window, in fact that's what I hate the most of the Matrix and the Juke. The darn rear window is like 30% the size of the driver's window. Also, a small window mean a huge chunk of door under it, which I think looks stupid. Too much door between the wheel and the window. Not a fan of the new fit.
Good point, I have no idea why they would add those reflectors and compress the rear like that?

Originally Posted by martymcfly
After seeing cars in Brazil (including my GD1) I can see why USDM bumpers need to "beef up". Although cosmetic wise subjective opinion said USDM front/rear end don't look at good, the safety standard with stronger bumpers is important.

When a car is rear ended here (even at low speed), it eats into the tailgate/trunk. I know JDM conversion guys might not agree but I have seen enough the damage of even minor "fender bender" here.
Interesting assumption.

I think it might be partly to do with the shadowing from the sun

Originally Posted by FitStir
Damn, now that's a "spotted spy shot"!!!! You're friend has a good eye!!!

You can see the USDM rear is a little fatter...

Originally Posted by cjecpa
Maybe for the LA Auto Show in November.

The back looks like it goes straight down I like the way the rear wheel wells look on the GE8 kind of flare out.
I think it will most likely end up at the LA Auto Show, that would make sense for Honda

Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
I am as happy as I can be with the way my seven year old GD-3 looks.. I think that Honda got it right the first time on a lot of the new models introduced over the years, only to do unnecessary changes that did little if anything to improve what they started out with.. When they build a Fit with improvements in function and performance instead of styling gizmos and gadgetry, I might be inclined to drive to a dealership and check one out.
I agree it can be hard to justify buying a new car when you're already happy with yours and it's hopefully paid off too!

Originally Posted by zilla8
Nice catch!!! I'll have to see it in person and test drive one before I decide if I want to trade up.

I more of a clean and simple look kind of guy so It's a little busy for my taste but we will see
I will keep an eye out for more test vehicles, I see them in my area all the time

Originally Posted by kenchan
nice shot (again) waizzz.

yah, it does look quite busy and those holes in the bumper scream FAKE! vents...

and where's the exhaust cutout? do we get the bathtub faucet mufflers again like the GD's?

Oh crap, where is the exhaust? lol!

Old 10-09-2013, 08:05 PM
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
I am as happy as I can be with the way my seven year old GD-3 looks.. I think that Honda got it right the first time on a lot of the new models introduced over the years, only to do unnecessary changes that did little if anything to improve what they started out with.
I'd have to agree mostly. I think my GE looks porky next to some GDs. Part of that is the color.

I had a 2nd-gen CRX and it was larger (porkier?) than the 1st. But it also had more cargo room inside; a lot of space for such a sporty car.

The AutoWeek announcement, New Honda Fit on sale in summer 2014 - Autoweek says 28% better fuel economy across the range. I cannot tell if that range is the Fit models or the larger range of Hondas. If the 3rd gen has better aerodynamics and taler gear ratios for the manual transmission they would sure contribute to better economy.

Old 10-14-2013, 05:18 PM
Putting the two pictures together for comparison. It looks like this is actually the US fit, with left hand drive. If so, the JDM and US versions look like they will be much more similar than previous versions.

Name:  F146C1DB-2CE2-4346-A6E1-EC0A88B7129D-1706-000001A1F9CF9463_zpsb961a877.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  116.4 KB

Old 10-14-2013, 07:34 PM
The pre production 14 Fit could be a base, or a watered down RS.

I dont see that little line on the side of the rear bumper behind the tires thats on the orange one, VS the JDM RS.

Oh Honda, please please please remove your head out of your ass, you want younger buyers with "hipper" cars, then give us the JDM RS with US market safety.

If Honda manages to fuck this up, ill just go buy the Toyota Tacoma X-Runner. Honda needs to do something to the lower end of their cars or people will stop buying them. Toyota made Scion, Nissan is screwed, Toyota is SOL too. You either get cheap and underpowered or a Fit that lacks the appeal of the higher end Hondas, the new 2dr Accords, and Civic.

Old 10-15-2013, 12:03 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
bathtub faucet exhaust...

Originally Posted by Pedro S
Putting the two pictures together for comparison. It looks like this is actually the US fit, with left hand drive. If so, the JDM and US versions look like they will be much more similar than previous versions.

Old 10-15-2013, 01:19 PM
5 Year Member
Nice spotted pic. I really dislike the new fits. The rear looks like a Volvo station wagon like someone else said haha. I prefer the JDM RS if I really had to choose. But eh, I really love my GD3

Old 10-17-2013, 07:42 PM
5 Year Member
Look like a base, no side skirts and small/no roof spoiler.

Also smallish rims. Hopefully the sport looks a lot better. The usdm fat bumper makes an already busy rear end look even more overly busy.

In for front shots!

Old 10-17-2013, 09:42 PM
5 Year Member
What are your all's thoughts on the cheapish Toyota copy doors extending into the roof? I HATE IT!!! I went to a nearby Honda dealer to have a HID replacement on the Odyssey and there were 3 RS Fits waiting for the owners to come pick them up after the prepping. I of course had to take a gander, overall the car looks pretty good, but IMO my current GE8 with the J's clothing takes a huge shit all over the new one. For me, the 2nd gen (not counting the USDM 2nd gen, that long nose is hideous) is the best of the 3 and I know others will see things differently, but it is what it is for me.

Onto those doors, with the visors covering up the body coloring (somewhat helps), it then throws off the line of the black and it just looks ignorant to my eyes. I really have no idea why Honda went the way of Toyota on the cheap looking doors/roof line. This alone would ever keep me from buying a new Fit, I seriously hate it that much. The only thing I really want out of the new Fit is the new engine and tranny, besides that Honda can keep this thing. With it being a DOHC and coming with 130ps to start and torque improvements, I'm sure this engine is just waiting to be worked on unlike the previous 2 L15s.

Me personally, I'm waiting on the new N Sport (Beat) that is to be released shortly. It's just a kei (660cc), but I would love to see what it can do and Honda is moving back to their true fun to drive nature. FINALLY!!!

Old 10-17-2013, 10:32 PM
5 Year Member
Personally, I prefer the longer nosed usdm sport as it makes the car look more mature but still fun. My opinion, not bashing on the jdm fit.

The third gen looks okay in the front, but the back just looks like a squished up sad face, likes it's saying "kill me now"

Old 10-19-2013, 07:58 AM
5 Year Member
That is definitely a US-market 2015 Honda Fit. The obvious giveaway is the longer rear bumper, which is required for the car to meet NHTSA safety regulations.

My guess is the drivetrain will only be one choice for the hatchback: 1.5-liter Earth Dreams Technology I-4 rated at 123 bhp with either CVT automatic or six-speed manual transmissions. The sedan version--which we may see possibly as early as NAIAS in January 2014--may offer as an option the hydrid drivetrain found on JDM Fits.

Old 10-19-2013, 12:55 PM
Originally Posted by 555sexydrive
What are your all's thoughts on the cheapish Toyota copy doors extending into the roof? I HATE IT!!! I went to a nearby Honda dealer to have a HID replacement on the Odyssey and there were 3 RS Fits waiting for the owners to come pick them up after the prepping. I of course had to take a gander, overall the car looks pretty good, but IMO my current GE8 with the J's clothing takes a huge shit all over the new one. For me, the 2nd gen (not counting the USDM 2nd gen, that long nose is hideous) is the best of the 3 and I know others will see things differently, but it is what it is for me.

Onto those doors, with the visors covering up the body coloring (somewhat helps), it then throws off the line of the black and it just looks ignorant to my eyes. I really have no idea why Honda went the way of Toyota on the cheap looking doors/roof line. This alone would ever keep me from buying a new Fit, I seriously hate it that much. The only thing I really want out of the new Fit is the new engine and tranny, besides that Honda can keep this thing. With it being a DOHC and coming with 130ps to start and torque improvements, I'm sure this engine is just waiting to be worked on unlike the previous 2 L15s.

Me personally, I'm waiting on the new N Sport (Beat) that is to be released shortly. It's just a kei (660cc), but I would love to see what it can do and Honda is moving back to their true fun to drive nature. FINALLY!!!
I hadnt really noticed the door line till you mentioned it, but I must admit I like the cleaner line of the GE. The volvo like tail lights and nissan note face annoy me more... but I didnt buy the car on looks

Im keen to see what aftermarket parts come out for it but Im likely leaving mine pretty stock as it was bought as the family car so has to be behave and not be too noisy/annoying.

I would think carefully about the Nsports, one of my cars is a tuned cappuccino and while its lots of fun the practicality of it is honestly comparable to a motor bike that cant lane split. strictly 2 seater and cargo space of a shoe box means you really cant use it for anything except driving.

Old 10-27-2013, 09:54 PM
Does this mean we may see a 2014 available in the US before the end of the year?

I'm in the market for a new car and quickly zeroed it down to a Fit (I currently have a 2001 honda civic that is on its last leg unfortunately).

I was all set to buy a 2013 Fit until I read about the upcoming changes in the 2014, but I cant seem to get any clear info on when it will be available. Some reports say before the end of the year, others say at the start of 2014, some say summer, and others still say Honda will skip 2014 all together and release the new fit as a 2015 model. And none of the dealerships I've spoken to seem to be any help (they all just want me to be a 2013 right now, obviously).

So - anyone have any ideas?
Thanks.

Old 10-28-2013, 05:55 AM
Originally Posted by AustinDriver
Does this mean we may see a 2014 available in the US before the end of the year?

I'm in the market for a new car and quickly zeroed it down to a Fit (I currently have a 2001 honda civic that is on its last leg unfortunately).

I was all set to buy a 2013 Fit until I read about the upcoming changes in the 2014, but I cant seem to get any clear info on when it will be available. Some reports say before the end of the year, others say at the start of 2014, some say summer, and others still say Honda will skip 2014 all together and release the new fit as a 2015 model. And none of the dealerships I've spoken to seem to be any help (they all just want me to be a 2013 right now, obviously).

So - anyone have any ideas?
Thanks.
I ordered mine in Sept and was due about a week ago and was delayed due to some issue with production. Im in Osaka and they are being made in Suzuka (about a 2 hour drive from here)

I cant imagine they will be released in the US in 2013, from what Ive read its more like 2nd or 3rd quarter 2014 for you guys at the earliest.

Old 10-28-2013, 10:09 AM
Thanks so much for the info.

Does Honda normally stay tight lipped about release dates, or should North America get some concrete info in the coming months?

I guess now I need to decide if it's worth the risk to wait until next summer.... not sure it's even up to me, my transmission seems to have plans of its own.

Old 10-28-2013, 10:17 AM
no idea on dates really, I think the main delays will be getting it up to US standards with crash testing etc first? but with no date for release yet I would say its atleast a while off yet.

Old 10-28-2013, 01:12 PM
Administrator
No idea on release dates either, I am not excited at all to learn that this generation will be built in Mexico instead of Japan

Old 10-28-2013, 03:17 PM
Originally Posted by Waizzz
I am not excited at all to learn that this generation will be built in Mexico instead of Japan
It wouldn't be my preference... but there are plenty of things to like, like the inclusion of the 'earth dreams' tech (ridiculous name, but I like the tech from what I know about it), and the claimed 28% higher fuel economy.

I'm very tempted to go buy a 2013 Fit right now, I can get a decent deal on one it seems ($16.5K baseAT / $17.9K sportAT)
On the one hand there is a proven track record of a solid build in the 2013, or I can wait for the newest tech in the 2014.

I hate making decisions like this - especially when we don't have the information we really need to make an 'informed' decision.
It's all just guess work.

Last edited by AustinDriver; 10-28-2013 at 03:21 PM.
Old 11-04-2013, 09:11 AM
Originally Posted by AustinDriver
I'm very tempted to go buy a 2013 Fit right now, I can get a decent deal on one it seems ($16.5K baseAT / $17.9K sportAT)
On the one hand there is a proven track record of a solid build in the 2013, or I can wait for the newest tech in the 2014.
I thought I read we get the new generation Fit as a 2015. since my 2010 Fit Sport lease is up in February, it's a moot point for me. I'd like better gas mileage, but I drove a CVT a couple of months ago and really didn't like it. I drove a Golf TDI dual-clutch automatic this weekend and it has both the MPG I want plus more get up and go. I see myself either buying out the 2010 Fit and waiting for the Golf GTD or just going for the TDI sport wagon. it's only $800 more than the TDI Golf I know it's major move up in price, but I can't find another option that gets both the fuel mileage and fits my German Shepard in the back

Old 11-04-2013, 10:29 AM
5 Year Member
I looked at the TDI Sportwagen back when I brought my Fit in 2012. I really like the car but had some fears on reliability. A good forum for research TDIClub Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Last edited by cjecpa; 11-04-2013 at 10:37 AM.

Quick Reply: Pre-production 2014 Honda Fit Spotted in SoCal