Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.

Need help choosing a vehicle (kinda long)

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 11:41 PM
Originally Posted by jbrisson
What a bonehead response. I already have a Fit.....

thanks
my bad....i just meant that since the majority of fitfreaks will favour the fit over the others. o.k. mang

Old 12-06-2006, 02:32 AM
Originally Posted by tershel
my bad....i just meant that since the majority of fitfreaks will favour the fit over the others. o.k. mang
No worries. I was just giving you a hard time ;)

Old 12-06-2006, 09:44 AM
No worries. I was just giving you a hard time ;)
You dont need to appologize to him, it's not YOUR fault that he was too stupid to read the FIRST POST where you say you're getting your OWN fit very soon....not trying to instigage anything, just saying....

Last edited by tattedxb; 12-06-2006 at 09:57 AM.
Old 12-06-2006, 10:49 AM
Originally Posted by tattedxb
You dont need to appologize to him, it's not YOUR fault that he was too stupid to read the FIRST POST where you say you're getting your OWN fit very soon....not trying to instigage anything, just saying....
I don't think it matters who's fault it is, but it's important to respect everyone in the community. No need to call him stupid.

I think I should do a black cherry/bright pink/black cherry scheme or something.

Old 12-06-2006, 01:42 PM
I don't think it matters who's fault it is, but it's important to respect everyone in the community. No need to call him stupid.

I think I should do a black cherry/bright pink/black cherry scheme or something.
But it was okay for him to call you bonehead? lol

Old 12-06-2006, 02:07 PM
But it was okay for him to call you bonehead? lol
Would you like me to start caps locking and calling him all kinds of names? Would being an E-thug bring justice to the situation as you see it? It's not THAT big of a deal...

Please back on topic. Thanks.

Black cherry is my top pic. And maybe the Mugen Dynamite projectors and the Full Bloom front end conversion. I could do the work myself, so budgeting that isn't even a big deal.

Last edited by jbrisson; 12-06-2006 at 02:10 PM.
Old 12-06-2006, 10:34 PM
5 Year Member
[quote=jbrisson]Thanks for the replies :). I've had a chance to drive most of them and I'm now leaning towards the SX4, Spectra5, Fit.

I really wanted to like the Yaris but I wouldn't buy the liftback unless it was the Canadian version (5 door vs. our 3 door). I actually prefer the looks of the sedan, but I'm not in love with the center stack. It got annoying during my drive.

quote]

While I agree that the FIT is good there are still more choices. When is the car being bought?

Mazda 3 four door sedan
Toyota Matrix
MINI base Cooper (new for 2007) small but loads of rear space with seats down or consider the cabrio version.

If you are considering the Yaris sedan then why not the CIVIC 2 door sedan- kinda nice styling and a bit more expensive but a very good car.
Not as good if you need storage space.

Does it have to be a new car? Save some money consider a used VW- those are popular with younger drivers.

Old 12-07-2006, 06:27 AM
[quote=MINI-Fit]
Thanks for the replies :). I've had a chance to drive most of them and I'm now leaning towards the SX4, Spectra5, Fit.

I really wanted to like the Yaris but I wouldn't buy the liftback unless it was the Canadian version (5 door vs. our 3 door). I actually prefer the looks of the sedan, but I'm not in love with the center stack. It got annoying during my drive.

quote]

While I agree that the FIT is good there are still more choices. When is the car being bought?

Mazda 3 four door sedan
Toyota Matrix
MINI base Cooper (new for 2007) small but loads of rear space with seats down or consider the cabrio version.
The Matrix is cool, but I've driven it and it's quite boring. In all honesty, if I'm going to be driving it the way I plan to, I'd like something that has a little more character, hence why I'm going smaller (my 97 Civic HX coupe had NO power whatsoever, but was still probably the most fun of all my vehicles to drive because of its tossability).

I'm not so sure the Mini Cooper is going to turn that many heads. It was big a few years ago when the Italian Job remake was released, but I'm not so sure about how the younger people feel about it today, if that makes sense.

I like the Mazda 3 sedan and actually considered one. Dunno why I passed on it, but it's certainly worth another look, I suppose. Thanks.

If you are considering the Yaris sedan then why not the CIVIC 2 door sedan- kinda nice styling and a bit more expensive but a very good car.
Not as good if you need storage space.
Because it doesn't have the storage of the hatch, which is why I nixxed the Yaris sedan. I like the Yaris sedan more than the liftback, but if the liftback was available in a 5 door like it is in Canada and Japan, I would've re-considered. Plus, I already have a new Civic (07 Si coupe) that I'm building as a boosted daily driver. I kinda want to do something different.

Does it have to be a new car? Save some money consider a used VW- those are popular with younger drivers.
Unfortunately, they're also very popular with mechanics....at least mine was. :p

Old 12-07-2006, 09:10 AM
I say with with an Element, XB, a fit or a mazda 3 SPEED (are those out yet?)

The mini s's are cool if you get the body kit and racing wing on it. (looks wise that is for the youngin's)

Old 12-07-2006, 12:39 PM
5 Year Member
[QUOTE=jbrisson]
Originally Posted by MINI-Fit

The Matrix is cool, but I've driven it and it's quite boring...

I'm not so sure the Mini Cooper is going to turn that many heads. It was big a few years ago when the Italian Job remake was released, but I'm not so sure about how the younger people feel about it today, if that makes sense.

Unfortunately, they're also very popular with mechanics....at least mine was. :p
OK, so the Matrix is just really a Corolla with a hatchback. Agreed.
And VWs are full featured but no so reliable.

Here are some pictures of older MINIs that turn heads- there is alot that can be done these days.

18x9" Kodiak 3 piece custom rims 245/35-18 tires

And upgrade the interior with a big sound system like this-

The dash with three LED screens

The door with two sets of component speakers

Behind the drivers or in the boot add subs
(the Rockford Fosgate MINI in Hawaii)

Future MINI for 2008 called the Traveler with extended back-
http://www.motoringfile.com/pictures/concept_geneva/

Old 12-07-2006, 01:32 PM
I say with with an Element, XB, a fit or a mazda 3 SPEED (are those out yet?)

The mini s's are cool if you get the body kit and racing wing on it. (looks wise that is for the youngin's)
My boosted 07 Civic Si > 07 Mazdaspeed 3.....:cool:

Funny you mentioned that too. My license plate will say "MS3MYAZ"....lol :p I personally think they're overrated, but for the price, they're tough to beat.

Old 12-08-2006, 09:31 AM
My boosted 07 Civic Si > 07 Mazdaspeed 3.....:cool:

Funny you mentioned that too. My license plate will say "MS3MYAZ"....lol :p I personally think they're overrated, but for the price, they're tough to beat.
LOL, does your plate really say that? Awesome! haha, boosted si, nicee..and yeah, the ms3-speeds are nice for the price...

Old 12-08-2006, 12:23 PM
LOL, does your plate really say that? Awesome! haha, boosted si, nicee..and yeah, the ms3-speeds are nice for the price...
lol, just waiting on it to come from the DMV :D

Here's a couple vids of a friend's boosted 06:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bmxoj8GRSCs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VSZCkuwnoY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gwceCAtAVc

MS3's are cool for the price, but they fall on their face before their 6000RPM redline. I'm so used to Hondas revving passed 6K, it was pointless. My Si revs to 8500K (for now :) ), so, it was a more fun and engaging drive, with i-VTEC allowing for some civility in daily driving.

I'm considering swapping a K20Z3/K24a4 into JB's Fit, provided we get the one at invoice pricing, so if that happens, I won't approach Richard about buying another vehicle. I'll pitch the advertisment to him and ask to use the logo on JB's vehicle and he can just reimburse us for travel expenses or something. I think he'd go for it. We decided on the Full Bloom JDM front end conversion with Mugen Dynamite projector headlights, Mugen side skirts, rear bumper, spoiler and maybe the wide-body flairs, I'm not 100% sure on that. Probably some 16" Rota J.SPL's or 17" Torque's. I figure, you can't get much more aggressive than that :)

Last edited by jbrisson; 12-08-2006 at 12:27 PM.