Honda Fit Dealer Reviews Here is your chance to vent bad experiences with your local dealer or praise them for exceptional service! Please include the Dealer name, City, State and Country in the Title of your post. Help fellow FitFreaks find good dealers and avoid bad ones.

Pohanka Honda Marlow Heights (Temple Hills) MD-Best in DC Area!

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 02:25 PM
Thumbs up Pohanka Honda Marlow Heights (Temple Hills) MD-Best in DC Area!

I had looked at lots of cars before deciding on the Honda Fit. But after I decided that I wanted the Fit, I had trouble finding the car I wanted and at a decent price.

After haggling with two local Virginia dealers, I was frustrated.
Especially annoying also were the two Costco dealers:
Fairfax Honda-Sent me a generic E-mail, but never called me (still haven't), and when I called them, they did not pick up the phone
Brown's Honda-Wanted me to come in even though they did not have the car I wanted, finally confirmed that the Costco price was higher than the current prices I already had and they would not beat the price.

So I sent out requests to all the dealers in the area, including nearby Maryland dealers. I got the usual offers that substituted the Base model for the Sport model and manual transmission for the automatic transmission. Many dealers would not give a price at all, not by E-Mail or phone and insist that I come in to their showroom. No telling how many offers had hidden costs to them like high processing fees, unneeded coverages, unneeded options.

But I received one offer by E-Mail from Aubrey Farrare of Pohanka Honda in Marlow Heights (wife's GPS finds it as Temple Hills), that not only had the correct car and options, but also detailed freight, tax and all other fees that I would pay for the car.

My local dealer had said that they would match any price I got elsewhere, and since their deal was $1000 off of Aubrey's deal, I asked them to match it, and they refused. They were also charging me for wheel locks, as all the cars come with them, so we have to charge you for them.

So I called Aubrey and discussed the price he sent me, and I had checked and knew they had the car I wanted in stock. He said that yes, that price was good until the end of the month (that day). I told him I also was looking for carpet floor mats and a center console for the car and asked how much extra they would be. Aubrey told me that he was trying to meet a sales goal and if I came in and bought the car that night he would throw them in for free. It also came with the wheel locks the other dealer was going to have to sell me, but at no charge!

So I drove across the Woodrow Wilson bridge into Maryland (two exits to 4B), and sealed the deal. No games, no bait and switch, no hidden fees, easy as pie. I only wish I had started shopping there rather than haggling elsewhere and trying to track down Costco prices.

Best and easiest car deal I have ever made!