General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Honda Fit baseball cap

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2016, 11:24 AM
Honda Fit baseball cap

I've been looking for a Fit cap for awhile now. Couldn't find them anywhere except for one on Amazon, but that one is unavailable for purchase - and an ugly black one on Ebay. None at the Honda apparel website either.

Anyway, I'm getting my oil changed at the dealership and lo and behold there's a Fit cap hanging next to the parts counter alongside other Honda caps. It's in the color I'm looking for too. I asked the parts guy if he had any more and he said no - it's the only one he's ever seen. So I snatched it up for $13 but I'm wondering why aren't there more Fit caps available?

Attached Thumbnails Honda Fit baseball cap-80-fit_cap2_f5808257f6fa9e1ad317183caac0fe9bae3b0fd8.jpg  
Old 09-30-2016, 08:51 PM
5 Year Member
Cool find!

Old 10-06-2016, 04:34 PM
5 Year Member
Cool hat, but as to your question of why there aren't more... I'm guessing that the folks on this forum are a little more... fanatical... than the average Fit owner. There's always the option of having your own set made in a group order or something!

Old 10-07-2016, 11:13 AM
5 Year Member
The strange thing about the Honda Fit?

Is in some circles, those that follow sub-compacts and hatchs, The Fit is well known and respected.

But I've talked to a lot of people that when I told them I was driving a "Honda Fit" did not even know anything about them .

I think it's a result of small hatches, falling underneath the radar of many people, coupled with the rather frugal and limited advertising support Honda seems to throw The Fits way.

I've had people tell me they didn't even realize Honda made something called "The Fit".

Since I've long thought The Fit, was a great vehicle, I've also always been disappointed in the level of support Honda seems to outwardly demonstrate for what I think is a class leading product.

I think it's one of the best subcompact hatches anyone can buy, and yet it seems to me sometimes like Honda hides the fact.

Old 10-14-2016, 11:26 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fitchet
The strange thing about the Honda Fit?

Is in some circles, those that follow sub-compacts and hatchs, The Fit is well known and respected.

But I've talked to a lot of people that when I told them I was driving a "Honda Fit" did not even know anything about them .

I think it's a result of small hatches, falling underneath the radar of many people, coupled with the rather frugal and limited advertising support Honda seems to throw The Fits way.

I've had people tell me they didn't even realize Honda made something called "The Fit".

Since I've long thought The Fit, was a great vehicle, I've also always been disappointed in the level of support Honda seems to outwardly demonstrate for what I think is a class leading product.

I think it's one of the best subcompact hatches anyone can buy, and yet it seems to me sometimes like Honda hides the fact.
Yeah. Even dealers seem to always want to upgrade you up to the civic. I test drove the new fit a few days ago and the salesman was telling me the civic was better haha.

People just don't educate themselves. They let marketing and branding educate them.

The fit is a superb car but not so popular in North America. In japan, it's currently #3 in sales though

Old 10-15-2016, 09:51 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Mr.Impreza
The fit is a superb car but not so popular in North America. In japan, it's currently #3 in sales though
Just a speculative question.
Do you think it's popularity in Japan is based primarily on it just being a good product?

I've done some travel in my life. The UK and Ireland. And in both those locations I saw a whole lot more people that seemed to own at least ONE sub-compact vehicle.

I attributed it to two things. Gasoline prices being higher/carbon tax and especially in Ireland/London...a lot of area's where small side streets and narrow area's made owning a sub-compact if you travel in those area's almost a must.

Just walking around I was impressed, if not a little jealous at all the sub-compact vehicle options that seemed to not only be popular but exist.

Driving past a London suburb I noticed a lot of homes that seemed to have two vehicles. One larger vehicle...and a satellite vehicle that was a sub-compact, I'm assuming used for back and forth to work and when traveling in congested area's.

In North America, it's my observation that for good or bad, we still embrace the "Open Praire" attitude. So you'll see big SUV's driving through congested cities and trying to park in crowded parking garages.

Seems much more in North America, you have to want a sub-compact because you WANT a sub-compact.
I think the popularity will always exist at some level. For many it's a good entry level choice. But people do get steered into "bigger" options routinely.

Lucky for me, I like sub-compacts.

Old 10-17-2016, 11:56 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fitchet
Just a speculative question.
Do you think it's popularity in Japan is based primarily on it just being a good product?

I've done some travel in my life. The UK and Ireland. And in both those locations I saw a whole lot more people that seemed to own at least ONE sub-compact vehicle.

I attributed it to two things. Gasoline prices being higher/carbon tax and especially in Ireland/London...a lot of area's where small side streets and narrow area's made owning a sub-compact if you travel in those area's almost a must.

Just walking around I was impressed, if not a little jealous at all the sub-compact vehicle options that seemed to not only be popular but exist.

Driving past a London suburb I noticed a lot of homes that seemed to have two vehicles. One larger vehicle...and a satellite vehicle that was a sub-compact, I'm assuming used for back and forth to work and when traveling in congested area's.

In North America, it's my observation that for good or bad, we still embrace the "Open Praire" attitude. So you'll see big SUV's driving through congested cities and trying to park in crowded parking garages.

Seems much more in North America, you have to want a sub-compact because you WANT a sub-compact.
I think the popularity will always exist at some level. For many it's a good entry level choice. But people do get steered into "bigger" options routinely.

Lucky for me, I like sub-compacts.
Yeah, I agree with your points.

I feel like the only reason sub-compacts are not as popular in our countries is due to 3 main reasons.

1. Safety - People always assume small cars are dangerous.

2. Slow - People assume that because the car only has 130hp (3rd gen fit) it won't be able to keep up with traffic.

3. Cheap - We live in a society where people want to be viewed as successful. It's why Luxury cars are so popular. (SUV's fall into this category also) "Look at me, I have an expensive car...I must be better than you" With a subcompact car people assume automatically that you either don't care about cars or your poor which in a many cases is false.

~

However there are many positives. People who actually research and understand cars will know know that the Honda Fit is a very good car. It's more practical than most sedans, has enough power for daily speed limits and is actually safe.
Plus, it looks so cool. The sub-compacts have been really cool looking cars.

Old 06-08-2023, 08:01 AM
You can buy a designer baseball caps from various places, both online and offline. If you prefer online shopping, there are numerous e-commerce websites where you can find a wide range of baseball caps, such as Amazon, eBay, and specialized sports retailers like Dick's Sporting Goods or Fanatics. These platforms provide you with a vast selection of brands, styles, and prices, allowing you to compare options and choose the one that suits your preferences. Additionally, you can check the official websites of sports teams or brands that sell baseball caps directly. If you prefer an in-person shopping experience, you can visit sports apparel stores, department stores, or even specialty hat shops in your local area. Major retail chains like Walmart, Target, or sporting goods stores like Sports Authority often carry a variety of baseball caps as well. Don't forget to consider local sports merchandise shops or team stores at stadiums, as they may have exclusive designs or merchandise related to your favorite team.

Old 06-08-2023, 05:36 PM
5 Year Member
I bought the same cap from eBay. I love having it, but I hate wearing caps!