Austin

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 06:01 PM
Glad you snagged a Blaze Orange from Howdy! I really wanted to buy mine from Howdy because I like the people at the dealership. Didn't high-pressure me at all. I couldn't get one til September so went to Classic in Round Rock and put a deposit down on May 1. I have my vin number and build date was May 28. They say I could have it as soon as the last week in June. Can't wait to join you guys on the road!

Old 06-09-2006, 08:32 PM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by monicak42
I put a deposit down in late April on the last Fit in the first shipment to Howdy Honda,
and got my fit last Friday, June 2nd! It's a Blaze Orange Metallic AT Sport, and
I LOVE IT!!!!

BTW, I'm in Southwest Austin in Oak Hill. When I picked up the car, the sales guy told
me people were putting down deposits for Fits scheduled to come in October!
hey.. I was actualy going to get that one.. lol i went there at the end of april to find out what they had and i could get.. they said.. orange AT spt.. so I was like ok i wan that. and I couldnt because somebody else had put money on it.. oh well i got my white spt and intake now! hehe

Old 06-10-2006, 02:50 AM
GSP
Got a call with my VIN # delivery is scheduled for sometime between the 17th and 21st of June, only a few more days, seems like I've been waiting a year. I've only seen one ever and it was a Silver Storm at Classic that was already spoken for.

Old 06-10-2006, 10:40 AM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
gotta post some pics once you get it dude

Old 06-11-2006, 10:33 AM
I can't believe the wait for them is so long.

I've seen one Storm Silver Fit at an intersection near my apartments, but that's the one and only time I've seen one on the road besides my own.

If you get yours from Classic, see if you can convince them to leave their ugly gold name badge off of it when it comes in. They forgot to badge mine thankfully, but my friend bought a Civic from them and it sticks out in contrast to the rest of Honda's silver trim.

Old 06-11-2006, 02:29 PM
Originally Posted by verily
I can't believe the wait for them is so long.

I've seen one Storm Silver Fit at an intersection near my apartments, but that's the one and only time I've seen one on the road besides my own.

If you get yours from Classic, see if you can convince them to leave their ugly gold name badge off of it when it comes in. They forgot to badge mine thankfully, but my friend bought a Civic from them and it sticks out in contrast to the rest of Honda's silver trim.
I'm glad you brought up the dealership badging. It's always bothered me that I spend thousands on the ride of my choice and then, without even asking, they slap a billboard for their dealership on the rear. If I wanted it there, I'd ask them to pay me to lease the ad space! lol. Classic has an especially huge logo badge. I'll take your advice, Verily, and demand they bypass the commercial message on my storm silver (when it comes in). Thx!

Old 06-12-2006, 10:28 AM
Originally Posted by sLiVeRwOrM
hey.. I was actualy going to get that one.. lol i went there at the end of april to find out what they had and i could get.. they said.. orange AT spt.. so I was like ok i wan that. and I couldnt because somebody else had put money on it.. oh well i got my white spt and intake now! hehe

OOps - sorry! Glad we both got one early though!!

Old 06-12-2006, 10:35 AM
Talking Fitastic!

Coolest thing yesterday morning - I live in South Austin, but was up North I-35 and Pflugerville visiting a friend, and someone in a blaze orange metallic Fit honked at me and then got on the freeway!!! I waved when I realized it - who here also has an orange Fit?

Old 06-12-2006, 06:31 PM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
not me.. i usually around SA near riverside and ben white.. still have yet to see another on the road!!

Old 06-14-2006, 10:49 AM
just got a call from my sales guy @ classic honda. my storm silver sport a/t was shipped 6/9 and will be in round rock btwn 6/19 - 6/23! who do ya'll recommend in austin for tint? what's the darkest % i can go?

Old 06-14-2006, 10:53 AM
Originally Posted by jaybee
just got a call from my sales guy @ classic honda. my storm silver sport a/t was shipped 6/9 and will be in round rock btwn 6/19 - 6/23! who do ya'll recommend in austin for tint? what's the darkest % i can go?

I'd go to Mother's Window Tint - they've been in Austin for decades, but then again, my uncle works there, so I'm partial to them.

Old 06-14-2006, 12:29 PM
Originally Posted by monicak42
I'd go to Mother's Window Tint - they've been in Austin for decades, but then again, my uncle works there, so I'm partial to them.

thx for the kudos to mother's. is that where you got your fit tint? i used them once years ago and they did a great job - really nice too. since then, i've had the dealership tint through their vendor. don't want to do that again so will take it over myself this time.

Old 06-15-2006, 09:51 AM
GSP
Originally Posted by jaybee
who do ya'll recommend in austin for tint? what's the darkest % i can go?
These guys are top notch, I highly recomend them, I have friends that had work done by them 10 years ago that still look as good as the day it was installed. I'll be headed there in a week or two when mine comes in.

Sun Tint Inc
6205 Burnet Road # A
Austin, TX 78757
(512) 467-6767

Old 06-15-2006, 09:59 AM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
Who all has their cars and who is still waitting here in ATX?

Old 06-15-2006, 10:25 AM
Originally Posted by GSP
These guys are top notch, I highly recomend them, I have friends that had work done by them 10 years ago that still look as good as the day it was installed. I'll be headed there in a week or two when mine comes in.

Sun Tint Inc
6205 Burnet Road # A
Austin, TX 78757
(512) 467-6767
I bought my '98 Accord from First Texas Honda and had the tint done at Sun Tint. The car now has 120k+, still runs great and the tint looks new. Guess you just made up my mind, GSP. lol. Thx for the help!

Old 06-18-2006, 10:53 PM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
whos got their car and who is still waitting? we should meet up and check em all out.. I still have yet to see another fit on the road! let alone one with black interrior

Old 06-19-2006, 09:13 AM
Originally Posted by sLiVeRwOrM
whos got their car and who is still waitting? we should meet up and check em all out.. I still have yet to see another fit on the road! let alone one with black interrior
My Storm Silver Sport is being delivered this week! I assume the carrier should have a few fellow Fits on board for others in town. Man, Austin dealers must have low allocations on these - I've only seen 3 on the streets since it's release. Guess that's good for us cause we're still unique!

Old 06-19-2006, 10:10 AM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
We should have a mini-meet to check out the fits!

Old 06-19-2006, 05:33 PM
GSP
Got mine today!!!

Old 06-19-2006, 06:30 PM
Originally Posted by GSP
Got mine today!!!
Very cool! You got yours in San Marcos, right? How'd the whole transaction go? Mines supposed to be here tomorrow @ Classic in Round Rock. Hope it all goes smoothly.

Quick Reply: Austin