General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Door locked didnt not flash once

Old 11-26-2017, 11:54 AM
Door locked didnt not flash once

Hi!

HONDA FIT SPORT 2009 SILVER.

When I used my remote control to unlocked the door and the headlight flashes twice and its good. However, when I use the remote control to locked the door. It locked but didnt see headlight flash once. Whats wrong ? Perhaps blow Fuse ?

If so I dont know which one.. There are too many fuse in the box. Sorry about my English.

Old 12-02-2017, 01:12 PM
Hello ? Please help me out to resolve this mystery issue ?

Old 12-02-2017, 02:19 PM
5 Year Member
I don't think it's the headlights that flash, but there should be some light that flashes once to acknowledge it has locked.

If you're not getting the single flash from any exterior light, it probably thinks one of the doors is still open.

Make sure all doors are closed, but not locked, step away from the car and hit the lock button. If no lights flash, test all 4 doors and the hatch and see if any are still unlocked.

I don't see this being a fuse issue.

Also, out of curiosity, try hitting the lock button twice. It should sound the horn on the second push of the lock button

Old 12-03-2017, 02:53 PM
Originally Posted by GAFIT
I don't think it's the headlights that flash, but there should be some light that flashes once to acknowledge it has locked.

If you're not getting the single flash from any exterior light, it probably thinks one of the doors is still open.

Make sure all doors are closed, but not locked, step away from the car and hit the lock button. If no lights flash, test all 4 doors and the hatch and see if any are still unlocked.

Also, out of curiosity, try hitting the lock button twice. It should sound the horn on the second push of the lock button
Hi. Thanks for replying asap. No, I did checked every doors including trunk and all are closed tightly and unlocked.

So I unlocked every doors again and step away from the door and hit the lock button.I can hear them locked but there is no lights flash once, I test all 4 doors and the hatch and they are locked after hit the lock button.

And I try hitting the lock button twice while the doors are already locked and I still heard them locked again. No sound the horn on the 2nd push at all. Maybe different alarm ? I doubt. Same alarm. Here:

Old 12-04-2017, 07:31 AM
I sent the message and administrator awaiting my approval. It is not here yet.

Old 12-04-2017, 07:36 AM

Okay.. I type the message again.

Hi, thanks for replying asap.

Yes, all the doors are closed tightly. Even the hatch too. When I closed all dooors but not locked, I did step away as you said from the car and hit the lock button. It locked all doors as I heard it but didnt see the light flash and all are still locked as I make sure.

I tried to hit the lock button twice WHILE THE DOORS ARE LOCKED and the light flash twice and still heard the doors being locked anyway but no sound the horn on the second push of the lock button at all.

Last edited by azoreseuropa; 12-04-2017 at 08:08 AM.
Old 12-04-2017, 06:26 PM
5 Year Member
Sorry, I don't have an answer, but my guess is that one of the door/hatch/hood sensors is not working since it's not able to give you the honk to acknowledge all is good.

Old 12-04-2017, 06:28 PM
Sorry, I don't have an answer, but my guess is that one of the door/hatch/hood sensors is not working since it's not able to give you the honk to acknowledge all is good.
What about you ? Does your flash light once when the 4 doors locked ?

Old 12-04-2017, 06:35 PM
5 Year Member
Ours is a 2008, but yes. It flashes the parking lights once when locked and honks if the button is pushed twice.

Maybe check the sensor for the hood. I think that not getting the horn on the second click means it's unable to activate the alarm system for some reason.

Old 12-04-2017, 06:36 PM
Ours is a 2008, but yes. It flashes the parking lights once when locked and honks if the button is pushed twice.

Maybe check the sensor for the hood. I think that not getting the horn on the second click means it's unable to activate the alarm system for some reason.
Hm... Help me out ? I bought this car few weeks ago, thats why. I dont know where is the sensor for the hood.

Old 12-05-2017, 08:22 AM
5 Year Member
If you just bought the car, take it back to the place you bought it and have them look at it.

If that's not an option, take it to a Honda dealer or a mechanic.

Old 12-05-2017, 09:19 AM
Take it to a Honda dealer or a mechanic will cost me. I dont want that. I always replace oil, headlights and etc so I know how to take care of my car since I had 2 cars over 15 years. Now this is the third card and first time I have experience with it. Can you tell me where is the sensor for the hood ? I can take a look at it. I am not a rookie.

Old 12-05-2017, 09:36 AM
5 Year Member
I just popped the hood on mine and it took literally 30 seconds for me to determine that the sensor is part of the latch mechanism.

Why don't you go out and spend some time with your car. Get to know it.

Old 12-05-2017, 09:41 AM
Yeah, I am going to do that, GAFIT. Before I do that, the sensor is so new to me. I had two cars and came with car alarm only so I know about them but not this one with sensor. For the sensor, I am not sure where. Where does sensor locate in the hood ? Thats all I want to know so I can check it out myself. After that, I wont bother you further.

Last edited by azoreseuropa; 12-05-2017 at 03:11 PM.
Old 12-06-2017, 10:31 AM
5 Year Member
As stated above, the sensor is part of the latch mechanism.

Look at where the hood latches to the car, between the radiator support and front bumper. Make sure that it's in place and being signaled when the hood is closed.

This sensor may or may not be the problem though. It could be any door sensor or the hatch sensor. Every opening on the car has a sensor somewhere.

After you eliminate every one of those, you would then need to consider other possible reasons.

In the end, you should probably just take it to a competent mechanic or just drop the whole issue. As long as the doors are locking, does it really matter? The alarm offers little protection.

Old 12-06-2017, 10:48 AM

Look at where the hood latches to the car, between the radiator support and front bumper. Make sure that it's in place and being signaled when the hood is closed.

This sensor may or may not be the problem though. It could be any door sensor or the hatch sensor. Every opening on the car has a sensor somewhere.

After you eliminate every one of those, you would then need to consider other possible reasons.

In the end, you should probably just take it to a competent mechanic or just drop the whole issue. As long as the doors are locking, does it really matter? The alarm offers little protection.
Thank you. That's all I want to know. Much obliged!

Old 12-07-2017, 11:55 AM
5 Year Member

Look at where the hood latches to the car, between the radiator support and front bumper.
Interesting, about the hood latch sensor, didn't know the Fit had one...went down to my garage, popped the hood release (didn't open hood, just released from in car) and, dang...lights flash when unlocking, but nothing when locking even though it locks. Didn't feel the need to search for the sensor, but it's there for whatever reason. Thanks, GAFIT, I strive to learn something new every day, and I learned something new....and I don't have to work the next 3 nights.....somebody fetch me a horn of mead 😎

Old 12-19-2017, 03:52 PM
Thank you for mentioning "hood latch sensor' and I told them about it. Finally, it is being resolved. Thanks to the mechanic found the hood latch sensor is at fault and is replacing it. Now everything's in working order!

Last edited by azoreseuropa; 12-19-2017 at 03:54 PM.