General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

My First Fit

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2013, 01:24 PM
This thread is now about purple Silvias, VS-KFs and Japanese circuits. Yay!

Old 11-18-2013, 04:43 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Japan Tragic
I didnt know they had a go-kart track out there!

Im a little snobby with my tracks and dont rate Maishimas old airport strip much so havent been there for a long time (>_<)
Haha it's understandable! It's more autocross than a real track :P

But yes, they have a kart track out there.

Name:  IMG_4477_zps4b2653a7.jpg
Views: 1411
Size:  114.2 KB

When I feel like taking the ladies out to something more adrenaline inducing than USJ haha

Old 11-24-2013, 01:24 AM
Originally Posted by Wanderer.
This thread is now about purple Silvias, VS-KFs and Japanese circuits. Yay!
haha sorry about that, Im easily lead astray.

here are a couple more pics of the car with a couple of the small parts I was waiting on. spot the difference? very minor

Name:  O1Z06yJ.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  928.0 KB

Name:  VLDcb6W.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  660.6 KB

that will pretty much be it, planning on some kind of exhaust in the future and maybe space the rear wheels out about 10mm more.

Old 11-24-2013, 12:44 PM
I was actually hoping the thread would stray there, I wasn't being sarcastic LOL would like to see more on the Silvias. Threads on other forums?

Old 11-24-2013, 04:00 PM
5 Year Member
Drifting 101 on a Fit... brings both topics back together.

Old 11-24-2013, 08:07 PM
not really any threads on my silvias as they are always changing and I cant be bothered updating threads etc

there hasnt been any vids of my cars for a while as I dont really do them and a combo of unlucky timing with media guys at the track and Im doing more street driving lately means not much footage lately.

here is a search on youtube as its easier than linking the different vids

streeter meihan - YouTube

Old 12-04-2013, 08:55 PM
5 Year Member
Is the engine in your car the 1500CC? what is the horsepower rating? Just curious if it is the same as the engine we will get in USA next year. Great looking car!

Old 12-04-2013, 09:04 PM
Originally Posted by siguy
Is the engine in your car the 1500CC? what is the horsepower rating? Just curious if it is the same as the engine we will get in USA next year. Great looking car!
the one I got was the RS which is non hybrid and 1500cc. From what I hear US will not be getting the Hybrid which leaves the 1300cc and 1500cc cars.

the 1300cc is rated at 100hp, the 1500cc is rated at 132hp

CVT is very CVT, I dont like it much. If you can get a manual it will be nicer to drive. I lucked out as the misses is auto only and so I didnt have a choice, so far thats my only real regret with the car.

Old 12-04-2013, 09:38 PM
Backward entry

Great stuff. Fit looks good too, I wasn't sure how I was going to feel about the new one but just needs a drop like all the other Fits before it to look decent... oh and the wheels.

Old 12-05-2013, 12:43 AM
5 Year Member
the one I got was the RS which is non hybrid and 1500cc. From what I hear US will not be getting the Hybrid which leaves the 1300cc and 1500cc cars.

the 1300cc is rated at 100hp, the 1500cc is rated at 132hp

CVT is very CVT, I dont like it much. If you can get a manual it will be nicer to drive. I lucked out as the misses is auto only and so I didnt have a choice, so far thats my only real regret with the car.
Wait a minute...didn't you say in another post the CVT in your Fit shifts really fast? So you used to like it and now you don't?

Old 12-05-2013, 12:57 AM
Originally Posted by FIT4LIFE
Wait a minute...didn't you say in another post the CVT in your Fit shifts really fast? So you used to like it and now you don't?
in "sports" mode where it pretends to have gears it does shift very quick, but its no manual and still has that horrible clutch slipping feel when in normal "drive" mode. Im sure anyone on here with a CVT fit knows exactly what Im talking about.

If you dont mind the old CVT feeling then the new one shouldnt bother you either. I would have much preferred a manual given the choice.

Its more my hate on any auto than particularly the CVT in the fit.

Old 12-05-2013, 02:32 AM
5 Year Member
in "sports" mode where it pretends to have gears it does shift very quick, but its no manual and still has that horrible clutch slipping feel when in normal "drive" mode. Im sure anyone on here with a CVT fit knows exactly what Im talking about.

If you dont mind the old CVT feeling then the new one shouldnt bother you either. I would have much preferred a manual given the choice.

Its more my hate on any auto than particularly the CVT in the fit.

Honda says the new Earth Dreams CVT's nearly eliminate all the negatives of previous CVT's (rubber banding, clutch slippage feeling), etc. I've driven the 2013 Accord with the Earth Dreams CVT and it drives/performs fantastic. Way better than any "geared" transmission I've driven.

Honda just installed the Earth Dreams CVT on the 2014 USDM Civic lineup and will also come on the all-new 2015 Fit expected to go on sale here next spring. Motortrend did a test drive review of the '14 Civic with the Earth Dreams CVT and they came away incredibly impressed with its performance (there comments: super super smooth and increased overall performance compared to the old 5 speed automatic).

No matter, it's pretty subjective.

Old 12-05-2013, 03:00 AM
Originally Posted by FIT4LIFE
Honda says the new Earth Dreams CVT's nearly eliminate all the negatives of previous CVT's (rubber banding, clutch slippage feeling), etc. I've driven the 2013 Accord with the Earth Dreams CVT and it drives/performs fantastic. Way better than any "geared" transmission I've driven.

Honda just installed the Earth Dreams CVT on the 2014 USDM Civic lineup and will also come on the all-new 2015 Fit expected to go on sale here next spring. Motortrend did a test drive review of the '14 Civic with the Earth Dreams CVT and they came away incredibly impressed with its performance (there comments: super super smooth and increased overall performance compared to the old 5 speed automatic).

No matter, it's pretty subjective.

exactly, Im not the best person to ask opinion about autos, in my opinion even any super car with out a clutch pedal is the same as driving those 4 cycle go karts around. Feels like there is a huge loss of control and I really dont like it at all.

havent experienced the rubber banding so I guess thats sorted. I think all CVTs have that clutch slipping feeling on principal as thats how they work. ie. keep the engine at a set RPM as the car accelerates and can alter the RPM to best suit power/economy depending on throttle position.

If you are happy with how a CVT drives Im sure you would be happy with the new fit CVT as it seems to do everything its meant to. I just dont like autos

Old 12-05-2013, 06:50 PM
5 Year Member
You really made the 3rd gen look nice despite the ugly pre-release photos that Honda put out. From that one angle it kinda looks like a mini-Odyssey.

Old 12-05-2013, 08:03 PM
Originally Posted by jmsplitfyre
You really made the 3rd gen look nice despite the ugly pre-release photos that Honda put out. From that one angle it kinda looks like a mini-Odyssey.
really not much difference, literally lowered and nicer wheels and thats all (I think the wheel choice from Honda was really bad)

Im keen to do a little more to make it different from the million other fits that are going to start popping up but not that much on the market yet.

Old 04-18-2017, 01:24 PM
Hi

haha sorry about that, Im easily lead astray.

here are a couple more pics of the car with a couple of the small parts I was waiting on. spot the difference? very minor

that will pretty much be it, planning on some kind of exhaust in the future and maybe space the rear wheels out about 10mm more.
​​​​​​Dude, what rims are these? Size and offset? Thanks!!

Old 04-18-2017, 03:48 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by frui7cak3
​​​​​​Dude, what rims are these? Size and offset? Thanks!!
It is literally in the FIRST POST OF THE THREAD.

Ugh.

Old 05-09-2017, 09:47 PM
5 Year Member
A beautiful car, but why the cvt? I know you can order a 6 speed manual for an RS as well as flappy paddles (no thanks), and the CVT on what is supposed to be a hot hatchback seems a bit out of place.

That's why I didn't pay the extra money for an RS. It's like a hot hatch, but 130 bhp is like yesteryear's version of a hot hatch.

I surely do like the color, though. The slammed look also really looks good.

Last edited by Belch; 05-09-2017 at 09:53 PM.