Lunar Mist Auto up for grabs!

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 01:52 PM
5 Year Member
Lunar Mist Auto up for grabs!

I have a Lunar Mist Base Auto on order through Mechanicsville Honda in Richmond, VA, that's supposed to be built today (10/20/06). Long story short, we're going to cancel our order with the dealer, making this one up for grabs. It'll probably arrive at the dealership around Thanksgiving.

I wanted the FitFreak group to have first knowledge of it, before we tell the dealership to find another buyer. We have a $500 deposit on the car that will be refunded to us, so I'm assuming you'll have to drop a deposit via credit card, to get the buyer's order written up. Please PM me if you're interested, and we'll see if we can arrange the timing.

Last edited by DewaltDakota; 10-20-2006 at 01:56 PM.
Old 10-26-2006, 10:19 AM
Originally Posted by DewaltDakota
I have a Lunar Mist Base Auto on order through Mechanicsville Honda in Richmond, VA, that's supposed to be built today (10/20/06). Long story short, we're going to cancel our order with the dealer, making this one up for grabs. It'll probably arrive at the dealership around Thanksgiving.

I wanted the FitFreak group to have first knowledge of it, before we tell the dealership to find another buyer. We have a $500 deposit on the car that will be refunded to us, so I'm assuming you'll have to drop a deposit via credit card, to get the buyer's order written up. Please PM me if you're interested, and we'll see if we can arrange the timing.
Funny....I had a Lunar Mist base reserved with Mechanicsville Honda....months ago. After they left me hanging telling me all sorts of stories ("It's being built on such & such a date" "It'll be here such & such a date" etc.) they finally told me they couldn't GET me what I really wanted. So...Long story short...I ended up with an upgrade to Blaze orange AT Sport. Love love love it, but I really resented what Mechanicsville Honda put me through with that Lunar mist. Took me 3 months to get my Fit. And like you, I had put down the required $500.00 deposit.
I hope you find someone (or have already found another buyer) for the Lunar mist. I will wave to them when I pass them around town

Old 10-27-2006, 01:42 PM
Okay maybe you know, did you actually order it, or did they just try to get one close to what you wanted. I am so confused. So many diff answers to all my questions. One dealer told me I could order to my specs. another told me had to wait for what was allocated. I WANT blaze orange m/t and there is only heart break around every corner. Did your dealer add a adj. market value and if so how much? They are telling me 5000.00 too much for my taste. I have to wait for the January release I guess and hope they haven't lost their minds then too.

Old 10-28-2006, 01:11 PM
Wink

My brother bought his SSM Base from Mechanicsville Honda the end of April. I saw and drove his, fell in love with it, had a fit and had to have one. So I contacted Mechanicsville on May 2nd and told them what I wanted (the lunar mist base), gave them a deposit and they told me that I would have that car by mid to late June. There was no talk about them seeing what they had coming in.....THAT talk came LATER. I got a phone call from them in mid-June telling me that they could no longer get the Lunar Mist Base because "Honda isn't making that color or base model right now....." OMG I could have strangled them. Then I was told that they had a Blaze orange Sport AT coming in the first of July and I could "reserve" that one. So I did. Long story short....1st of July came and I was told it would be the first or second week of August before I would take ownership of the BOM Sport Fit. But all the while they kept telling me "Oh yes, it's your car when it gets here". I made them show me the computer inventory on their database to be sure I wasn't being told another crock of crap. Sure enough, I took possession of my BOM AT Sport on July 31st, 3 months after I started the trip down Fit Lane. I later found out that their sister dealership had gotten a Lunar mist base in the week before they (Mechanicsville) told me they couldn't get this model.....other dealer told me that it sat on the lot all day before someone came in and bought it....go figure.
HOWEVER ~ I am DELIGHTED with my Blaze Orange Best wishes to you in your BOM Sport MT Fit search. Just keep chanting "I do believe in Fits, I do believe in Fits, I do I do I do I do I DO!!"

Old 11-15-2006, 04:34 PM
5 Year Member
I think where you got spanked by Mechanicsville Honda, is in the fact you wanted a Base model, when they had just been allocated (and sold) a Base. They have very, very few Fits (I think they only get one a month), and Honda has been stating that only a certain percentage of their Fits can be a Base ... the rest must be Sports. So, if say, only 20% of their Fits can be a Base, then they can only order one Base every five months!

You're looking for an even bigger pickle, of what you want is a manual shift, as only 15% of all Fits allocated to a dealership can be of a non-auto tranny. Since Lunar Mist is only produced in the Base model, you then have to wait for Honda to get around to lining up enough orders for Base Lunar Mist models in your particular tranny preference, before a build date can be assigned to your order.

Having said all of that, we ordered the Lunar Mist on 7/3, knowing when they finally got another allocation for a Base model (September order, for an October build and November delivery). Mechanicsville was very good about printing up an actual sales order, and agreeing to no markup, or other, mandatory add-ons.