car does not start and computer scanner does not read ecu - Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Go Back  Unofficial Honda FIT Forums > The Honda Fit and Jazz Forums > General Fit Talk
Reload this Page >

car does not start and computer scanner does not read ecu

General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

car does not start and computer scanner does not read ecu

Reply

 
 
 
  #1  
Old 01-14-2018, 07:10 AM
New Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Saint lucia
Posts: 14
car does not start and computer scanner does not read ecu

good day guys i my honda fit cranks but dies not start. we have check the furl pump replaced it same thing. the relays checked, fuses checked same thing. it was then said that it was the ecu thats the problem becuz it was hot. i got a mechanic to use a scan tool to check the problem the scanner cud not connect with the ecu. tried another ecu same result gets heated and does not connect so we cannot get an idea of the problem. what do u advise that we do next
 
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-15-2018, 12:24 AM
New Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Saint lucia
Posts: 14
i have the same problem

i have the very same issue so i am.awaiting on what should my next move be
 
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-15-2018, 09:03 AM
SR14626's Avatar
Member
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Dunedin, Florida
Posts: 61
One post on this same subject is enough my friend.
 
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-15-2018, 10:00 AM
New Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Saint lucia
Posts: 14
Originally Posted by SR14626 View Post
One post on this same subject is enough my friend.
do you have any possible insight on the matter
 
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-15-2018, 03:43 PM
New Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Saint lucia
Posts: 14
Originally Posted by SR14626 View Post
One post on this same subject is enough my friend.
Originally Posted by Tawo View Post
good day guys i my honda fit cranks but dies not start. we have check the furl pump replaced it same thing. the relays checked, fuses checked same thing. it was then said that it was the ecu thats the problem becuz it was hot. i got a mechanic to use a scan tool to check the problem the scanner cud not connect with the ecu. tried another ecu same result gets heated and does not connect so we cannot get an idea of the problem. what do u advise that we do next
update: tried a scan tool again could not connect but the mechanic says there is no check engine light. what could cause this?
 
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-19-2018, 04:19 PM
Uncle Gary's Avatar
Member
5 Year Member
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Upstate New York
Posts: 2,245
I'm not sure, but I suspect a disconnected wire somewhere. Check for rodent damage maybe? I'm told mice find the insulation Honda uses on their wiring to be very tasty.
 
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-19-2018, 06:48 PM
Member
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Foothills of the Smokies, east Tennessee
Posts: 630
Originally Posted by Uncle Gary View Post
I'm not sure, but I suspect a disconnected wire somewhere. Check for rodent damage maybe? I'm told mice find the insulation Honda uses on their wiring to be very tasty.
Rodent damage not outside of the realm of possibility .....I had a '93 Celica burn it's electrical system up due to what was said to be chewed wiring. Of course, this happened AFTER the end of my shift, so I was stuck at work for a while.....when I got to work the evening before, the power door locks wouldn't work, figured, minor deal, locked it manually and figured I'd deal with it. Went to start it to go home in the a.m., no go and smoke coming from underhood.....had it towed to my mechanic, chewed/burnt wiring was the issue, and would've cost more to fix than the car was worth....and so it goes. Loved that car, but not enough to fix it LOL. On a newer car, yeah, I'd get to the bottom of it
 
Reply With Quote
Reply
 
 
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
dantok
2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Sub-Forum
3
04-22-2018 02:08 AM
melissaland
1st Generation (GD 01-08)
95
04-11-2018 01:46 AM
KeoRS
1st Generation (GD 01-08)
3
10-28-2017 09:37 AM
hamidtariq82
Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning
1
03-10-2017 04:09 PM
nielmot
1st Generation (GD 01-08)
6
09-02-2016 07:16 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread