Austin

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2006, 10:57 AM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
Austin

is anybody in Austin or surrounding areas?

Old 05-12-2006, 10:05 AM
GSP
I'm in Round Rock and placed an order for a FIT earlier this week, sounds like it will be August at the earliest, maybe Sept before I get it.

Old 05-12-2006, 01:55 PM
I'm in North Austin. Bought mine from Classic Honda in RR.

Old 05-12-2006, 02:01 PM
Master FitFreaker
in houston here but I go to san marcus sometime lol

Old 05-12-2006, 03:11 PM
GSP
I just got a call from Waco, they have three auto sports coming in in the next 3-4 weeks, but they want $895 over MSRP and they want a contract written, no deposits. Thanks, but no thanks, I'll wait.

Old 05-12-2006, 04:29 PM
Master FitFreaker
Originally Posted by GSP
I just got a call from Waco, they have three auto sports coming in in the next 3-4 weeks, but they want $895 over MSRP and they want a contract written, no deposits. Thanks, but no thanks, I'll wait.
damn thats way too much

Old 05-12-2006, 05:17 PM
GSP
Just got off the phone with the dealer in San Marcos, obviously not much demand there as they only get two a month and both are unspoken for in June, looks like I'll be getting my Blue Auto Sport in a month or so. Yea Baby!!!!!!

Old 05-12-2006, 07:44 PM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
I flew to NM to get mine.. I tried to get it from howdy honda but they weren't going to get them untill June and since I had been out of a car for about a month I was in dire need of a car quicker.. so my bro had a hookup in NM and I got it there for 15,720

Old 05-13-2006, 12:41 AM
I'm in SA.

Nice deal sLiVeRwOrM. Did you have to pay for destination?

Old 05-14-2006, 02:58 AM
Austin crew checking in

Old 05-14-2006, 09:55 AM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
No I do not belive I had to pay dest.

Old 06-03-2006, 01:09 PM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by maczter
North Austin here.

I Don't have a Fit yet. Trying to convince my wife to let me sell my Mazdaspeed MX-5 and get a Fit since I only ever drive my car to and from work (5 miles each way) these days, so it seems silly to be paying $550/month for it. Plus, she's about to trade her Mazda6 in for a Mazda3, so we'll have even less cargo capacity in her car (since I couldn't convince her to get a 5-door Mazda3) and the Fit just seems like a fun way to have a car that can carry crap if/when we need it. That, and the fact that it gets good gas mileage and only needs regular unleaded gas is a big plus too (compared to 20 MPG and Super Unleaded required in my Mazdaspeed).

Once my wife's Mazda3 comes in (those things are apparently selling like crazy too), then I'll most likely be ordering a Silver 5-Speed Sport.
My mom's mazda 626 is a POS and at 56k miles (warranty ended @ 50k) its started to die left and right.. new tranny.. rear-view mirrior is cracked from the heat.. its just falling apart.. it has over-heated atleast twice and had the radiator hoses replaced along with the belts. i hate it, but when I drive it i love the sound of the engine hehe

Old 06-03-2006, 01:10 PM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
North Austin here.

I Don't have a Fit yet. Trying to convince my wife to let me sell my Mazdaspeed MX-5 and get a Fit since I only ever drive my car to and from work (5 miles each way) these days, so it seems silly to be paying $550/month for it. Plus, she's about to trade her Mazda6 in for a Mazda3, so we'll have even less cargo capacity in her car (since I couldn't convince her to get a 5-door Mazda3) and the Fit just seems like a fun way to have a car that can carry crap if/when we need it. That, and the fact that it gets good gas mileage and only needs regular unleaded gas is a big plus too (compared to 20 MPG and Super Unleaded required in my Mazdaspeed).

Once my wife's Mazda3 comes in (those things are apparently selling like crazy too), then I'll most likely be ordering a Silver 5-Speed Sport.
My mom's mazda 626 is a POS and at 56k miles (warranty ended @ 50k) its started to die left and right.. new tranny.. rear-view mirrior is cracked from the heat.. its just falling apart.. it has over-heated atleast twice and had the radiator hoses replaced along with the belts. i hate it, but when I drive it i love the sound of the engine hehe

Old 06-03-2006, 04:37 PM
NW Austin checking in. Got a Storm Silver Sport AT coming in end of June (according to my sales guy @ Classic Honda). I really wanted to buy from Howdy but they couldn't get me a SS AT until August or Sept. I've only seen 2 Fits on the road in Austin - a red sport and a storm silver sport.

Old 06-03-2006, 07:59 PM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
Yeah. 626's are not so great. The Mazda3 and the Miatas have all been pretty bullet-proof. In fact, my wife just traded in her Mazda6 S for a Mazda3 S and I actually prefer the 3. It's much more light and nimble, but every bit as nice inside as her fully loaded Mazda6 was...with the added benefit of being nearly as quick, just as quiet and made in Japan instead of Detroit. :P

I've had four Miatas over the past 9 years and never had to do more than scheduled maintenance type stuff. I'm not getting a Fit because I don't like the Miata.

I'm just doing it because I'm paying $500 and some change every month for a car that I only drive maybe 100 miles per month and only to and from the office 99% of the time, so it seems like a waste. If I get the Fit, my payment should be at least $200/month less and, combined with other stuff I'm changing right now, I can get some stuff paid back off so I can use the Fit for my commuter and hauling stuff around car and then get something even better than the Miata for a fun weekend hill country cruiser (Lotus Elise is at the top of my list right now). My wife still isn't 100% in favor of letting the Mazdaspeed Miata go, but we actually got to drive a base auto Fit today, so she's a little closer to going for it without giving me too hard a time now.
When looking for a car my dad wanted me to get a maita, so I went to go look at them.. DAMN THEY ARE SMALL even for me.. and iam 5'3 lol.. I just couldnt imagine myself going to open my door and only be able to use like 1 finger to do it, also its not the best thing for a 19yr old college student who likes to haul friends and (stuff) around.. I found the fit by luck.. just getting bored and lookin around at random car sites and found it.. its like it was deston to be mine! hehe

Old 06-03-2006, 09:15 PM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jaybee
NW Austin checking in. Got a Storm Silver Sport AT coming in end of June (according to my sales guy @ Classic Honda). I really wanted to buy from Howdy but they couldn't get me a SS AT until August or Sept. I've only seen 2 Fits on the road in Austin - a red sport and a storm silver sport.
I went to howdy honda 2 months ago.. they told me the same time. I have not seen another single Fit on the road, even if I did iam pretty sure Iam the only one with 35% all around and rollin on 17s hehe

Old 06-03-2006, 09:17 PM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
meh. it's all relative. I'm 6' 0" tall and I have no problem. Only adjustment necessary was to remove the sun visors and put a pre-made blanking panel over the spot where they normally attach. I also know a guy that's 6'1" and weighs 250 if he weighs a pound and he drives a turbo miata with a full roll cage that requires him to basically thread himself through the opening on the drivers side as there's a horizontal bar at the top and a diagonal that cuts across the bottom half of the door opening.
Iam sure they are fun.. but the fit is fun too.. abit of tuning and you can be out there with some maitas i bet besides i like turnin heads and watchin people stare like.. WHAT IS THAT? (the good kind)

Old 06-05-2006, 02:10 PM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
I've seen one black sport model Fit with pretty dark tint at the Exxon on 1325 by La Fronterra. Technically, I didn't see him on the road, but I'm pretty sure he was on the road shortly before I arrived and shortly after I left.

Not knocking the Fit at all. I enjoyed driving it today and I have no doubt I'll enjoy it if I get one of my own. After all, the HP and weight are nearly identical to my old first gen Miata AND I can take three friends with me instead of just one. Just clarifying that I have no complaints about Miatas either. Though I have to admit I don't care one bit for the new ones.
well when you get it be sure and post some pics man!

Old 06-09-2006, 04:09 PM
Originally Posted by sLiVeRwOrM
I went to howdy honda 2 months ago.. they told me the same time. I have not seen another single Fit on the road, even if I did iam pretty sure Iam the only one with 35% all around and rollin on 17s hehe

I put a deposit down in late April on the last Fit in the first shipment to Howdy Honda,
and got my fit last Friday, June 2nd! It's a Blaze Orange Metallic AT Sport, and
I LOVE IT!!!!

BTW, I'm in Southwest Austin in Oak Hill. When I picked up the car, the sales guy told
me people were putting down deposits for Fits scheduled to come in October!

Old 06-09-2006, 04:12 PM
I test drove one in San Marcos in late April, and could've bought it off the lot, but they wanted almost $1000 over MSRP, too. I told them I'd wait. I thought their sales people were overbearing, too.

Quick Reply: Austin