Honda Fit Dealer Reviews Here is your chance to vent bad experiences with your local dealer or praise them for exceptional service! Please include the Dealer name, City, State and Country in the Title of your post. Help fellow FitFreaks find good dealers and avoid bad ones.

There may actually be a Fit in my future...

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 11:06 PM
Thumbs up There may actually be a Fit in my future...

Well I have had quite a trip on my journey to a Fit (as many of you did) but I think I'm almost there now...

In August my truck (1997 Nissan King Cab XE lol!) broke down again. I was sick of it and went car shopping. Loved the Fit. Ordered a Storm Silver M/T base model (from Rick Case Honda in Cleveland) the next week. The out the door price was $15,890. I put a $2000 deposit down and it was supposeed to have arrived on Oct. 15th...

On Sept. 27th the dealership called to tell me I would not be recieving the car I ordered. They couldn't get it in. But they wanted to sell me this manual that came in instead, and they wanted to charge me for the automatic transmission. Another $800!! Well, let's just say that I wasn't pleased. On Sept. 30 after finding this out ( and finding no help in the salesmen ), I sat down to write Mr. Rick Case himself an e-mail. It was a full page long, describing the problems and the dissappointment I felt in the dealership. I explained that this was the first new car I had bought and that, if they turned this around and helped me out I would most likely be a returning cutomer. I balbered on for a while and told him I still wanted to strike a deal with him and that he should get in contact with me soon...

Today (Oct. 2) the general manager of the dealership called me (during racquetball class!) and wanted to apologize and work something out. He said that Rice Case had called him personally and forwarded him the e-mail, and told him to make this buyer happy. I am now pretty happy.

I am still not getting the M/T base Fit. I know that they are having huge troubles getting them in (from reading these forums), but I still felt like raising hell because it had happened to me!

I am now getting a deal I thought wasn't possible. A Storm Silver, 5-speed, Fit Sport...for 16,700 OUT THE DOOR !!! They just kept cutting back the price and at this point I let it go.

Today I up-graded from the base to the Sport model for $800. And I'm happy. My fit will be here in November (not sure exactly when though).

I give BIG PROPS TO RICK CASE, not to his sales staff (who wouldn't help me) but to the man who actually owns all the Rick Case dealerships. He stands behind promises and makes salespeople stand by their word so that the consumer will be happy.

Kudos to you Rick Case. Let's just make sure it shows up...or I'll want another $400 off.

Old 10-05-2006, 03:11 PM
I'm glad you got a good response at Rick Case.

I understand your frustration with the sales staff there.

Congrats on the Fit! I love mine.