Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.

While the Fit is really cool....

Old 01-14-2008, 07:48 PM
I dunno guys, i think we're thinking about it the wrong way. Sure its ridiculously underpowered, but its only 2500$. a TTC pass here (Metro Pass in Toronto) costs 100 bucks a month. so if you keep this car for a little over 2 years, you're winning. Sure there are all of the other costs like gas and parking as such, but i think my point remains; a small car like this for city driving (just downtown driving, getting groceries and such) would be a phenomenal buy. even if it came here for 5000$, can you imagine the people that would buy it solely for city and A to B transport? soooo many people. most people dont care that their car is an ugly pos, they just wanna get to wherever they need to go. and so what if it breaks down, scrap it and buy another, its only 2500$. say a fit is 25 000$ CDN and you keep it for 10 years, youll have to buy one of these cars every year to pay as much as for the FIT, so as long as you can keep one of these going for longer than a year, you're saving money. not that im complaining, i love my FIT so very much, im just saying, they wont be able to make these fast enough, no matter where they sell them.
your fellow FitFreaker,
*Noob

Old 01-14-2008, 10:19 PM
Honda Fit Forums Moderator
Great car for poorer countries who don't need a big gas guzzler to look cool.

I think it will sell a LOT and hopefully it will show the other car companies that smaller more efficient, cheaper cars are what people want!.

Old 02-22-2008, 08:02 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks to Automotive News and SAE I've seen much of the Tata. First, its a go cart or golf cart with a body shell. Never pass US safety and emission laws but it is correct for a country like India. Even our Mexicans live better than India peasants. Tata should be congratulated for their offering to increase the standard of living in those countries.

Old 02-22-2008, 08:17 AM
Originally Posted by mahout
Thanks to Automotive News and SAE I've seen much of the Tata. First, its a go cart or golf cart with a body shell. Never pass US safety and emission laws but it is correct for a country like India. Even our Mexicans live better than India peasants. Tata should be congratulated for their offering to increase the standard of living in those countries.
"Our Mexicans?":confused::rolleyes:

Old 02-22-2008, 08:23 AM
5 Year Member
man, this just screams "bad idea" now, I'm not being selfish or whatever, but from a logical stand point of view, just think, how expansive the gas already is now days, and when this little car comes out, the demand for gas will rise, and so will the price be. but oh well, it's is quite amazing what they can do with 2500 these days...

Old 02-22-2008, 09:59 AM
I believe the Tato was created to give families a safer way to transport themselves and their multiple children. In India it's a common sight to see scooters with lot of arms and legs sticking out everywhere as their parents try to hang on to them. There must be a healthy supply of arms and legs there....ewwww. Hopefully they're addressing some smog issues too.

Old 02-22-2008, 02:55 PM
5 Year Member
wow...that diff..hope it comes to america which i am sure it wont...we love our SUV and hummers too much :D