1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

fit does not start and scan tool cannot connect to.find the issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2018, 12:36 AM
fit does not start and scan tool cannot connect to.find the issue

hey guys, while driving home 1 day my honda fit died on me. first it cut off and then i started it again it drove for a few and died again. finally i started it and it drove me home but it died in the drive way and to this day it has not been able to start.
my honda fit cranks but does not start. we have check the fuel pump replaced it and no change. the relays checked, fuses checked same thing. battery is good. it was then said that it was the ecu thats the problem becuz it was hot. i got a mechanic to use a scan tool to check the problem the scanner cud not connect with the ecu. tried another ecu same result, scanner does not connect so we cannot get an idea of the problem. what do u advise that we do next because am a bit frustrated with the guessing game by the mechanics

Old 04-15-2018, 06:34 AM
5 Year Member
Rather than use the "parts cannon" to shoot at the issue, why not just tow it to another mechanic to properly troubleshoot the symptom?

Not all problems generate codes. For example, a bad ignition switch could cause the engine to 'die'. But that should be properly diagnosed.

Old 04-16-2018, 04:12 PM
On other Honda's that I've had, a bad ignition switch (the switch part that twists behind your ignition key) goes bad and some contacts no longer conduct. This would cause no-start and sudden shut-off when driving issues. Not common but not rare either. If you can't find a code and can't confirm, have the ignition switch checked out.

You can't connect to the ECU if your ignition is off. Its sounding more and more like the ignition switch.

Last edited by GQ_Style; 04-16-2018 at 04:15 PM.