Honda Fit Dealer Reviews Here is your chance to vent bad experiences with your local dealer or praise them for exceptional service! Please include the Dealer name, City, State and Country in the Title of your post. Help fellow FitFreaks find good dealers and avoid bad ones.

Honda of Clear Lake

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 09:35 AM
5 Year Member
Thumbs down Honda of Clear Lake

I almost got hosed at Honda of Clear Lake. They were so pushy that my wife and I were up there for 3 1/2 HOURS! They would not let me leave until I signed the paperwork. I still didn't take the car home that night so I didn't have to go through with the deal. They put stuff on my tab that I didn't ask for. "Free oil changes for life"? It's not "free" when I got to pay $170 extra for it. Then they wouldn't take it off. The only positive experience I had while I was there was the Fleet Mgr. Dr. Will Hensley. He was a straight up guy that seemed to be on my side of the table. But I can tell you one thing, I will NEVER go back to that place.

Sincerely,
Proud owner of an 08' Blackberry Pearl Fit from McDavid Honda!

Old 12-25-2007, 04:34 PM
5 Year Member
sounds like a very bad experience. but congrats on your purchase. *from another dealer*

Old 05-04-2012, 09:25 AM
I got my fit from Honda Clear Lake and they were trying to rip me off at every turn. I bought a new 2011 almost a year ago, only chose them because there were the only place in town with a manual sport. When I was looking over the papers they added on all sorts of things that weren't on the car, like "all season protection package" or the oil changes for life. There were no all season floor mats or mud flaps or anything, i told the salesman and he just looked at me like a deer in the headlights and said "there isn't?". If I hadn't looked over all the charges I would have paid almost $1,000 more and would have received nothing extra. Not to mention they automatically add on those stupid data dots and tint so you can't take either of those off and they add a few hundred to the price. They also ripped me off on my trade in by saying they weren't going to sell it at their store so they couldn't haggle with me on the value, but a few days later it was on their lot for sale.

If you go here, make sure you ask for a breakout of all charges and inspect them fully and don't let them lie to you about your trade in. I haven't been to the service department yet so I can't comment on that part of the dealership.

Old 05-16-2012, 08:24 PM
5 Year Member
John Eagle Honda did the same shit with the data dots and bullshit. I fought them for hours over it. telling them they were f-ing high if they thought those options were worth as much as they were asking. Unforunately only black honda fit manual sport in the area.