Off Topic Discussion Discuss anything that pleases you here.

Rep Points..does anybody really care about them?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 12:08 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by koolkevin1107
i love rep points! it gives me motivation to make more DIY's and write-ups. It shows me that people are actually reading them.
To see if people are reading them your supposed to look at number of views lol.

Old 12-31-2007, 06:55 PM
5 Year Member
btw i just discovered this..the colored square under "Rep Power", put your mouse on it without clicking it and it says something i.e Mx6gt89 is about to be famous soon enough lol

Old 12-31-2007, 07:06 PM
Originally Posted by fits_all
btw i just discovered this..the colored square under "Rep Power", put your mouse on it without clicking it and it says something i.e Mx6gt89 is about to be famous soon enough lol
HAAAAHAAaaaa!!!

I very much AM a known quantity THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!
I have never been so insulted!!!
I am quantified very nicely...I might add!

Old 01-04-2008, 07:13 AM
This is interesting...whudduya guys think?

I just got a rep from somebody (thank you somebody) but it did not change my number

I have a handful of them (still dont have a visible pt. on my posts though)
and I just recieved another one...but the total number did not change

Just thought that was odd or just interesting...I have not decided yet...

Anywho in the seemingly unlikely event that I should ever get a visible rep point....PARTY AT MY PLACE...DRINKS ON THE HOUSE! ok not really that would be troublesome for me right now...but...

I would do one of these...

Quickly followed by one of these

After all of that I will be emaciated and dance and look like this

So I will quickly eat and rehidrate with some 7up

And then look and dance like this

I will then pause...........

..........continue to pause..........

.........still pausing........

...........yup you guessed it........

.....then stop with my pause and do this

then continue with my pause but now facing the floor....

Old 01-04-2008, 11:14 AM
5 Year Member
I got 2 rep points, go me :-P

Old 01-04-2008, 11:59 AM
5 Year Member
ROFL Ummmm I never even noticed the rep points. Shows you how much I pay attention. Hence I never clicked on em or anything. But if you are willing to send me a dollar for every point, I will gladly click away. hehe

Old 01-06-2008, 05:13 AM
As Promised !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Snap Fit

............pause...........

..........continuing to pause..........

.........still pausing........

...........yup you guessed it........

.....now........ ahhhh that felt good....

I have 11 rep's ...so I think its safe to say that you probably get one "visible" rep when you reach 10...but after a few "visible" reps the total might need to be higher like 20 to get a visible rep...or more.

I would just like to thank-
my family, girlfriend, and oboviously all of you fellow FITFREAKS.

With out all of you this wouldnt have been possible...this rep pt. is for all of you....
thank you....*holds up ficticious rep pt. quickly replaces it with index finger proclaiming "I'm # 1"*

Old 01-06-2008, 10:03 AM
My Lips Bigger!
5 Year Member
i would love some it makes me feel "underprivileged" or "inferior"
i think IMO that its more for the person themselves rather that some1 gonna look and see if they should believe what that person is saying or not

Old 01-06-2008, 09:41 PM
i've repped quite a few people, but i dont have any rep so i dont know if it made any difference. IMO people here need to start repping more!!!!!

Old 01-06-2008, 11:53 PM
i never really understood the rep thing but i do give out alot of them. typically i just look at who the person is and how many posts they have and that kinda tells me if they are full of crap or not. if the guy only has a couple posts and is telling me not to pull my spare tire out all i can do is laugh. if it is someone who has been on for awhile and is green with alot of posts i know i can pretty much beleive what they have to say is right. i dont have a single rep point but as long as im not red im happy. i know im a great guy anyway lmao!!!

Old 01-06-2008, 11:57 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by jdjohnson9
i never really understood the rep thing but i do give out alot of them. typically i just look at who the person is and how many posts they have and that kinda tells me if they are full of crap or not. if the guy only has a couple posts and is telling me not to pull my spare tire out all i can do is laugh. if it is someone who has been on for awhile and is green with alot of posts i know i can pretty much beleive what they have to say is right. i dont have a single rep point but as long as im not red im happy. i know im a great guy anyway lmao!!!
I rep'd you when you were giving me all that info on the Nav stuff. You should have at least 1?

Tyler

Old 01-07-2008, 12:07 AM
Originally Posted by TOOL
I rep'd you when you were giving me all that info on the Nav stuff. You should have at least 1?

Tyler
wow im green now. haha. thanks Tyler

Old 01-07-2008, 02:56 PM
5 Year Member
i have like 3 rep points...and no visable rep point. I don't know what i'm doing wrong... and i'm a senior member now too. Doh.

Old 01-07-2008, 03:42 PM
Hmmmm more obsevations from the clueless senior...(me)

I got some more reps recently after my "Diy...Most Epic Interior Mod Ever" thread (thanks to all ) and what I noticed is this...

I was at six invisible reps for like 3 reps!

then it started to climb and went to 11, and then I finnaly got a visible one! however I have had atleast 3 reps at 11 and my visible and invisible has not changed but when I got a rep for doing a photochop for somebody...it went to 12 invisible reps...

so either you after about 5 invisible's you have to get like 2-3 "cloaked invisibles" (hahaa) to get 1 invisible (keep following me here...) then definately when you get to 10+invisibles (and now one visible) need 3 "cloaked invisibles" to get I invisible....who knows when you get another "visible" one
or
If you recieved a full "visible" rep point from a certain thread then you cant get more additional "visible" or even "invisible" reps from the same thread....

So If anybody could follow what I typed....what do you think?

I have found that now I am "on a distinguished road"... I never thought that SEPULVEDA BLVD. was all that "distinguished" thought....could just be me...(it is popular... ... but..."distinguished"?)HAhahahahahaaa

...its sooooo mysterious...

Old 01-07-2008, 08:55 PM
Originally Posted by Snap Fit
Hmmmm more obsevations from the clueless senior...(me)

I got some more reps recently after my "Diy...Most Epic Interior Mod Ever" thread (thanks to all ) and what I noticed is this...

I was at six invisible reps for like 3 reps!

then it started to climb and went to 11, and then I finnaly got a visible one! however I have had atleast 3 reps at 11 and my visible and invisible has not changed but when I got a rep for doing a photochop for somebody...it went to 12 invisible reps...

so either you after about 5 invisible's you have to get like 2-3 "cloaked invisibles" (hahaa) to get 1 invisible (keep following me here...) then definately when you get to 10+invisibles (and now one visible) need 3 "cloaked invisibles" to get I invisible....who knows when you get another "visible" one
or
If you recieved a full "visible" rep point from a certain thread then you cant get more additional "visible" or even "invisible" reps from the same thread....

So If anybody could follow what I typed....what do you think?

I have found that now I am "on a distinguished road"... I never thought that SEPULVEDA BLVD. was all that "distinguished" thought....could just be me...(it is popular... ... but..."distinguished"?)HAhahahahahaaa

...its sooooo mysterious...
haha. i have no idea what the heck you are talking about but i repped you anyway cause it sounded like you have somewhat of a clue whats up with the reps. lol. like i said before as long as im not red im happy.

Old 01-18-2008, 04:01 AM
Former Vendor
no rep for you

Old 01-18-2008, 07:37 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by strutking
no rep for you
lol + rep

Old 01-31-2008, 08:04 PM
I use them for anyone that gives me advice that helps, or when I see something that entertains or amuses me. Haven't needed neg rep here yet, and I doubt I will. I reserve that for trolls on other boards I am on. That is helpful to other members, because if you see someone with a big red negative rep, you know to ignore them, or at least take anything they say with a grain of salt.

Old 01-31-2008, 09:08 PM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
i don't really pay attention to the person's "rep power" but i do notice if they have a red square instead of an empty or green one. so far, red squares seem to be pretty good indicators of the type of posts the person makes.

Old 02-18-2008, 02:44 AM
Well I am still keeping pretty good track/log of my rep situation...only to be more confused or enlightened...errr whatever I feel at that particular moment...hahaa

But I think its safe to say that you automatically get 1 rep pt once you pass 1000 posts...just by default. As I have been following that as of late. (and now personally know)

once you pass 10 invisible pts it does seem like it takes a few to get another invisible pt and after 15pts it seems like it takes forever to get another invisible pt....not even a visible one!

so i have been taking screen pics of whenever someone reps me. Its impossible to be accurate sometimes as more than one person will rep me but it only shows the most recent one...so alot has gone by that I have missed.

Quick Reply: Rep Points..does anybody really care about them?