Off Topic Discussion Discuss anything that pleases you here.

College help?

Old 01-30-2011, 03:14 PM
"Youngest FitFreak"(without a Fit)
5 Year Member
Question College help?

Hey everyone, I have a problem regarding college. I do not know whether to stay in town (Miami) or to go away for college. I have a few local choices, but the only one I really would want to go to is University of Miami, but it's far too expensive, even with a scholarship. I was also thinking of Florida State University, which is about 500 miles away, and the University of Florida, which is like 350 miles away. Does anyone have an advice on whether I should stay or go?

Thanks, Charlie.

Old 01-30-2011, 05:41 PM
ohw
5 Year Member
I would start with the subject you are interested, and look for the school that is suitable for the subject, not the location of the school, or where your friends are going. Then financial comes next, how do you intend to pay for school and your room/board. Determine which is the best school you can afford. It would be cheaper if you stay home at your parents, assuming it is an option.

Old 01-31-2011, 12:57 AM
5 Year Member
If I could do it again, I would have stayed living with my parents. Working a full time and a part time job just to pay tuition,rent, bills etc. made it hard to focus 100% on school. Granted I completed, but I payed a very high price just for some independence a few years early. That's my recommendation: live with parents, focus on school, pick up a part time job if you really need it.

Old 02-16-2011, 11:44 PM
-you'll be spending the next 4+ years of your life there. visit the campus, the city, get a feel for the life, etc. you want these years of your prime to be fun

-very very smart to look at the financials. the biggest problem today is a bunch of kids go off to school just because its the thing to do, sleep through class on their way to some worthless degree, and leave the coddled youth life absolutely saddled in debt. this is the worst way to start a career and a life of self-sufficiency.

be smart with your money. find a school with a good value. and ignore that worthless us news publication that high schoolers trip themselves over